Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He was easily MOTM for us today. Growing into the team more with each game.

I loved his mazy run near the end today. Thats the responsibility we need others to take on.

However he's here two months now and we still haven't worked out how to use him at attacking Corners yet. 

He has a big height advantage over most defenders but we're not using it. That's down to BR and the Coaches.

We need to utilise that advantage at Corners to improve our Goals from them. Which we're not doing at present.

it doesn’t look like we aim at him. It would be classic Brendan to use a player like souttar as a decoy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I loved his mazy run near the end today. Thats the responsibility we need others to take on.

However he's here two months now and we still haven't worked out how to use him at attacking Corners yet. 

He has a big height advantage over most defenders but we're not using it. That's down to BR and the Coaches.

We need to utilise that advantage at Corners to improve our Goals from them. Which we're not doing at present.

absolutely. This is on the coaching, how can we not use his presence in the oppositions box, even Southgate copies our age old maguire train routine

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it doesn’t look like we aim at him. It would be classic Brendan to use a player like souttar as a decoy 

This is it, We need to mix it up and do one or the other. That's aim for him directly or use him as a Decoy where he makes it known in the box I'm here to win the Ball therby drawing more attention to himself and then playing it to someone else.

He does need to get a bit more mobile in the opps box do and not be too static which he does most games.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

absolutely. This is on the coaching, how can we not use his presence in the oppositions box, even Southgate copies our age old maguire train routine

Absolutely on BR and the Coaching Staff. They should be working on it in training until he finds it natural.

23 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

as my old man says, last 10 minutes if we need a goal, why not put him upfront with a centre forward and put balls into the box

I've said the same before. I'd put him top with Kelechi in support and just let him win the Ball for others to score.

It might be old fashioned but it's still effective and has saved many a Team from defeat.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I've said the same before. I'd put him top with Kelechi in support and just let him win the Ball for others to score.

It might be old fashioned but it's still effective and has saved many a Team from defeat.

Not Rodgers style thougn is it, more like Dyche :S

9 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Of the 47 goals conceded I wonder how many are actually directly attributed to playing a high line?

I’d struggle to think of 7-10 times where the opposition have skinned us from the halfway line to score, is all this talk of a 10m£ manager not realising playing a high line puts us in jeopardy just another clouded opinion due to a hatred of the man?

I mean just in the latest losing run , Rashford at Man Utd and the Southampton goal in the defeat there. I’m sure anyone willing to analyse every goal will come up with across the season numbers.

I was thinking this re Ward, yes he’s a poor goalie and I’m glad Iverson has been brought in. However, a goalie is only the last line of defence and it can’t give you much confidence regularly been bared down on one on one with the defence no where to be seen. 

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He never really scored at Stoke. He’s admitted himself he needs to be more of a threat 

I like him. He’s an out and out defender. He knows his limitations and therefore gets rid when it needs to be. 

However Brentford are far more direct than people give them credit for. Frank I’ve nicknamed him Danish Dyche at the way they use set pieces and he moans post match in defeat. Yesterday suited Souttar

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

as my old man says, last 10 minutes if we need a goal, why not put him upfront with a centre forward and put balls into the box

Can guarantee that won’t find its way into Brendan’s notebook. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Absolutely on BR and the Coaching Staff. They should be working on it in training until he finds it natural.

Chilwell now takes consistently good and menacing corners for Chelsea. He has improved since he left us. Our inability to make a corner to descend roughly on the penalty spot is baffling. Bizarrely only Perez has managed to take a decent corner or two for us in the last year

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Chilwell now takes consistently good and menacing corners for Chelsea. He has improved since he left us. Our inability to make a corner to descend roughly on the penalty spot is baffling. Bizarrely only Perez has managed to take a decent corner or two for us in the last year

Corners and set pieces seem to have got worse in modern football. I imagine the training is all tippy tappy, to the detriment of set pieces? M’ON would be turning in his grave if he was dead.

Thought he was really good yesterday. We’ll need that commanding presence in both boxes if we are to get out of this mess.