Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

On 12/03/2023 at 08:10, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Looked great when he arrived, can’t begin to imagine what’s happened to him since. 

He needs to adapt to the physicality of the PL. This is a tough league. Harvey has the build to stand his ground but this lad maybe not.

4 minutes ago, Miško said:

Hello, I'm an Olympique Lyonnais supporter, and, out of curiosity, I wanted to know how Tetê is doing in Leicester City. The boy is sympathetic to me, so I really hoped he would be performing well. But it seems his current form is pretty much the same than the one he was on when he left Lyon. Frankly speaking, supporters here barely even remember he was part of the team during the first part of the season...

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the end of the season and the relegation battle.

He looked like the answer to all our prayers when he made his first two appearances for us. 

Now he looks completely unable to beat a defender on the dribble and is just as lost as the rest of our squad. 

11 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He looked like the answer to all our prayers when he made his first two appearances for us. 

Now he looks completely unable to beat a defender on the dribble and is just as lost as the rest of our squad. 

He had a couple of good games with Lyon too at the beginning, but then he became a liability on his flank. No defensive work, unable to take on any opponent, and basically no positional awareness whatsoever. I was very surprised he attracted the interest of several Premier League clubs, honestly.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

What ever past history….Have patience give the lad time

His prescemce still gives ‚US‘ an advantage…

He wants the fight & to succeed, some players need time to find their club & niche.

Fans can help him, by giving all our new guys

that more support…

We the fans need those 3-4 talisman,

in this relegation battle.

We have now at our last throw of the dice,

this is alll we have….

The fans can give their all towards the players,

this is where we can turn our season…..

Expect nothing from elsewhere,   coaches / manager !!!
it’s now on the players…If Tete , or any player can deliver us 3-5 decent to high octane game….it will be from the front 6–.    :scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Much better qualities than Lookman it’s funny how barely anyone was even that bothered about signing Lookman on a permanent and now he’s doing well he was the next Mahrez

Lookman not scored since January (i think). Having a bit of a barren spell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miško said:

He had a couple of good games with Lyon too at the beginning, but then he became a liability on his flank. No defensive work, unable to take on any opponent, and basically no positional awareness whatsoever. I was very surprised he attracted the interest of several Premier League clubs, honestly.

Wow yes that’s 100% the Tete we see at Leicester. I was hoping it was just taking him time to get used the the pace and physicality of the Premier League. Sounds like we are better going back to putting Maddison on the wing and bringing Praet in as the 3rd midfielder (until Tielemans is back.) 

2 hours ago, Miško said:

No defensive work and no positional awareness whatsoever. Wow that’s definitely Tete.

15 hours ago, Buzzell said:

No defensive work and no positional awareness whatsoever. Wow that’s definitely Tete.

And youg players grow & develope..

Chilwell, Kante Leicester-Chelsea

Maddison..Norwich-Leicseter...

Stop being the typical victim of clickbait- comparisons....All stories can stick, most PL-reif, players do...even ones moving to Leicester...Unfortunately our whole squad is in a period of down form,and fighting to survive....Tete like others as just moved into the chaos...the new guys are the ones we need to over this chaotic period to help us out...

Jumping down their throats won't help.

The fans can go down with their hate, simple rant & rage thoughts...

Or give this last run into the EOS,everything to help keep these players and our club in the PL,even at such high pain levels and weak tactics & performances..

We have to try and support & encourage to squeeze those last drops out of the game selected players.

We have to be the catalyste,because no matter how hard that fight is...It won't come from manager or coaches.

.like always it's the fans interfacing with & towards the players that will keep us up,or take us down...

Not arrogant trying to be clever punditry & selfish statements...

We can all go from the basis,they have been utterly crap,with a mix of badluck,this season....

Now it's time despite that hurt & killing hope...We have to just now support the TEAM, because that's what we do best & only armour we will ever have.

Even dry wit,some Leicester positive double genre sarcasm,chants but honest less stress banter with that "support" .The Leicester terraces have got to be the noisest, supportive group of fans,from at least the bottom 10, through the EOS run in...

Put Rodgers,players history to the side... And show the footballing community   

"We are Leicester and proud...".

Plus we have king dick - now the new Roman ghost digs,who might be gladiators to call up for.....spiritual support..Never forgetting lady Jane Grey , ..de Monfort , and throw in old John.  Our foxes spirit and cunning is being called upon..

8 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I have some hopes he will adapt but if he doesn't and goes back to wherever , this forum should finally stop going on about left footed right wingers. It is way beyond tedious now.

...well you will have to put this up for a while, an inverted winger is the norm,  it balances the team!!!

This is not wishful thinking by supporters it is what we need, we are not looking for Mahrez 2.0, it is not frivolous yearnings we need someone who can stretch the play and cut in with the opportunity to supply or shoot across the keeper.

• Like 1

If we hadn’t seen with our own eyes what this this Brazilian boy did first two games then yeh I’m happy to join the chorus of boos and say he’s rubbish BUT that’s not true. We know what he can do. So the big question is why isn’t he performing every week. 
well he’s still young therefore very impressionable. He’s playing in a team low in confidence. There is massive pressure due to his brazilianess. He needs better coaching and support from Rogers. He’s in a foreign place so is still acclimating.,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

If we hadn’t seen with our own eyes what this this Brazilian boy did first two games then yeh I’m happy to join the chorus of boos and say he’s rubbish BUT that’s not true. We know what he can do. So the big question is why isn’t he performing every week. 
well he’s still young therefore very impressionable. He’s playing in a team low in confidence. There is massive pressure due to his brazilianess. He needs better coaching and support from Rogers. He’s in a foreign place so is still acclimating.,

lets not forget he doesnt speak hardly any english either, I really do think Tete will come good tbf

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

lets not forget he doesnt speak hardly any english either, I really do think Tete will come good tbf

I mean he's a third of the way through his spell here already (unless we make it permanent in the summer). I think he's a decent player weighed down by a manager who has run his course and then some, but good chance he doesn't get to come good given the short term nature of his deal

• Like 1

I think it’s clear he has the capacity to be a good player but he needs time to adapt to a massively better league than those he’s previously played in.
As with all our attacking players he is stifled by a slow playing style that always allows the opposition to reset defensively so it’s hard for them to break through. If we could try and attack quickly in transition he would be a really valuable weapon as we saw against Villa and Spurs. We may as well give him the benefit of the doubt and play him since we generally lose pathetically no matter who is on the pitch anyway. Might as well lose with a Brazilian winger on the pitch that could be capable of a moment of class. 

Granted I didn’t see him play against Chelsea but so far I’m still willing to give him time.