Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

24 minutes ago, J. James said:

I hope the option side of it has been sorted out cos if he's a success here we know feckin' Chelsea will have him away with their apparently limitless budget.

Yup..

Does brilliantly..taste-buds slaverering on a great new deal,then..

Wham..!  Chelsea send in the vultures…

52 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This would be funny if it wasn’t true lol 

Surely this way is better as we can make the same decision to buy but after actually seeing how he does for a few months. 

The problem we will have if he has a good few months he won't be signing for us. Be interesting to see how he does anyway

• Like 1

Look we all know we have a decent enough team that on paper & fact should be no where near the relagation zone. We all know the reasons why we’ve been struggling. It happens to the best teams. Now this is where we change our predicament and start putting points on the table.

confidence has been fragile with our lot especially Barnes. Having both Victor and Tete in the team will fire a rocket up his bum. The boy really needs it! With madders fit too everyone will be feeling a buzz in the changing room now. Beating villa at their place will be huge but I’ll take a hard fought draw and build on that. These are promising times as we’re still gonna get another couple of players in before deadline day I feel which will be massive!

let’s ALL get behind the boys AND Rogers so we can get out of this mess and back up the league where we belong. COYF LETS GO 🦊👊🏾

• Like 1

From what l understand there was a decision that went this way:

City rep* "What position does he play"?
Agent "winger"
City rep "Hmmm is he better than Perez and Barnes"?
Agent "ummm... l dunno"
City rep " does he have a full set of legs and can he count to twelve without reference to notes"?
Agent "ahh sim,sim senhor"
City rep "we'll take him"

* can't disclose who our man is obvs.😐

1 minute ago, adam said:

The problem we will have if he has a good few months he won't be signing for us. Be interesting to see how he does anyway

Yeah but I thought we had the option between now and June. That gives us the chance to buy in March for example 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

OK as I said last night when I confirmed it was done it's complicated.

Here goes... 

We have an OPTION to buy fee agreement in place that can be activated anytime between now and June.

If its left till after June then potentially other clubs could come in for him and/fifa will get involved and make some decisions around tbe Ukraine war with both contracted Ukraine players and international players. 

If it reaches that stage it could all get messy.

Fee paid is 3.5 million Euro presumably paid to Shakhtar who will compensate Lyon.

It's very complicated but that's it as far as I can tell. Apologies in advance if I have any of the final details wrong.

Now go ahead and slate me! 

We heard you like options to buy, so we put an option in your option 😏 

Fifa will no doubt be involved and make their own rules up to suit , I guess legally this could get messy for all involved parties potentially down the line .  

So for now let's just enjoy the fact we have a Brazilian for the first time ever

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

He may only be here for 6 months but as my old friend Lord Tennyson always said

"Better to have loved and lost then never loved at all"

HIDE TETE

I'll be honest this window has surprised me seems we are really going for it.

Nope, not having that for one second. This is not my definition of really going for it

It’s pleasing, it’s in the right direction, but it completely fails to address the long term development of the squad and smells of being piecemeal measure. 

Really didn’t want to be the Matt of this thread but it looks like I’m gunna have to accept the title. Sorry. 

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Nope, not having that for one second. This is not my definition of really going for it

It’s pleasing, it’s in the right direction, but it completely fails to address the long term development of the squad and smells of being piecemeal measure. 

Really didn’t want to be the Matt of this thread but it looks like I’m gunna have to accept the title. Sorry. 

Best to assess it at the end of the window.

If we were comfortable in the table we wouldn't be spending money, it's being done because we are in trouble.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Best to assess it at the end of the window.

If we were comfortable in the table we wouldn't be spending money, it's being done because we are in trouble.

Indeed.  And much of that is our own doing.  

We're going to have to accept the fact that, regardless of whether or not Rodgers is here, the team needs a complete rebuild due to previous failings/inaction in the market.  This will likely mean a few seasons of lower half finishes to steady the boat.

I'd rather us do that in this league, than do so in the championship tbh.  The aim right now is a short term goal which is to get to 40 points in any which way possible.  That's all that matters right now.

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

Can see why Tete would want to keep his options as well. No doubt he went to Lyon thinking it was the right option, and look what has happened there. He’s still pretty young to have been dealing with so much uncertainty and so far from home. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing him get started!

.. these types of changes within clubs do happen and was obviously not forseen!!!

I would rather he had been able to sign for 5 year contract, but that option is not there, so him coming here is a win win for him.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

so we need him to be really good but not perfect. More assists than goals, keep him out of the headlights and hope that the others stay away and don’t turn his head. 

Bollocks to that, we live life on the front foot. Who cares what might happen in 6 months time, we could all have a gout pandemic and all in wheelchairs.

You never know what's round the corner, let's enjoy him right now and it'll take care of itsen.

• Like 4