Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

12 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Is Henderson really that good? I know he's been injured and displaced by Navas, but I don't think he's exactly pulled up any trees at Forest.

Far more proven than anything we currently have at the club

• Like 2

An ideal transfer window for me would be:

Out:

Maddison - 55-65m

Barnes - 40-45m

In:

Patino - 25m

Mcatee - 25m

Cole palmer - 35-40m

Daka

Mcatee iheanacho palmer

Soumare Patino

Kristiansen Faes Souttar castagne/ pereira

Iverson

Fofana money is apparently only coming in this summer as well, so we could have a decent wedge going into the winter transfer window to upgrade the defence if it doesnt work out.

27 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Out:

Maddison - 55-65m

Barnes - 40-45m

In:

Patino - 25m

Mcatee - 25m

Cole palmer - 35-40m

Daka

Mcatee iheanacho palmer

Soumare Patino

Iverson

Fofana money is apparently only coming in this summer as well, so we could have a decent wedge going into the winter transfer window to upgrade the defence if it doesnt work out.

That's a hell of a lot of money for players who haven't proven themselves. But I do like the idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a hell of a lot of money for players who haven't proven themselves. But I do like the idea.

For me Mcatee is a young Grealish, one season in the PL and he's instantly a 50 mil+ player. He's been succesful at Sheffield United this season as well. 25 mil would be ridiculously good business.

Palmer and Patino I can understand as 40 mil for a player struggling to impress at Man city and 25 mil for a player who's been relegated from the championship seems a bit costly on paper. Palmer ive highly rated since the community shield game and Pep seems to rate him as well so it would have to take a decent amount to convince Man city to let him go.

Patino for me is similar to Tielemans in that he didnt massively succeed at the club he's at but you can just tell that he oozes talent, 25 mil would look like a steal in a years time if we got him.

46 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

For me Mcatee is a young Grealish, one season in the PL and he's instantly a 50 mil+ player. He's been succesful at Sheffield United this season as well. 25 mil would be ridiculously good business.

Palmer and Patino I can understand as 40 mil for a player struggling to impress at Man city and 25 mil for a player who's been relegated from the championship seems a bit costly on paper. Palmer ive highly rated since the community shield game and Pep seems to rate him as well so it would have to take a decent amount to convince Man city to let him go.

Patino for me is similar to Tielemans in that he didnt massively succeed at the club he's at but you can just tell that he oozes talent, 25 mil would look like a steal in a years time if we got him.

I also rate McAtee very highly and we wanted him before he signed a new deal at Man City. I think the only way we'd get him for £25m is with a buy back clause of less than double that. Alex Scott is of similar profile (less goals threat currently) and possibly easier to sign.

In regards to Patino, here's my mates take on him who's a Blackpool season ticket holder when I asked him if he was ready for the PL....

No mate. 

Got the dark arts down to a tee . Knows how to make a 50/50 challenge look like he has been pole axed. So wins free kicks . Does read the game well and gets his fair share of interceptions. 

Tidy on the ball , great on the half turn. Seems to love this chip pass which can be predictable.

Lack Raw pace let’s him down and stamina issues seems to fade after 60mins.

So for me can’t play in a 2 had to be a 3 midfield.

But I still love him and always will. He always had time for fans and local supporters bar . 

Best chant we have had for years and PNE goal and celebrating in front of them has made him a bit of legend.

Is he as good as KDH?

That’s a really hard question . Think KDH has way better stamina and maybe better acceleration on the ball .

He could get close to KDH in 18/24 months. 

Patino has so much heart and effort thou . If he doesn’t make it , it won’t be from lack of working hard on and off the pitch .

Stamina and getting knocked of the ball to easy at times worry’s me .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I also rate McAtee very highly and we wanted him before he signed a new deal at Man City. I think the only way we'd get him for £25m is with a buy back clause of less than double that. Alex Scott is of similar profile (less goals threat currently) and possibly easier to sign.

In regards to Patino, here's my mates take on him who's a Blackpool season ticket holder when I asked him if he was ready for the PL....

No mate. 

Got the dark arts down to a tee . Knows how to make a 50/50 challenge look like he has been pole axed. So wins free kicks . Does read the game well and gets his fair share of interceptions. 

Tidy on the ball , great on the half turn. Seems to love this chip pass which can be predictable.

Lack Raw pace let’s him down and stamina issues seems to fade after 60mins.

So for me can’t play in a 2 had to be a 3 midfield.

But I still love him and always will. He always had time for fans and local supporters bar . 

Best chant we have had for years and PNE goal and celebrating in front of them has made him a bit of legend.

Is he as good as KDH?

That’s a really hard question . Think KDH has way better stamina and maybe better acceleration on the ball .

He could get close to KDH in 18/24 months. 

Patino has so much heart and effort thou . If he doesn’t make it , it won’t be from lack of working hard on and off the pitch .

Stamina and getting knocked of the ball to easy at times worry’s me .

Fair enough, I also rate Dewsbury Hall quite highly, his workrate and ability to be in the right place at the right time defensively is underrated amongst our fans.

