Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Add him to the sane list of flop like Under and Ghezzal. 

...I  understand the league that Ghezzal is now playing in is not the Premier league,  but he looks so good and expressive now he is where he is!!!

If we had not seen for ourselves his short comings, he would be a player we would be looking at as someone who could do a job for us.

He had the talent, just seemed to struggle with stage fright. 

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  understand the league that Ghezzal is now playing in is not the Premier league,  but he looks so good and expressive now he is where he is!!!

If we had not seen for ourselves his short comings, he would be a player we would be looking at as someone who could do a job for us.

Probably didn’t help we had fans booing him when he came off the bench. Honestly…

• Like 2

He does too much to end up nowhere.  The problem is both Castagne and Riccy, if they actually passed forward rather than back to the CB, get the ball to him too slowly. 

Like Barnes he needs to be chasing and running with the ball into space, not receiving it in our own half, facing the wrong way being marked closely. When we play fast out the back and direct, our wingers flourish but Brendan can’t have that. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I still don't think this is right and I'll be willing to die on the hill... 

The fact he held his position out wide allowed Maddison the space in the middle and therefore Barnes space on the left. 

Yeah he didn't get assists or goals, but having the mindset of a proper winger there helped with the team. 

It's been this way for ages. Even when albrighton plays. It stretches play rather than being narrow and congested in the middle.

I think Tete has a future with us, I just don't think it will be with Rodgers as manager.

• Like 2

As with most wide men , they should be able to switch so it maybe worth trying him on the left . This cutting in and shooting is a hackneyed tactic and only seems to work with Mahrez anyway. There is no way that Tete can do what he can do so forget that. I would then stick Praet on the right and give him a free role. Harvey might be out so here is an opportunity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Add him to the sane list of flop like Under and Ghezzal. 

He isn't as good as either of these lads. 

As someone else has posted, ghezzal is actually pretty gifted. He was waaaay too slow and lightweight for the PL, and unhelped by a hostile crowd who made his life difficult. 

Under was rank ordinary, but pacier then Tete and superficially seemed more tricky. He kinda looked a bit more threatening. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

As with most wide men , they should be able to switch so it maybe worth trying him on the left . This cutting in and shooting is a hackneyed tactic and only seems to work with Mahrez anyway. There is no way that Tete can do what he can do so forget that. I would then stick Praet on the right and give him a free role. Harvey might be out so here is an opportunity.

...just take a look at this player!!!

The move is not hackneyed, it is a natural move for inverted wingers. Tete's failure at this moment is down to him not taking control of his game.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

7 hours ago, shiv said:

Probably didn’t help we had fans booing him when he came off the bench. Honestly…

Probably didn’t help that my mum could beat him in a foot race.

He’s certainly underwhelmed but I still see potential in Tete - at least enough to keep selecting him on the right. He can offer a threat, and he allows Maddison to play centrally. He was starting to combine more in the 2nd half, particularly when he had the intelligence of Praet’s movement giving him an option to pass it left. He just needs to get his head round the pace and the urgency required in the Premier League. 

Dare i say it, he looks a little scared. Against Villa his first touch looked unreal, but since then he's looked unsure about what he is being asked to do. We are hardly a club oozing confidence right now, and i hope he is getting the support he needs as part of this step up.

• Like 1

For the second game running he was taken off by our elite manager just as he was starting to have a bit of an impact. He wasn't great yesterday of course but surely when you're chasing a goal you leave him on rather ending up with Praet and Maddison on the wings?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Maddison stated he was technically the most gifted at the club. I’ll never forget that performance against Everton on News Years day though. It was all levels of Soumare bad.