Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are not buying a two footed striker and sending him to Leuven when we need one ourselves!!!

What he means is, rather than the likes of Genk sign players like this for €3m, we could use our links to Leuven and sign players who wouldn't get a work permit yet for us and let them develop at Leuven for a year until they rack up enough points to pass the criteria.

This lad looks like he's going to progress very quickly. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What he means is, rather than the likes of Genk sign players like this for €3m, we could use our links to Leuven and sign players who wouldn't get a work permit yet for us and let them develop at Leuven for a year until they rack up enough points to pass the criteria.

This lad looks like he's going to progress very quickly. 

Yep that was it, should've clarified, we should've bought him from Stabaek (where he also scored loads) rather than Genk buy him - you'd be looking at £20mil or so now I reckon and what did they get him for? A quarter of that maximum.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 18:20, sacreblueits442 said:

...sort of style of play to suit Daka!!!

Unbelievable. He takes the shot first time instead of passing or taking 2 touches and letting the defenders set up.

19 hours ago, Sly said:

Apparently we’re considering Oxlaide Chamberline. Largely depends on which division we’re in. Can cover multiple positions. 

That’s the golf course well in use then. Ffs. 

We need a goalkeeper, a class centre half , two class midfielders who can hold the ball and know how to play forwards not backwards , and a gun centre forward. I could think of of 8-9 players that will leave or we should show them the door 🚪 

15 hours ago, Sly said:

Harry Maguire anyone? :ph34r:

Hear me out but I think he’d be a good signing if we’re looking at a rebuild. Knows the club, leadership experience (which by God we lack), and would be an upgrade on what we have although Souttar and Maguire would be a bit slow. I notice Lindelof is up for sale too. 

39 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hear me out but I think he’d be a good signing if we’re looking at a rebuild. Knows the club, leadership experience (which by God we lack), and would be an upgrade on what we have although Souttar and Maguire would be a bit slow. I notice Lindelof is up for sale too. 

He’d cost too much, and like you say, him and Souttar is too slow. If we didn’t have Souttar, and Maguire wasn’t on the wages he is on, then yeah I’d welcome him back, too.