Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Most excited I’ve been about a signing since Beckford

All jokes aside, if we can get Barnes firing and back to his best, Madders on song and Vardy rolls back the years, that quartet potentially is up there with anyone in Europe. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

OK as I said last night when I confirmed it was done it's complicated.

Here goes... 

We have an OPTION to buy fee agreement in place that can be activated anytime between now and June.

If its left till after June then potentially other clubs could come in for him and/fifa will get involved and make some decisions around tbe Ukraine war with both contracted Ukraine players and international players. 

If it reaches that stage it could all get messy.

Fee paid is 3.5 million Euro presumably paid to Shakhtar who will compensate Lyon.

It's very complicated but that's it as far as I can tell. Apologies in advance if I have any of the final details wrong.

Now go ahead and slate me! 

So basically we need the war to continue?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Here goes... 

We have an OPTION to buy fee agreement in place that can be activated anytime between now and June.

If its left till after June then potentially other clubs could come in for him and/fifa will get involved and make some decisions around tbe Ukraine war with both contracted Ukraine players and international players. 

Fee paid is 3.5 million Euro presumably paid to Shakhtar who will compensate Lyon.

It's very complicated but that's it as far as I can tell. Apologies in advance if I have any of the final details wrong.

So basically if he plays well for a month and the club decided that they want to, they can activate the option (as long as the player agrees he wants to as well) and pay the £17.5mil in question?

Thanks for the updates, and no, I'd never slate you. Well, maybe a little...

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Here goes... 

If there is an option you’d presume it would be similar to the 17.5m option Lyon had 

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

It's all so very complicated and confusing I guess all the final details will come out over the next few weeks. 

I'll be honest, the way you've described it doesn't sound messy or complicated at all. Sounds like we've essentially bought the loan agreement from Lyon. If we want him then we know we can buy him. It sounds extremely simple to me.

I've no doubt the club will hide behind "the complexity" as an excuse though if/when it all goes tits up lol

If there is an option to buy, and he has been a target for 18 months plus. Why not just buy him outright?

He has done well in France so not as risky as signing direct from Ukraine.

We are told there are funds available, hopefully It means there are more incoming than just the defenders.

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I'll have my day off the day that Rodgers is no longer here to suck any more enjoyment out of the club :D

I'll give you this little bit of optimism though, it's fantastic to see us returning to the highly rated youngster model. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

If there is an option to buy, and he has been a target for 18 months plus. Why not just buy him outright?

We are told there are funds available, hopefully It means there are more incoming than just the defenders.

Don't be surprised to see another attacker targeted.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think he has suspended his contract with SD until June so cannot be bought/sold until then 

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

So basically if he plays well for a month and the club decided that they want to, they can activate the option (as long as the player agrees he wants to as well) and pay the £17.5mil in question?

Thanks for the updates, and no, I'd never slate you. Well, maybe a little...

Nail on the head  

You make a great point i was thinking. Maybe one of the reasons it's not permanent is the player may want to keep his opinions open to see what's happening  at the end of the season.

If Fifa do get involved and grant free transfers then he could have several options available all throwing money his way with no fee involved.  

I'm just guessing here. 

• Thanks 1

Bit disappointing that it's only a loan.

If we have an option to buy him that can be activated anytime before now and June why didn't we just sign him?

Rudkin and Co are bound to let this run into June before we attempt to sign him then he will end up somewhere else.

Edited by adam

2 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Out of interest thinking about a possible return to Shakhtar for him, does anyone actually know if their stadium is still standing?

Could be a factor in everything.

AFAIK they haven't played there for years (long before the war), they've been sharing Dynamo Kyiv's stadium.

Where UPL games get played right now though I'm not entirely sure whether it's all in the west of the country or if Kyiv is still used. That's what my football manager experience tells me about the former anyway

• Thanks 1