Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

On 08/04/2023 at 11:10, lcfc sheff said:

Bit of fun. Potential championship line up under Jesse:

Iverson

ricardo Nelson Souttar VK

Braybrooke new CDM

New RM  New CAM Barnes

Daka 

if Ricardo goes + Castagne I’d like Patris from Leuven, if Barnes goes I’d try for Tresor if attainable whilst a CDM, RM and CAM I feel we could find from the Austrian Bundesliga, Belgian league and leagues of that ilk where perhaps we can be seen as an attractive club for players wanting to perhaps potentially in the following season play in the prem. 

....lots of good quality in the Jupiler League, we should be aware of what is on offer there!!!

We may scout well, but are we brave enough to back the players that they recommend?

• Like 1

Linked to Folarin Balogun along with Everton, Wolves, Palace, Brentford from the Prem & AC Milan, RB Leipzig, Eintracht Frankfurt, Union Berlin, Marseille, Nice, Lyon, Lille, Villarreal and Sevilla in Europe but could also stay at Arsenal (although unlikely)
He would be a great signing, would be around the £30m mark but with all those European teams after him i don't see him choosing any of those Premier Lge options.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Linked to Folarin Balogun along with Everton, Wolves, Palace, Brentford from the Prem & AC Milan, RB Leipzig, Eintracht Frankfurt, Union Berlin, Marseille, Nice, Lyon, Lille, Villarreal and Sevilla in Europe but could also stay at Arsenal (although unlikely)
He would be a great signing, would be around the £30m mark but with all those European teams after him i don't see him choosing any of those Premier Lge options.

...on loan at the moment and you know who is managing him!!!

He looks like he can occupy the opponents backline and does not get bullied, he seems to be the one doing the bullying. 

He can use both feet, got pace and just wants to score.

By the way Will Still is currently his manager at Stade Reims.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 15:42, sacreblueits442 said:

...on loan at the moment and you know who is managing him!!!

He looks like he can occupy the opponents backline and does not get bullied, he seems to be the one doing the bullying. 

He can use both feet, got pace and just wants to score.

By the way Will Still is currently his manager at Stade Reims.

Who's Will Still? I haven't heard of him

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Surely this summer is going to see the biggest upheaval in City’s squad in years. God knows what will happen if we do go down.

Even if we avoid relegation (which I think we will personally), we’ll lose Madders, Tielemans, Cags, possibly Barnes will generate interest.

I think we’ll re-sign Mendy and probs even Amartey on shorter deals. 
We’ll have to look at some free transfers ourselves I expect. 

I know this person comes up every summer and is usually laughed about but I will always wonder. 

Adama Traore is out of contract and doesn’t want to re-sign because of a lack of game time. 

I know he’s far from perfect but he also feels like the type of player we are lacking. 

My thought process has always been that if a team was bringing him in to take players away from other key areas… he would be a success.  He’s never going to be reliable for goals and assists but what his presence does, is allow for people like nacho,daka,  barnes and maddison to do what they do. 

I just think that he consistently drives you up to the pitch to the final 1/3. He takes at least 2 players out of the game as nobody leaves him 1 vs one and yes you’ll get a few shanks out of play but overall we’d be harder to play against. 

I just wonder if for free, he could become a very shrewd acquisition.  when jiminez was in his prime, traore worked… it was the perfect foil for him, but wolves have been blunt and negative in the last few years and I don’t think they’ve used him as effectively as they could have. I’d be interested to hear @TheBear take on him. 

I do sometimes look back and think, just maybe we should have not let schlupp leave. Not because of his quality but because he did have those physical attributes that we often lack. Bringing schlupp off the bench used to be very effective even though he was a wild card. 

