Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar

Guest Col city fan

Best game in a City shirt by a mile.

Absolute rock today, although Brentford were offensively very naive by simply lobbing high balls into the box.

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I really like him. Needs an experienced or pacey player next to him but he has so much going for him

agree worked great today he won everything in the air and Amartey won everything on the deck and his pace saved us a few times.

Needs a bit of time to fully adjust to the pace/tempi of the league as you could see from him smashing a couple of passes info midfield. But when he does, and he will, he'll be at least a decent PL player maybe something much more. Miles better than Faes sadly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

very solid partnership with Amartey, much better without headless chicken Faes next to him.

Maybe that's the instruction we need to give to Faes? I get why we are trying to have him play as an aggressive front footed defender, but it causes more trouble than it's worth.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maybe that's the instruction we need to give to Faes? I get why we are trying to have him play as an aggressive front footed defender, but it causes more trouble than it's worth.

Faes is just too slow I doubt Faes/Souttar partnership will ever work in the premier league playing a high line.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

The solution is simple. Don't play a high line.

When we went on that mini run before Christmas, we were playing a low block for the majority of the time and Faes looked like a solid defender.

A manager being paid 10m a year should realise Souttar and Faes can't play a high line and should play to their strengths instead.

Thing is, it's not even a proper high line. It's just a shambles. Always at least 1 player not doing it so that's why it's so suicidal. And very little pressing to compliment that.

Obviously a high line without the pace is a bad idea but you could actually get away with it, if the rest of the defensive set up was doing the same thing. I'm beyond embarrassed with our lack of defensive organisation. It's really not acceptable for any fully professional team.

• Like 2

Of the 47 goals conceded I wonder how many are actually directly attributed to playing a high line?

I’d struggle to think of 7-10 times where the opposition have skinned us from the halfway line to score, is all this talk of a 10m£ manager not realising playing a high line puts us in jeopardy just another clouded opinion due to a hatred of the man?

3 hours ago, Shane said:

The solution is simple. Don't play a high line.

When we went on that mini run before Christmas, we were playing a low block for the majority of the time and Faes looked like a solid defender.

A manager being paid 10m a year should realise Souttar and Faes can't play a high line and should play to their strengths instead.

he wants to take us down Mr Rodgers nothing he does makes sense, yet he still remains in his job.. he wants a pay off and is doing everything possible to get it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Of the 47 goals conceded I wonder how many are actually directly attributed to playing a high line?

I’d struggle to think of 7-10 times where the opposition have skinned us from the halfway line to score, is all this talk of a 10m£ manager not realising playing a high line puts us in jeopardy just another clouded opinion due to a hatred of the man?

Yes you would need to have a very strong anti-Rodgers bias to think that playing a high line with slow centre backs is a bad idea