Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Club have been having talks with the representatives of FC Koln keeper Timo Horn, multiple GK's on the clubs shortlist for the summer :thumbup: 

Obviously depends on which division we are in. 

Might have been a good one to look at a couple of years ago but not anymore, firmly 2nd choice at Koln

Might be okay to pick up as a back up keeper if we stay up as he will be free, not sure he would come to the Championship if we went down

Hopefully we are still looking at Lafont if we stay up, could be even cheaper if Nantes get relegated

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Club have been having talks with the representatives of FC Koln keeper Timo Horn, multiple GK's on the clubs shortlist for the summer :thumbup: 

Obviously depends on which division we are in. 

...this club just keeps on bringing in keepers, it is obvious they have no idea what a good one looks like!!!

There has been a conveyor belt of them, and none of them looks competent.

1 hour ago, BenTayfour said:

My rebuild.

Coventry stays in the champ.

Nantes, Soton, Leeds relegated.

Might sniff on some other PL club cast offs.

Chelsea Loan :Pulisic, Ziyech, Chalobah, Madueke...

Wolves: Ait-nouri, Neto, Hwang...

WestHam: Benrahma, 

LINEUP111682646754447.png

Assuming we stay up, there's surely no need to replace Barnes...

3 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

My rebuild.

Very doubt we sign ten first team players. I can imagine about 5 players that’ll still be in the starting eleven next season.

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Like 1

Southampton fans now sound rather disappointed with their recruitments during Glover's time, their keeper Bazunu for example has been worse statistically than Danny Ward!

Are we not concerned at the moment given our immediate situation or are we pleased considering the January signings?

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Southampton fans now sound rather disappointed with their recruitments during Glover's time, their keeper Bazunu for example has been worse statistically than Danny Ward!

Are we not concerned at the moment given our immediate situation or are we pleased considering the January signings?

Hard to say for sure really. Southamptons owners are awful, and they don’t like spending a lot of money. Glovers strategy was pretty clear, buy young players to hopefully sell for profit down the line. And there’s definitely some good players he brought in with Bella-Kotchapp and Lavia. Bazunu has been really poor this season, but he’s also the youngest keeper in the league. A year of championship football is probably what he needs in all honesty. But he also signed a few players that haven’t made any impact at all. 

4 hours ago, Jaspa said:

The Man City guys (Bazunu, Lavia) came over with their new recruitment guy - not Glover.

• Like 1

Horn's fbref profile is concerning - consistently below average shot stopping, and now apparently 2nd choice at Koln. I think with the likely overhaul we're having goalkeeper's slipped quite a bit down the priority list - basically I don't think Horn appears to be any better than Iversen.

16 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

My rebuild.

I’ll have some of what you are on please.

15 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Could see us going back in for Charles De Ketelaere, maybe a similar loan to Youri's from Monaco.

Like Youri, obviously talented but the move out of Belgium just hasn't worked for him.

...at £27m (Transfer Market) it would be a bit pricey but he would be our striker who can play a withdrawn role!!!

We put a lot of crosses into the opponent's box, yet we do not have a recognised player who is proficient with getting on the end of them. An intelligent player who is tall but good on the ground, we missed a good opportunity to bring him in when we had the chance.

A year at AC Milan and being played as an attacking Midfielder, is just not where he should be playing, the second striker maybe, but ideally in a front three as the #9.

Think we should try to snag Brereton-Diaz from Blackburn to boost our attacking options. Then again, I'm basing that purely on vibes and the fact he looks like George Best and Ben Foster had a baby. lol

19 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Think we should try to snag Brereton-Diaz from Blackburn to boost our attacking options. Then again, I'm basing that purely on vibes and the fact he looks like George Best and Ben Foster had a baby. lol

I think we should go for Macaulay Langstaff from Notts County definitely has the Jamie Vardy vibe to him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

I see that Dean Henderson wants  to leave Manchester United permanently…

Hmm wages? He does need to cut ties with Man Utd and find a permanent home, like Kasper did with us. He’s been out on loan or back up the whole time and he’s coming to his peak if not there already!

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Hmm wages? He does need to cut ties with Man Utd and find a permanent home, like Kasper did with us. He’s been out on loan or back up the whole time and he’s coming to his peak if not there already!

...wasting his life away!!!

All very well picking up the cheque every month  but every season is one year less in his career as a backup keeper, for a player who says he is leaving every season.

If we need solidity at the back, this might just be the start that we need to make a strong defence. Keepers do tend to go on later in their careers than outfield players. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Is Henderson really that good? 

Good question,  also think the price would need factoring in.  If he's free, he's that good. Whatever he costs above that needs to be decided if he's x amount better than Iversen.

15 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I believe Diaz is going Villareal in the summer, pre agreed contract like Cags.

On 29/04/2023 at 18:41, LVFox said:

Could see us going back in for Charles De Ketelaere, maybe a similar loan to Youri's from Monaco.

Like Youri, obviously talented but the move out of Belgium just hasn't worked for him.

Links suggesting AC want to do a swap deal with West Ham for Scamacca