Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's a simplification to say 'Brendan's got a hold of him' but seeing as it's happened to just about everyone, I don't think it's unfair. There's a myriad of better reasons to sack Rodgers but we'll actually get to see what some players are truly capable of. 

From his Lyon and Shakhtar spells it's apparent he can score and create. We saw against Villa (the brief window where morale was fine) he can cut at this level - judging him under Rodgers is like treating a thoroughbred as a packhorse.

Did you not read what the Lyon poster said then?  :dunno:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 15/03/2023 at 04:57, FoxOnWheels said:

Much better qualities than Lookman it’s funny how barely anyone was even that bothered about signing Lookman on a permanent and now he’s doing well he was the next Mahrez

I don’t know about others but I did say on this forum before he left that it would be a huge mistake not to sign him up at the pre-agreed price of 12m (and I said it was bargain at the time). So no, it is not an after thought.

Also, I distinctly remember others saying the same.

But sounds like you were not one of us and you did not think Lookman was any good and so perhaps you may not have bothered about him. (But that was not the same for others.)

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I don’t know about others but I did say on this forum before he left that it would be a huge mistake not to sign him up at the pre-agreed price of 12m (and I said it was bargain at the time). So no, it is not an after thought.

Also, I distinctly remember others saying the same.

But sounds like you were not one of us and you did not think Lookman was any good and so perhaps you may not have bothered about him. (But that was not the same for others.)

I’m talking about a large portion of people we’re not too bothered about us not signing him some even saying only worth £10M maximum. Was only until we hadn’t signed anyone so late into the window most people were bothered we didn’t sign him

12 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

lets not forget he doesnt speak hardly any english either, I really do think Tete will come good tbf

...Ricardo would be his interpreter!!!

Pretty much football is the same language wherever you come from. Whatever instruction he is playing to, it is not doing his reputation any good.

Not sure if they have worked out how to play with Tete yet. It gives the opposition something else to think about and gives Barnes a bit more room. He has done several excellent cross field passes to Barnes which has led to one goal and the others Barnes didn't make the most of. It is a shame they didn't retain Lookman for whatevers reason 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Pretty much football is the same language wherever you come from. Whatever instruction he is playing to, it is not doing his reputation any good.

Clearly sthere;s a bit more to football than just screaming 'Row Z'. Soyuncu didn't start until he'd mastered the language.

45 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Clearly sthere;s a bit more to football than just screaming 'Row Z'. Soyuncu didn't start until he'd mastered the language.

...Soyuncu started due to us selling Maguire!!!

Noted that we were desperately looking around before the season started for someone to play that position. This was due to not realising that a player that was training with the rest of the squad had the quality to play in the league. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 20:10, sacreblueits442 said:

Had to check you'd not picked the press conference answer off Football Manager then

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, marbles said:

If the Lyon poster didn’t blame Brendan, then most people on here won’t care what he said

Tbf Rodgers has a say on transfers so he has to take some responsibility for buying a player that was showing worrying flaws in his game at Lyon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Tbf Rodgers has a say on transfers so he has to take some responsibility for buying a player that was showing worrying flaws in his game at Lyon. 

True, but that’s really not what I’m reading here.  I’m reading that Rodgers has already ruined him, when in fact it sounds as if he’s playing the same way he did before coming here.

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

..his performance against Villa showed he has the ability!!!

What has happened since his debut?

Has the tempo slowed where defenders are in set positions when he receives the ball and our build up does not allow him to be isolated one on one with a defender.

The other option is mentality, the issues were there at Lyon, is it a personality thing where he is introvert and becomes intimidate by his surroundings and is unable to inject his own personality on the team.

Goals would be good, but just to be able to posses a threat in his position seems to me something he can build on.

On 16/03/2023 at 21:10, sacreblueits442 said:

No..not true many clubs lose their invested talent,including managers,who have no basic command over language.

British successfull players,( including some unknown minnows) and they are  few but learnt the relevant language..

And by the way Bale spoke Spanish..

I mean fellas,how weird some so called fan-pundits are.

This guy hasn't had 6 games...working in a troubled relegation threatened squad..and this individual you find ripe for criticism,because you follow past posts from other clubs fans..

I am sorry but no exclamation marks available towards you plonkers,from the balanced side of the Forum & FFS we  are all guilty of being twats at sometime...

But this honestly takes the biscuit..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No..not true many clubs lose their invested talent,including managers,who have no basic command over language.

British successfull players,( including some unknown minnows) and they are  few but learnt the relevant language..

And by the way Bale spoke Spanish..

...so you are saying that if Rodgers instruction to Tete was to stay high up the pitch and mix his game up, by going on the outside more, Ricardo could not convey that to him!!!

I am aware Tete is taking lessons with speaking the language  but managers continually convey messages on to the pitch with hand signals.

