Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Looked decent today…. Very assured…. I think he may have been done for the goal, but he mops up, loses nothing in the air and looks for a progressive pass…. Seems at home at this level

He got megged which couldn't really be helped from such a close distance.

I thought Souttar was superb.

It was more Castagne who first of all gave the ball away and then watched his man make a run and he failed to track him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lee7 said:

It was more Castagne who first of all gave the ball away and then watched his man make a run and he failed to track him.

I only saw it live with no replay….    But, yes I agree…. He was excellent, I’m increasingly confident that he’s a good acquisition 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

And Tete who could have made a tackle earlier but pulled out of it.

30 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I only saw it live with no replay….    But, yes I agree…. He was excellent, I’m increasingly confident that he’s a good acquisition 

Unfortunately i had the privilege of watching it over and over again on my stream lol

Looks a smart signing. He'll rarely lose an aerial dual and can also play with his feet better than 80% of the centre backs in this league.

I'm really not seeing what everybody else is at all, he's been tore apart 1v1 every game so far. I think some are just exposing their bizarre hatred of Amartey because I've never seen Big Dan get beat 1v1 as often as Souttar has in the four games. I actually would agree with the view that 1st half he was decent, and his best for us so far....But the way he got exposed for their goal was just how he got exposed multiple times at Villa Park and Old Trafford. 

Like Vestergaard, you're never going to get rid of his obvious physical flaws. The Maguire comparisons aren't accurate either, as Maguire was pretty solid 1v1 for us in comparison. In fairness, Castagne has been woeful for months...But that works both ways, and Souttar isn't helping his team mate out either. His positioning needs improving dramatically. You can get caught out on occasion, that's fine and expected at this level. But he seems to lose every 1v1 battle, which is a huge worry, especially when compared to Kristiansen, who except for one moment when Saka left him, did a terrific job all game. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hejammy said:

Proper northerner! :clap:

Screenshot_20230310_063851_Instagram.thumb.jpg.746498c1b3b8c597e0d6c07b705444f7.jpg

He even looks like he's wearing ballet shoes. He's taking the piss out of you, Wout!

Though Wout is able to do without a hat, having evolutionary head-covering advantages.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
On 26/02/2023 at 04:16, FoxyLeon said:

I'm really not seeing what everybody else is at all, he's been tore apart 1v1 every game so far. I think some are just exposing their bizarre hatred of Amartey because I've never seen Big Dan get beat 1v1 as often as Souttar has in the four games. I actually would agree with the view that 1st half he was decent, and his best for us so far....But the way he got exposed for their goal was just how he got exposed multiple times at Villa Park and Old Trafford. 

Like Vestergaard, you're never going to get rid of his obvious physical flaws. The Maguire comparisons aren't accurate either, as Maguire was pretty solid 1v1 for us in comparison. In fairness, Castagne has been woeful for months...But that works both ways, and Souttar isn't helping his team mate out either. His positioning needs improving dramatically. You can get caught out on occasion, that's fine and expected at this level. But he seems to lose every 1v1 battle, which is a huge worry, especially when compared to Kristiansen, who except for one moment when Saka left him, did a terrific job all game. 

I have to agree with you to some extent. Amartey rarely gets beaten in a 1-1footrace.

Where Souttar is head and shoulders over Big Dan is in his positioning. Amartey’s positioning is horrendous but he’ll rarely get beaten on the deck. 
Im still not sure about Souttar. But it can’t be helping him playing alongside Faes at present who looks every bit the bomb-scare that Cags looked.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan

For anyone actually watching the game (do people on here actually watch it before commenting— genuine question), you can see our defence has been terrible today, Absolutely wide open. They’ve scored 3, had two disallowed.. and there are people posting in the match thread that Souttar has ‘looked solid’. Faes and Big Dan have been even worse FFS!

Nowt surprises me anymore though tbf.

Edited by Col city fan

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For anyone actually watching the game (do people on here actually watch it before commenting— genuine question), you can see our defence has been terrible today, Absolutely wide open. They’ve scored 3, had two disallowed.. and there are people posting in the match thread that Souttar has ‘looked solid’. Faes and Big Dan have been even worse FFS!

Nowt surprises me anymore though tbf.

Stoke don’t even miss him. Tuanzebe has slotted in effortlessly and is performing brilliantly for them.

I do think Souttar has potential to come good.. But only in a low block system, with a CB partner who doesn’t lunge in at every opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Stoke don’t even miss him. Tuanzebe has slotted in effortlessly and is performing brilliantly for them.

I do think Souttar has potential to come good.. But only in a low block system, with a CB partner who doesn’t lunge in at every opportunity. 

But his biggest error today was for their 2nd where we absolutely were playing in a low block and he just stood there completely unaware of where Havertz was as Havertz strolled by him.

I don't get it, he's made 2 or 3 **** ups already for us and doesn't get anywhere near the criticism for them as Faes or Amartey. Not saying he won't come good in the future as he's still young and learning, but when people say "he's looked solid" they must have been watching a very different player so far, because all I've seen is a defender who very much looks like he's a Championship player who's looked out of his depth so far at this level.

• Like 1