Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Oh I saw it. Live and on replays.

He has absolutely no idea Faes is going to misplace the pass, and almost instantly Man Utd are on the attack. He has to be Usain Bolt to get back into position. 

Put it this way, if Faes plays the ball to Mendy, there's absolutely no danger.

Can't pin the blame on Souttar, for that goal, I'm afraid.

I think it was the lack of conviction that got me a little. Castagne was absolutely busting a gut to get back, whereas Souttar was jogging. As I said though, I guess he knew he’d score 

Faes definitely to blame but again, Ward’s positioning was very suspect 

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think it was the lack of conviction that got me a little. Castagne was absolutely busting a gut to get back, whereas Souttar was jogging. As I said though, I guess he knew he’d score 

Faes definitely to blame but again, Ward’s positioning was very suspect 

Yep. It might have been fair to blame Souttar as much as Faes if Ward had made the save and the rebound had gone to Weghorst.

The only way Souttar could have influenced that goal was by stepping out earlier and playing for offside. But... I don't think it's hindsight to say that Faes charging out to help out with the Sabitzer/Weghorn overload, but leaving Rashford a free run in behind, was a poor decision, and not one Souttar would have been expecting,

And when I say 'leaving Rashford'... this is the position at the point the ball goes past Mendy...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.afb45f6d1b7b352b06bcc883097b70f8.jpg 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Yep. It might have been fair to blame Souttar as much as Faes if Ward had made the save and the rebound had gone to Weghorn.

The only way Souttar could have influenced that goal was by stepping out earlier and playing for offside. But... I don't think it's hindsight to say that Faes charging out to help out with the Sabitzer/Weghorn overload, but leaving Rashford a free run in behind, was a poor decision, and not one Souttar would have been expecting,

And when I say 'leaving Rashford'... this is the position at the point the ball goes past Mendy...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.afb45f6d1b7b352b06bcc883097b70f8.jpg 

Who is this Weghorn of whom you speak?

Thought he was our best defender yesterday and has been very steady before, considering the step-up from the championship. Berating him for the lack of pace is a pointless exercise, like criticising a Mahrez or Tete for not being very strong, every player has different attributes. It also stinks of the twitter crowd who post edited videos of Maguire of when he has been caught out, leave this sort of nonsense to those T.V fans of the top 6, who would 'like to go for a pint with Roy' Keane, because they've seen him on Soccer Sunday and wish he was their Dad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this lad will be fine, but no world beater. I just cannot get over how much he feels like Maguire (he even looks a bit like him). Three games in and I think it has been very mixed, but you have to give recognition to the fact that our back five is disjointed. I still think that by May, we will think that he was a decent marquee signing: I do not believe that he will set the world alight and I think that he will struggle against the top players, but for where we need to be, he will be enough. 

We do need a new CB in the summer. You would imagine that Cags and probably Amartey will be off. I really want him to succeed here, but I have lost a bit of faith in Faes. He has the attributes to be a useful player for us and has put in some really strong performances in, but he is just so erratic. I hope that this will come with time as he really needs to become more composed and stop diving in.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Thought he was our best defender yesterday and has been very steady before, considering the step-up from the championship. Berating him for the lack of pace is a pointless exercise, like criticising a Mahrez or Tete for not being very strong, every player has different attributes. It also stinks of the twitter crowd who post edited videos of Maguire of when he has been caught out, leave this sort of nonsense to those T.V fans of the top 6, who would 'like to go for a pint with Roy' Keane, because they've seen him on Soccer Sunday and wish he was their Dad.

Crikey!

’Mentioning’ (who’s ‘berating’?) a CB for their lack of pace! What is the world coming to?

Isn’t ‘great in the air, looks composed on the ball, but he’s slow’ not good enough or do we have to go complete fan-boy?

😉

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

Oh I saw it. Live and on replays.

He has absolutely no idea Faes is going to misplace the pass, and almost instantly Man Utd are on the attack. He has to be Usain Bolt to get back into position. 

Put it this way, if Faes plays the ball to Mendy, there's absolutely no danger.

Can't pin the blame on Souttar, for that goal, I'm afraid.

Yeah Faes fùcks up and then ball watches instead of tracking Rashfords run.

Souttar is like, "what the fùck??"

Rashford shoots through hollowman.

On 19/02/2023 at 17:18, Col city fan said:

Watch Rashford’s first goal back. Souttar was literally ambling back with zero conviction. Tbf I guess I guess he knew Rashford was gonna score though.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt here but I think he's holding back to block a potential rebound from Weghorst. He's never catching Rashford there.