Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Hear me out but I think he’d be a good signing if we’re looking at a rebuild. Knows the club, leadership experience (which by God we lack), and would be an upgrade on what we have although Souttar and Maguire would be a bit slow. I notice Lindelof is up for sale too. 

Omg Souttar and Maguire at the back, we’d play like a posh tony pulis stoke team!

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I like the look of him, Very strong and physical, Everything Tete isn't.

...plays in Madueke's position, strange that we are misfiring with our Right Wingers and PSV had two quality players up there sleeves!!!

I would very much want to bring him here now, he loves to attack, has a good touch, when he pushes the ball ahead of the defender it is such a soft touch it has little danger of going away from him.

The crosses he puts in where the ball is bending in to the far post, the keeper can't come for it and if you follow the ball in it is a free header.

It really is his approach to the game that makes him so exciting.

Tete needs to take a look at this player. Admittedly it is another league and there will be some difference to playing in the Premier league,  but it is his application and willingness to back himself  that sets them apart. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, indierich06 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-leeds-united-equation-four-minute-hat-trick-scorer-leicester-city-watch-gift-orban

Might already be in here, but we've been linked with this young Nigerian striker from Gent. Would be a very 'us' signing.

You’ve got to love this article lol (only read the first paragraph) had to stop after the bit where it says teamtalk has been told by respected journalist Ben Jacobs… then you look who wrote the article lol 

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

You’ve got to love this article lol (only read the first paragraph) had to stop after the bit where it says teamtalk has been told by respected journalist Ben Jacobs… then you look who wrote the article lol 

...would take him now!!!

I would suspect he would have garnered enough points to get a permit to come to us.

This type of talent is worth taking a chance on.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would take him now!!!

I would suspect he would have garnered enough points to get a permit to come to us.

This type of talent is worth taking a chance on.

Oh for sure I just found it funny that b tech Indy kalia Ben Jacobs is writing articles in which he name drops himself as the source as well as a respected journalist lol 

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2023 at 04:15, Shane said:

Johan Bakayoko (left footed winger!!) is having a good season for PSV. 8 goal contributions in 15 games.

Came in for Belgium against Sweden and made the defense look foolish. We need to snap him up ASAP if we want to have any hope of getting him.

• Like 1

if we stay up, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try to loan madueke from chelsea. I highly doubt they’ll view us as competition any more and I can’t see him breaking their 11 by next season. it’s likely they will want to get some players out on loan so maybe he will be one of them. 

they will also be the club to target for u21 signings. With their new approach of signing all the best young talent on huge deals that’s going to significantly block the path for their own youth graduates. So let’s be the club to take advantage of that.  That was glovers approach with the man city youth so it could be seen again here 

Edited by Lambert09

The head of recruitment overseeing Southampton's summer window was Joe Shields (who formerly worked at Man City's academy, unsurprisingly, and has since gone to Chelsea), not Glover. Probably not a coincidence that Southampton spent the summer bringing in young players and then Chelsea did likewise in January after poaching Shields.

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Lunin at Real Madrid wants a no 1 role. We were linked a very long time ago 

Was meant to be the next big thing (GK wise) when he went there if I recall. Have never seen him play so no idea what’s he’s like now.

I’m sure Ric will have a view!

Let’s hope our scouting network are watching plenty of other clubs’ U21 games so we can identify the players that premiership clubs might be willing to loan us next season so we can consolidate our position in the championship