Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

Can see why Tete would want to keep his options as well. No doubt he went to Lyon thinking it was the right option, and look what has happened there. He’s still pretty young to have been dealing with so much uncertainty and so far from home. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing him get started!

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

So it seems but it doesn't stop an agreement to be put  in place to activate it at earliest possible time.

I don’t think anything can be done with his SD contract whilst it’s suspended but as you say, legally binding options can exist which the club can activate which possibly mean that the player may have already agreed that we hold all the cards re a permanent signing (subject to relegation). You would hope that we’ve been savvy enough to ensure we can’t lose him if he really is as good as ric claims ! 

9 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Out of interest thinking about a possible return to Shakhtar for him, does anyone actually know if their stadium is still standing?

Could be a factor in everything.

They've not played there since 2014 and it was quite badly damaged by shelling.

Chances are, Tete has never even been to Donetsk. 

Shakhtar have had a couple of temporary homes since 2014, in Lviv and Kharkiv.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

So it seems but it doesn't stop an agreement to be put  in place to activate it at earliest possible time.

This is the bit that worries me slightly. The Shaktar contract being suspended and FIFA holding the cards to make a decision BUT it’s the lawyer in me, I’m trained to Worry! The FM suspension can’t last forever. The termination provisions in that contract are going to be key. And the condition precedents in our agreement. 

For now though let the Brazilian run riot! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is the bit that worries me slightly. The Shaktar contract being suspended and FIFA holding the cards to make a decision BUT it’s the lawyer in me, I’m trained to Worry! The FM suspension can’t last forever. The termination provisions in that contract are going to be key. And the condition precedents in our agreement. 

For now though let the Brazilian run riot! 

The fact CAS haven't overturned anything yet seems quite interesting. I suspect the logical play is to agree to pay Shaktar a decent fee immediately after this temporary deal expires.

Have you managed to ascertain if that's possible? Neres and Dodo have both been sold last summer but they didn't suspend their contracts, surely come June though the contract theoretically isn't suspended again unless FIFA extend it and both the player/club want to do it again?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah. I am sticking with Teté then.

A proper right winger and finally a brazilian in a Leicester. Maybe, just maybe we might not be relegated after all.  

Edited by Jonezy
  • Like 2

I'll be honest this window has surprised me seems we are really going for it.

We are definitely in the market for another attacking player those negotiations are being ramped up today and if we get a CB in then it has to be a great window for us.

Leeds asking after Perez but I see it unlikely he will go anywhere unless we pay his wages unless there's a deal to be struck with something else in the pipeline.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact CAS haven't overturned anything yet seems quite interesting. I suspect the logical play is to agree to pay Shaktar a decent fee immediately after this temporary deal expires.

Have you managed to ascertain if that's possible? Neres and Dodo have both been sold last summer but they didn't suspend their contracts, surely come June though the contract theoretically isn't suspended again unless FIFA extend it and both the player/club want to do it again?

I think we’ve simply acquired an assignment of Tete’s existing deal with Shaktar. Lyon did the same. 

That deal ends as of 2023 (the long stop of the extension). The assignment continues for as long as Shaktar extend the suspension of their benefit. 

I think Shaktar took a business decision to suspend some not all of their contracts - where they felt they could generate the most income without severely depleting their squad list should the war end.

That leads to a decision come June 2023 (the long stop) and FIFA (applying in part the principles of contract law) decide on what happens next. 

IF FIFA make a decision (via tribunal method) to require Shaktar to be compensated, Tete is free to leave - the contract is either terminated on notice (ie the FM extension has expired) or frustrated (that’s an English law principle). That’s the part that worries me if he is decent. To be honest, if that applies, the club couldn’t do anything more than they have. 

Having said all that, logically, to trigger the option all Shaktar have to do is reinstate their principles before June - we trigger the option and sign him up - that is completely plausible.

I started this deal with the opinion we’ve dealt solely with Shaktar but the more it goes on, I think we’ve done all our business with Lyon and acquired their interest.

Im sad but I’d love for this deal to be reported in a law journal in a few years - interesting as ****. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I started this deal with the opinion we’ve dealt solely with Shaktar but the more it goes on, I think we’ve done all our business with Lyon and acquired their interest.

I understand we've compensated Lyon, but would that not just be via Shakhtar? Lyon were only loaning the player, so they have no prerogative or power, right?

The other stuff is very complex. Has it occurred with any other players Shakhtar have loaned/sold due to the war? Or is it more complex because we were taking him from another loan, so to speak?

I hope he hits the ground running and we can activate a clause to buy him, irrespective of what happens at the end of June 30th. That's the ideal (and selfish) scenario for us, anyway. Shakhtar (via FIFA?) still hold the cards, by the sounds of it?

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Tetê

Welcome!

Already has 6 goals and 3 assists this season, which is very promising. We've got to get behind him though, whilst we have Portuguese speakers in the squad, Brazilian Portuguese is quite different to the European version. He has already managed to settle in the Ukraine and France so adaptability should be there, but important not to get on his back right away.

The thought of him and Castagne / Ricardo operating in a tandem is very exciting. And at just 22 years of age, there is massive room for potential future growth. Perhaps the most exciting signing since Tielemans!

Hmmmm. I'm glad this is coming from you, a fella who clearly studies the game. 

I just can't see it. Something about the whole deal stinks. What do OL fans make of him? ....that's usually a good barometer. 

It probably says a lot about me, but the signature I'm waiting for is Souttar. Maguire was v v good for us and I get similar vibes for this guy. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I understand we've compensated Lyon, but would that not just be via Shakhtar? Lyon were only loaning the player, so they have no prerogative or power, right?

The other stuff is very complex. Has it occurred with any other players Shakhtar have loaned/sold due to the war? Or is it more complex because we were taking him from another loan, so to speak?

I hope he hits the ground running and we can activate a clause to buy him, irrespective of what happens at the end of June 30th. That's the ideal (and selfish) scenario for us, anyway. Shakhtar (via FIFA?) still hold the cards, by the sounds of it?

It is very complex.

In football the term loan is used but there are various ways in the contractual sense on how it works.

Tete is being paid And that obligation to pay is with someone. That someone is now us. (All assumptions) if Shaktar have triggered the FM suspension due to the war, that includes suspension of liability as well as benefit. That suspension may have been lifted on the basis that Lyon “take it over” ie assign the benefit to Lyon. 

As part of that agreement, Shaktar and Lyon have entered into an option to acquire his services on specific terms. Lyon have now assigned the entire benefit to us. 

Shaktar still own the reversionary benefit of the players registration but for this deal, they’ve done their part and Lyon have simply passed it over. We’ve paid them the consideration of £3.5m for the privilege of the loan and the option.

But Stan - I’m using assumptions and knowledge to come up with an educated guess. There are plenty of ins and outs I simply don’t know to explain the deal fully.

Let the boy be a star and we can worry about this in May (worry without reason as we can influence it lol).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'll be honest, the way you've described it doesn't sound messy or complicated at all. Sounds like we've essentially bought the loan agreement from Lyon. If we want him then we know we can buy him. It sounds extremely simple to me.

I've no doubt the club will hide behind "the complexity" as an excuse though if/when it all goes tits up lol

We just need to sell the training ground to be able to afford him.