Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair enough. Hyperbole got the better of me. But he was deemed surplus to requirements at a level way below ours. And came with an underwhelming reference from Lyon supporters. 

In fairness to him I think that was partly down to their new manager being partial to a back three without wingers - he's still their second top scorer now so if they thought he was shit I don't know what that says about the alternatives. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from pleased with what I've seen from him for us and his performance against Villa increasingly looks like an aberration but - and I would say the same for basically all our players - I would still like to see him in a team that hasn't had all its confidence and attacking instincts systematically crushed before making a definitive judgement. I hope for his sake and ours he and the rest of the team can use the next ten games to show us what they are actually capable of.

• Like 3

A list of the worlds top inverted wingers Mahrez , er....I am struggling. Its a very short list. We haven't got too many attacking options, so it may be worth while trying him on the left. If he shows his versatility , he may yet rescue his time with us.

27 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A list of the worlds top inverted wingers Mahrez , er....I am struggling. Its a very short list. We haven't got too many attacking options, so it may be worth while trying him on the left. If he shows his versatility , he may yet rescue his time with us.

...take a look at the continent, there are quite a few!!!

Tsygankov  was a player that I would have loved to see here, Hakim Ziyech was well sought after until he came to Chelsea. Saka for Arsenal and Kvaratskhelia are just a few of them.

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Struggling at West Brom... 

Would tete get in their team though 😅 

Ziyech really is an infuriating lightweight , hence none of Chelsea's last fifteen managers have trusted him. If Saka is still doing it in five years time , I will accept him. The Ukrainian has apparently scored only a few more goals in his entire career than Barnes has scored this season. We need versatile wide men who can play both sides , help in defense and contribute with goals and assists.Tete has to up his game considerably but he may now get that chance.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Ziyech really is an infuriating lightweight , hence none of Chelsea's last fifteen managers have trusted him. If Saka is still doing it in five years time , I will accept him. The Ukrainian has apparently scored only a few more goals in his entire career than Barnes has scored this season. We need versatile wide men who can play both sides , help in defense and contribute with goals and assists.Tete has to up his game considerably but he may now get that chance.

...Kvaratskheila total games played 148, goal contribution 76 (scored 46, assists 30)!!!

This season, games played 24, goal contribution 24 (scored 12, assists 12), 22 years old.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...Kvaratskheila total games played 148, goal contribution 76 (scored 46, assists 30)!!!

This season, games played 24, goal contribution 24 (scored 12, assists 12), 22 years old.

Kvaratskhelia is a superb player. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Kvaratskhelia is a superb player. 

The only thing I know about him is he plays for Napoli who value him at £80 million. Tete is our price range and we need to see him stepping up now Rodgers has gone. I haven't written him off like some but this is the PL and if you don't impose yourself , you will be ground into the dust.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just doesn't appear to have it. Lacks footballing intelligence imo

I don't know about that. 

That goal he scored with timing of the run and anticipating the play was a joy to behold. There's also been a few times he's switched the play to the left which has been impressive. 

I'm now hanging my hat on him being thrust into a team absolutely shot of confidence and we might now see something else from him. 

Only issue is he might now not get another chance with the return of Ricky. 

I think we can expect a little cameo tonight replacing Ricky for the last 20 mins.

He needs to perform. 

Edited by Collymore

Just now, Collymore said:

I don't know about that. 

That goal he scored with timing of the run and anticipating the play was a joy to behold. There's also been a few times he's switched the play to the left which has been impressive. 

I'm now hanging my hat on him being thrust into a team absolutely shot of confidence and we might now see something else time him. 

Only issue is he might now not get another chance with the return of Ricky. 

I think we can expect a little cameo tonight replacing Ricky for the last 20 mins.

He needs to perform. 

Hope you're right mate I really do

• Like 1