Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

The usual suspects will bore us shitless I suppose with their youtube geniuses. We will get bombarded with useless stats. Thing is we have a squad full of expensive average players and we don't want anymore. Players who genuinely make a difference are becoming extremely rare and we are not in a position to gamble.. Rodgers complained about lack of investment but Chelsea threw money about and Potter still got the sack. This division makes idiots of those who think this or that player will change everything.

Bit of fun. Potential championship line up under Jesse:

Iverson

ricardo Nelson Souttar VK

Braybrooke new CDM

New RM  New CAM Barnes

Daka 

if Ricardo goes + Castagne I’d like Patris from Leuven, if Barnes goes I’d try for Tresor if attainable whilst a CDM, RM and CAM I feel we could find from the Austrian Bundesliga, Belgian league and leagues of that ilk where perhaps we can be seen as an attractive club for players wanting to perhaps potentially in the following season play in the prem. 

Steve Walsh (Scout) - Brilliant at finding talent.

Kasper Schmeichel (GK) - Bringing experience and much needed Leadership.

Potential Talent:

Reiss Nelson (RW)  - Great Impact Player probably looking for more minutes.

James Trafford (GK) - A Rising Star in the making 

Mike Trésor (CAM) - From Genk, young decent stats - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mike-tresor/profil/spieler/381963

Rayan Philippe (LW/RW) - From Hesperange young, cheap and worth the gamble even if does not work out loan to OHL first to prepare for Top league football as backup for Barnes also is Left footed.

Rayan Philippe stats - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rayan-philippe/profil/spieler/694507

Well this thread has changed a little now hasn't it!

Love @moore_94 shouts of Piroe and Hamer. I'm a big fan of the latter.

We should be going in strong for Scott and Gyok but think they go to the prem next year. 

I also think we need some real experience and championship know-how. Not going yo be the most glamorous shout but Shane Duffy at Fulham would give us that as a centre back option.

Lewis O'brien from Forest would be another I'd look to bring in too.

Edited by LVFox
Saved too early
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Well this thread has changed a little now hasn't it!

Love @moore_94 shouts of Piroe and Hamer. I'm a big fan of the latter.

We should be going in strong for Scott and Gyok but think they go to the prem next year. 

I also think we need some real experience and championship know-how. Not going yo be the most glamorous shout but Shane Duffy at Fulham would give us that as a centre back option.

Lewis O'brien from Forest would be another I'd look to bring in too.

Shane Duffy and Lewis O'Brien please no

Also worth noting that West Brom are financially in the mud. Darryl Dike would be a great option up top.

Marsch ball - High press - Dike up top with Piroe just in behind.

#IBelieveThatWeWillWin

• Haha 2

Some cheap options if we’re relegated:

RB: Conor Bradley - Must buy.

CB: Pontus Jansson (Free) - Experienced, might want regular game time. 

CB: Andersen (2m) - Barnsley captain, could link up well with Iversen & VK.

CB: Pfieffer (Free) - Will probably join a Bundesliga club, but still a viable option.

CM: Zidane Iqbal (Loan)

RW: Bouanani (Loan) - 18 year old left footed Algerian :ph34r:.  3 assists for OGC Nice this season but struggling for game time and might want to leave.

CAM: Masaya Okugawa (3m) - We might have scouted him when he played with Daka at Salzburg.

LW: Elanga (Loan)

ST: El Idrissy (Free) - 7 goal contributions in Ligue 1 this season for 19th placed Ajaccio. 90th+ percentile for tackles & interceptions, 87th percentile for Aerial duels.

• Like 1

James Garner from Everton if we go down.

We know that move hasn't worked for him, and he would be one of the better midfielders in the championship. Young enough for it to work for him in the prem with us later on too, a little like when we bought in Drinkwater.

On 08/04/2023 at 21:47, moore_94 said:

Gustavo Hamer - 25 year old DM for Cov

Joel Piroe - 23 year old Striker at Swansea

Both will only have 12 months left on their contracts in the summer

A couple more we should look at in the Championship

Rob Atkinson - 24 year old centre back at Bristol City

Ilias Chair - 25 year old attacking mid / winger / plays anywhere forward at QPR - could be even cheaper if they go down

Edited by moore_94