One last thought, recently against the top 6 clubs we’ve struggled more than our  rivals. I believe this is down to us not having this type of outlet. i’m all for a low block snatch and grab but we don’t have the players to execute it as we dont currently have the players to transition quickly. Every top club has to be on their toes with traore because if he breaks he can take on 4 players by himself. It relives the pressure on your defenders and actually moves you into an area where you might sneak a freekick or get some type of effort on goal. It would actually give us a chance to sneak something 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Future Fox said:

Thoughts on Sheraldo Becker? Been watching him for a while now.

Seen him live a few times as I'm living in Berlin. He's a good player (and insanely fast in person), but he hasn't been scoring as much as I'd like a forward to score for us, and I think Union's system makes very fine (6-7/10) players look much better than they are. For the right price, maybe, but I'm not chomping the bit to get him in.

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I know this person comes up every summer and is usually laughed about but I will always wonder. 

Adama Traore is out of contract and doesn’t want to re-sign because of a lack of game time. 

I know he’s far from perfect but he also feels like the type of player we are lacking. 

My thought process has always been that if a team was bringing him in to take players away from other key areas… he would be a success.  He’s never going to be reliable for goals and assists but what his presence does, is allow for people like nacho,daka,  barnes and maddison to do what they do. 

I just think that he consistently drives you up to the pitch to the final 1/3. He takes at least 2 players out of the game as nobody leaves him 1 vs one and yes you’ll get a few shanks out of play but overall we’d be harder to play against. 

I just wonder if for free, he could become a very shrewd acquisition.  when jiminez was in his prime, traore worked… it was the perfect foil for him, but wolves have been blunt and negative in the last few years and I don’t think they’ve used him as effectively as they could have. I’d be interested to hear @TheBear take on him. 

I do sometimes look back and think, just maybe we should have not let schlupp leave. Not because of his quality but because he did have those physical attributes that we often lack. Bringing schlupp off the bench used to be very effective even though he was a wild card. 

One last thought, recently against the top 6 clubs we’ve struggled more than our  rivals. I believe this is down to us not having this type of outlet. i’m all for a low block snatch and grab but we don’t have the players to execute it as we dont currently have the players to transition quickly. Every top club has to be on their toes with traore because if he breaks he can take on 4 players by himself. It relives the pressure on your defenders and actually moves you into an area where you might sneak a freekick or get some type of effort on goal. It would actually give us a chance to sneak something 

He would be better than everyone else we've tried on the right. You know you're getting absolute maximum 10 goal contributions from him a season though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He would be better than everyone else we've tried on the right. You know you're getting absolute maximum 10 goal contributions from him a season though.

Trouble with Traore is he’s immense on the ball a big lad not easily pushed off the ball and wing but he can’t finish wonder what his ratio runs to goal are at times, friend who is a huge wolves fan follows home and away says he’s a quality player but his end product lacks if he had the end product following a devastating run he’d be a top player in a top club !

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Trouble with Traore is he’s immense on the ball a big lad not easily pushed off the ball and wing but he can’t finish wonder what his ratio runs to goal are at times, friend who is a huge wolves fan follows home and away says he’s a quality player but his end product lacks if he had the end product following a devastating run he’d be a top player in a top club !

Yeah but we have other finishers in the club. Thats almost not what we need on the other wing.  I feel like we would actually be a perfect fit for him. Whereas stick him at chelsea and it would be a disaster. 

We have very good technicians and our biggest weakness is the transition, we crave a ball carrier other than maddison. I think as a fan base we would absolutely adore him even with the fluffed chances.  I mean we had Perez starting not so long ago and he basically had Traore's end product without any of the positive attributes, 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Club have been having talks with the representatives of FC Koln keeper Timo Horn, multiple GK's on the clubs shortlist for the summer :thumbup: 

Obviously depends on which division we are in. 

Would he be our Premier League option or our Championship option?

36 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Club have been having talks with the representatives of FC Koln keeper Timo Horn, multiple GK's on the clubs shortlist for the summer :thumbup: 

Barely played since being replaced midway through the 21/22 season… 29 years old… yup seems like an Us type signing now a days!

59 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Would rather start Iversen

• Like 2