Obviously your Blackpool mate has seen more of Patino but I think that Dewsbury Hall's athleticism is more suited to excelling at a lower league level where the game is more hectic and there are more mistakes to anticipate and capatilalise on. Whereas Patino's close control and line breaking passing might be more suited to the PL where mistakes on the ball are punished more often and defenses need pin point passing to be unlocked.

Although I think with Rodgers gone Dewsbury hall will hopefully return to his form from when he first broke through for us as I dont think the slow passing game suited him.

For Patino with 5 subs available the 60 minute thing shouldnt be an issue as he could easily rotate with Dewsbury Hall .

Just my two cents but if I'm being honest I've only just heard of Patino today from the news he was going to leave Arsenal. From his highlights I thought he looked like a seriously gifted player though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Out:

Maddison - 55-65m

Barnes - 40-45m

In:

Patino - 25m

Mcatee - 25m

Cole palmer - 35-40m

Daka

Mcatee iheanacho palmer

Soumare Patino

Iverson

In theory, I like this but it’s kind of what Southampton did this summer and it didn’t turn out great for them.

3 hours ago, Phenom said:

In theory, I like this but it’s kind of what Southampton did this summer and it didn’t turn out great for them.

Yh, having seen reviews on Patino he might not be as good as his highlights suggest, definitely not 25m. I think Mcatee and Palmer are both a level or two above the likes of Lavia in their respective positions.

Patino is a great shout.

I'd be more tempted for a loan if we go down. Can imagine Arsenal would want a high fee at this stage but we would be the perfect club for him to spend another year at and maybe we then put ourselves in pole position for a permanent move

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

For me, if you're paying £25mill for players from the championship you need to be getting the best performing players in that season, and he's not that is he?

Yh, I think 5 mil is closer to his value after reading some reviews from Blackpool, still has quite a high ceiling

33 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Patino is a great shout.

I'd be more tempted for a loan if we go down. Can imagine Arsenal would want a high fee at this stage but we would be the perfect club for him to spend another year at and maybe we then put ourselves in pole position for a permanent move

Scrap this, just seen he wants a permanent move so Arsenal will likely let him leave for a decent fee. 10-15 should do it.

Potentially pessimistic, but thinking if we go down. Maddison, Barnes, Kelechi, Ndidi, Soumare, Praet & Castagne go (along with all contracts running out). That should easily bring 100m in.

We will have no wingers left (apart from Albrighton), and KDH & Choudhury as our CMs, but I think we would suit 5-3-2 with some sensible transfers.

Bring in Ronnie Edwards from P'boro. Patino from Arsenal, Chair from QPR & Piroe from Swansea.

Iversen

Edwards Souttar Faes

Justin/Ricardo                               Thomas/Kristiansen

Patino KDH

Chair

Piroe          Daka

Squad wise, I'd be looking at Chukwuemeka on loan from Chelsea, another CB (Vestegaard and Nelson to also be in the squad), and experienced head in midfield (Will Hughes??).

The more I think about the potential reset, the more I get calmer about relegation....I'm just not letting my brain know Rudkin is in charge of it.

Regardless of whether we go or not, the likely departures are:

1. Ward - told to find a new club or remain backup which he will reject
  2. Soyuncu - definitely gone
  3. Amartey - definitely gone
  4. Pereira - must be sold, cannot afford to nurse him back again, he'll want a new start too
  5. Justin - likely sold, as with Ricardo - arguably has more value if he can show glimpse of form again depends on his ambition
  6. Evans - coaching role may not be enough for him, plenty of other prem teams will take a punt on him
  7. Vestergaard - definitely gone
  8. Betrand - definitely gone
  9. Tielemans - definitely gone
  10. Maddison - definitely gone
  11. Barnes - only valuable asset - must be sold to rebuild
  12. Mendy - still has value - likely sold if relegated
  13. Praet - had enough, last year of contract, must be sold
  14. Ihaenacho - rumours started, head turned, likely requests a move (and earned it tbh)

At that point we have the spine of a new team to either get promoted back to the Premier league :cry: or enough to sustain a decent relegation fight next year to allow consolidation (like Palace).

1. Iverson
  2. Faes (has Euro ambitions, may force a move)
  3. Souttar
  4. Kristiansen
  5. Thomas
  6. KDH
  7. Ndidi
  8. Daka
  9. Vardy

Whoever is appointed must surely be another 'project' manager like Rodgers, but perhaps not as dull. Perfect for a Puel/Potter type process driven builder.

I think the biggest transfer next season is the manager, the appointment will dictate the club's fortunes for the next decade.

