Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Probably posted about him in here at some point but I'd be all over Viktor Gyokeres.

Mate of mine who supports them (I know) says a contract situation means they're likely to lose him in the summer for under £10mil. We could do a lot, lot worse than him. He's often retweeting fans of opposition saying he's the best striker they've come up against this season. I remember Ivan Toney having similar plaudits and I wanted us to get him a couple of years ago. There's more value to be had in the Championship than a lot of leagues.

Him and Hamer are brilliant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Probably posted about him in here at some point but I'd be all over Viktor Gyokeres.

Mate of mine who supports them (I know) says a contract situation means they're likely to lose him in the summer for under £10mil. We could do a lot, lot worse than him. He's often retweeting fans of opposition saying he's the best striker they've come up against this season. I remember Ivan Toney having similar plaudits and I wanted us to get him a couple of years ago. There's more value to be had in the Championship than a lot of leagues.

Rejigging wingers and CMs in the summer is obvious, but definitely also need some fresh air upfront and will need to make hard decisions about Vardy/Kel/Daka. Would have Viktor here defo.

Given we're vaguely 'too good to go down' in the eyes of others we should be lining up precontracts from B and C tier European leagues to make use of our current PL status.

There'll be low risk, high potential players in Ligue 2, Serie B, Denmark, Serbia etc. Work permits might be an issue but other clubs seem to manage.

15 hours ago, Dusty said:

Could do a lot better too.

Of course we could, but Barca knocked back our approaches for Pedri and Gavi.

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Had mentioned Gyokeres a few years back, when probably he wasn't ready for us, he's more clinical now and coupled with our downturn, should be on our radar.

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's a fantastic player and too good for the championship.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

His mentality is also another good attribute. He isn’t soft and frail like some of the dross we’ve got in our squad. He’s very confident and backs himself to play at the highest level.

Edited by Shane