Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

13 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Salisu will only have a year left on his contract in the summer too

Left footed, could cover left back at times, too, or play wide in a 3. Get Thomas out on loan playing consistently, without the fear that we're short of full-backs if JJ and Ricardo can't stay fit. 

• Like 1

I think KDH has the potential to be a Youri replacement. Youri currently shows more vision and confidence in games. But then you might expect that of a guy with so much experience.

KDH's left peg is underrated by most on here. With a genuine right winger to ping it out to, we will see it more and more.

Hes has some development to do, certainly, but I think he's getting better. When he broke through he seemed to be focused on running the ball up the left flank interchanging with Barnes. Now there is more variation.

It's the complete opposite development plan to Youri, who was in the Champs League at 16. But as long as he keeps adding to his game, I think we should give KDH the chance next year to be our main man.

Edited by ts_1010

7 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Left footed, could cover left back at times, too, or play wide in a 3. Get Thomas out on loan playing consistently, without the fear that we're short of full-backs if JJ and Ricardo can't stay fit. 

My Saints supporting mate thinks he’s absolutely doggo tbf. Would rather we don’t buy from them anymore 

18 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Agree with this. I’ve been impressed with what I have seen of him and think there is potential there. 

I think both Maatsen and Harwood-Bellis who are on loan at Burnley would be great for us. They fit the type of profile that Glover went for at saints too. Anel ahmedhodžić and Anthony Rouault would be my other centre back targets. 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

I think both Maatsen and Harwood-Bellis who are on loan at Burnley would be great for us. They fit the type of profile that Glover went for at saints too. Anel ahmedhodžić and Anthony Rouault would be my other centre back targets. 

Don't really need Maatsen with Kristiansen here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Caught up with Toulouse vs Rennes last night.

Zakaria Aboukhlal’s performance 🔥

He's unbelievable isn't he. Toulouse are my favourite team for scouting players to watch this season now Lorient have sadly been ripped apart.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's unbelievable isn't he. Toulouse are my favourite team for scouting players to watch this season now Lorient have sadly been ripped apart.

They're probably even more metric driven than Brentford. I've plugged it before but you'd like the Training Ground Guru podcast with Damien Comoli 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 16:51, Shane said:

Could KDH be our Tielemans replacement?

On 14/02/2023 at 21:45, ts_1010 said:

I think KDH has the potential to be a Youri replacement.

Said this in another thread this week but as long as Rodgers is the manager here, I don't see this happening. He'll want a much better ball-player than KDH in the middle of the park when Youri goes.

As good as KDH was in his energy, his closing down, etc, he was extremely poor with his passing. This is purely from memory I've not checked the stats but he must have been one of the Leicester players that gave the ball away the most? His passing was extremely poor and his one-footedness was very telling at times. Two or three times he passed it completely in to touch when trying to find Tete on the wing. 

I just can't see Rodgers tolerating that long term. As a box to box midfielder as the foil to a 'Tielemans-type' then he's great and he's hopefully got a big future here. But he's not consistent or two footed enough to replace Tielemans like-for-like (in terms of role, I'm not even expecting him to be 'as good'.)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Said this in another thread this week but as long as Rodgers is the manager here, I don't see this happening. He'll want a much better ball-player than KDH in the middle of the park when Youri goes.

As good as KDH was in his energy, his closing down, etc, he was extremely poor with his passing. This is purely from memory I've not checked the stats but he must have been one of the Leicester players that gave the ball away the most? His passing was extremely poor and his one-footedness was very telling at times. Two or three times he passed it completely in to touch when trying to find Tete on the wing. 

I just can't see Rodgers tolerating that long term. As a box to box midfielder as the foil to a 'Tielemans-type' then he's great and he's hopefully got a big future here. But he's not consistent or two footed enough to replace Tielemans like-for-like (in terms of role, I'm not even expecting him to be 'as good'.)

Completely agree and think he suffered from being on the right instead of the left. He struggled to play those balls down the line to Tete because he kept trying to use his left foot because it's his strongest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Completely agree and think he suffered from being on the right instead of the left. He struggled to play those balls down the line to Tete because he kept trying to use his left foot because it's his strongest. 

He seems to be comfortably the most one footed player in the team at the moment. 

KDH's strength when the team is in possession is his direct running in support of the attack, he's a good vertical player as an aggressive 8/box-to-box midfielder. His dribbling, carrying, combination play and shooting are typically sharp. He's a middle and final third midfielder, playing him a 6/deeper passer wastes his skillset.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Despite him missing an absolute sitter from about five yards lol his overall performance was tremendous. Scared the Rennes defence shitless on a number of occasions, loved his assist for Dallinga’s goal especially.

One of the best performances I’ve seen from a Ligue 1 winger this season.

As you’re addicted to left footed right wingers, Badredine Bouanani of Nice has showed signs of promise recently 👍🏻

• Like 1