There are untold variables within a game but positions are universal. 

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..his performance against Villa showed he has the ability!!!

What has happened since his debut?

Has the tempo slowed where defenders are in set positions when he receives the ball and our build up does not allow him to be isolated one on one with a defender.

The other option is mentality, the issues were there at Lyon, is it a personality thing where he is introvert and becomes intimidate by his surroundings and is unable to inject his own personality on the team.

Goals would be good, but just to be able to posses a threat in his position seems to me something he can build on.

I think this is the main point, much like Barnes and Vardy, they are better when chasing the ball, running in space at a retreating defence.  Since the spurs game we have gone back to the boring slow football. By the time Riccy can even attempt to pass forward, which is a rarity lately the opposition is back in formation and pressing. This ends up with Tete either losing the ball straight away on the halfway line, passing back, running into a dead end or passing to pinball bumper Nacho who currently holds onto it too long or loses it first touch. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

By the time Riccy can even attempt to pass forward, which is a rarity lately the opposition is back in formation and pressing. This ends up with Tete either losing the ball straight away on the halfway line, passing back, running into a dead end or passing to pinball bumper Nacho who currently holds onto it too long or loses it first touch. 

If that's the way to defeat Leicester then that's exactly what the opposition will do. Rodgers tactics surprise nobody . Individual players have to impose themselves or think outside the box to create openings. Tete should start using his brain.

44 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so you are saying that if Rodgers instruction to Tete was to stay high up the pitch and mix his game up, by going on the outside more, Ricardo could not convey that to him!!!

I am aware Tete is taking lessons with speaking the language  but managers continually convey messages on to the pitch with hand signals.

There are untold variables within a game but positions are universal. 

There is not the same tone, or volume,when interpreted...

Conveying,dissappintment,threat of an air-dryer, consoling..sarcasm of both bad or good,which are all part of the football-groups life can not be conveyed..

And straightforward military type,black n white instructions,just don't hold,no matter how simple they seem.

A side quip is more relevant, a sarcastic Do you understand the difference between left & right field,always obey,but do your own stuff..

No it's not that simple , emphasis through an interpretator "football-mate"

Doesn't set the need, or basic command from one manager/player to the other....

.Every language has its wit, timed snide remarks,sarcasm, for given commands, and next  instructions during game typical of every sports changing room, even the experienced local misses the point sometimes...There is not such thing as a natural  basic instruction,it will / can be taken different,from different in coming cultures..

First thing I had to learn when starting out had an instructor,both in Engineering, & then IT...

There are cultures,who want to discuss the fling point of simple (to us) Green & Red control buttons,

My German wife created a poor ruined week,because when teaching her chess she didn't want to understand why the " knight" in chess,can only move the way the instructions say...quote " it's a fking horse,they gallop where THEY want.

Besides I am a farmers girl & German,

I know what horses & knights can do'"

Wtf..:crylaugh:

Take that mentality & spread it across many cultures, and try to start to explain even the basics, because they are simply  the rules to understand just to get started...Then there are the quiet cultures who at first just do what they think...and pretend to listen...

5 Thais,5 Germans,5 Algerians,5 English,5 Brasilians will mostly understand each other,  5 minute introduction then one can begin to get job done,

Now mix them..even worse try to throw in unqualified teamate interpreter..

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

If that's the way to defeat Leicester then that's exactly what the opposition will do. Rodgers tactics surprise nobody . Individual players have to impose themselves or think outside the box to create openings. Tete should start using his brain.

If you’ve been watching is all season the opposition let us have the ball and pass it around the back, press us and we lose it, they score. You say he needs to use his brain but so many times Tete and Barnes will make a run and Mendy, KDH, Castagne and Riccy will just send it back to the cb and side to side and the space is lost, 

They are all playing Rodgersball, lots of neat little passes in tonight spaces no matter what or where on the pitch.

Our whole team is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome apart from our new Great Dane. 

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

If you’ve been watching is all season the opposition let us have the ball and pass it around the back, press us and we lose it, they score. You say he needs to use his brain but so many times Tete and Barnes will make a run and Mendy, KDH, Castagne and Riccy will just send it back to the cb and side to side and the space is lost, 

They are all playing Rodgersball, lots of neat little passes in tonight spaces no matter what or where on the pitch.

Our whole team is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome apart from our new Great Dane. 

Some wise thoughts...on our season

but Stockholm is in Sweden ,couldn't the great Dane smash through the syndicate & make us the Untouchables, at least until EOS..

Or surely it doesn't matter how the players find a togetherness St.Sy is has good as anything...Maybe Soyu didn't feel that loooove...

Who's that shadow holding me hostage?
I've been here for days
Who's this whisper telling me that I'm never gonna get away?
I know they'll be coming to find me soon
But I fear I'm getting used to being held by you..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1