Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're going to be a mess if he doesn't...

Hahahaa, wouldn't have it any other way. I approach this situation the same as I did with Cambiasso and Tielemans. No point not going all in on gifted players, anything past the summer is a huge bonus but it'll happen. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa, wouldn't have it any other way. I approach this situation the same as I did with Cambiasso and Tielemans. No point not going all in on gifted players, anything past the summer is a huge bonus but it'll happen. 

I am glad you're no longer a betting man...

On 06/02/2023 at 20:03, Ric Flair said:

I still can't get my head around what the difference was for Tete to have his contract suspended and therefore no permanent transfer can be agreed until the summer and the likes of Neres and Dodo who transferred permanently last summer from Shaktar to Benfica and Fiorentina. 

Maybe we didn't have the cash or Tete didn't want to commit to us

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

No, what I mean is, why some overseas players at Shakthar had their contracts paused and others like Neres and Dodo didn't. Those that didn't then got sold last summer.

I suppose the answer is likely to be that Shakthar were happy to try and get rid of Neres and Dodo but they want to try and hold on to Tete and Pedrinho to get as much money as possible. Weird move though with Tete as he can sign a pre-contract in June and Shakthar get nothing.

On 07/02/2023 at 11:08, Tommy G said:

Bound to be plenty of CL clubs after him, why would he stay at Leicester?!

Why didn't they go for the same deal as we went for then?  If they did, why did Tete not join these clubs over Leicester?

Surely we have to be in the box seat for a permanent transfer as he can see how much we wanted him and he knows he is going to play regularly for us in the biggest domestic league in the world.  Only 22 so has years ahead of him.

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Why didn't they go for the same deal as we went for then?  If they did, why did Tete not join these clubs over Leicester?

Surely we have to be in the box seat for a permanent transfer as he can see how much we wanted him and he knows he is going to play regularly for us in the biggest domestic league in the world.  Only 22 so has years ahead of him.

You know aswell as me - half a season in the premier league is global comparde to half a season in Ligue 1. If he performs, premier league teams bigger than us will snap him up, just a thought and definitely not a certainty

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

...I  do not think that was the question he was posing!!!

Irrespective of our our finance or Tete's preference, his contract prohibits him from permanently signing for any club, while others has permanently signed for other teams.

I would hazard a quess that there would have been a change in policy as far as Shaktar was concerned, and Tete happened to have been caught up in Shaktar new policy direction. 

7 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

They prefer to let players become proven first by clubs like us.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...