On 01/05/2023 at 14:37, honeybradger said:

Out:

Maddison - 55-65m

Barnes - 40-45m

In:

Patino - 25m

Mcatee - 25m

Cole palmer - 35-40m

Daka

Mcatee iheanacho palmer

Soumare Patino

Iverson

Jason Mcateer and Carlton Palmer. No thanks, it’s not the 90s mate 

2 hours ago, moseeds said:

Regardless of whether we go or not, the likely departures are:

1. Ward - told to find a new club or remain backup which he will reject
  2. Soyuncu - definitely gone
  3. Amartey - definitely gone
  4. Pereira - must be sold, cannot afford to nurse him back again, he'll want a new start too
  5. Justin - likely sold, as with Ricardo - arguably has more value if he can show glimpse of form again depends on his ambition
  6. Evans - coaching role may not be enough for him, plenty of other prem teams will take a punt on him
  7. Vestergaard - definitely gone
  8. Betrand - definitely gone
  9. Tielemans - definitely gone
  10. Maddison - definitely gone
  11. Barnes - only valuable asset - must be sold to rebuild
  12. Mendy - still has value - likely sold if relegated
  13. Praet - had enough, last year of contract, must be sold
  14. Ihaenacho - rumours started, head turned, likely requests a move (and earned it tbh)

At that point we have the spine of a new team to either get promoted back to the Premier league :cry: or enough to sustain a decent relegation fight next year to allow consolidation (like Palace).

1. Iverson
  2. Faes (has Euro ambitions, may force a move)
  3. Souttar
  4. Kristiansen
  5. Thomas
  6. KDH
  7. Ndidi
  8. Daka
  9. Vardy

Whoever is appointed must surely be another 'project' manager like Rodgers, but perhaps not as dull. Perfect for a Puel/Potter type process driven builder.

I think the biggest transfer next season is the manager, the appointment will dictate the club's fortunes for the next decade.

It really doesn’t leave us much left. 

It does make you wonder, would it be easier to rebuild with younger players in the Championship and then bounce back after we have an established team. 

If we do escape relegation this season, we surely have to be favourites for relegation next season with all these players leaving. 

Hate to be a Davey Downer but that’s a HUGE rebuild with limited funds and half the decent recruitment team of the past elsewhere. 

I’m sure it’ll be fine. It’s fine. Absolutely fine. 

• Sad 1

This summer is certainly going to be the complete opposite of end of the scale compared to last summer

I think the following will leave even if we stay up:

Castagne, Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Thomas (loan), Mendy, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Albrighton, Tete, Daka (sold / loan)

Which would leave us with:

GK - Iversen, Ward, Smithies

RB - Ricardo, Justin

CB - Faes, Souttar

LB - Kristiansen

DM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare, KDH

LW - Barnes

ST - Iheanacho, Vardy

I don't think any of our younger kids or loanees are ready for the first team squad yet unfortunately

Leaving us needing to get:

2x New CB - a first choice partner for Faes, and a younger player to complete with Souttar for 3rd choice

1x New LB/RB - depends which side Justin would be used, but need someone who can come straight in rather than another raw player like Kristiansen

1x New DM - to play in a pivot with Soumare / or sitting on their own, but needs to have a good defensive side to their game

1x New CM/AM - maybe someone who can play a bit deeper so we play with a DM sitting and 2 8's, or they can push on to play as a 10

1x New RW - I wonder who we try this time

1x New RW/LW - someone who could cover / compete for either side

1x New ST - competition for Nacho, or maybe someone who could play ahead of Nacho who could play in the 10 / supporting striker

Got to be about 8 players through the door in the summer minimum though - hopefully at least 1 free and 1 or 2 loans with options to buy meaning any money we do have can be focused on 5 players rather than stretched out for 8

Edited by moore_94

11 minutes ago, JimJams said:

So we're gonna have to do a Forest without the money.

I think there will be a decent amount of money for us to spend if we stay up (and probably even if we go down)

£50m for Maddison

£15m for Castagne

£5-10m total for Choudhury and Praet

£20-30m we still have leftover from Fofana (?)

£500k+ off the wage budget

Gives us a lot of room to work

16 hours ago, LVFox said:

Potentially pessimistic, but thinking if we go down. Maddison, Barnes, Kelechi, Ndidi, Soumare, Praet & Castagne go (along with all contracts running out). That should easily bring 100m in.

We will have no wingers left (apart from Albrighton), and KDH & Choudhury as our CMs, but I think we would suit 5-3-2 with some sensible transfers.

Bring in Ronnie Edwards from P'boro. Patino from Arsenal, Chair from QPR & Piroe from Swansea.

Iversen

Edwards Souttar Faes

Justin/Ricardo                               Thomas/Kristiansen

Patino KDH

Chair

Piroe          Daka

Squad wise, I'd be looking at Chukwuemeka on loan from Chelsea, another CB (Vestegaard and Nelson to also be in the squad), and experienced head in midfield (Will Hughes??).

The more I think about the potential reset, the more I get calmer about relegation....I'm just not letting my brain know Rudkin is in charge of it.

I’ve heard good things about Edwards at Peterborough but confess not to really know much about him. What type of defender is he and what sort of partner would he work well next to?

@Ric Flair you may have some answers lol

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’ve heard good things about Edwards at Peterborough but confess not to really know much about him. What type of defender is he and what sort of partner would he work well next to?

@Ric Flair you may have some answers lol

I'm by no means the oracle but from what I've heard, good on the ball, pretty aggressive defensively but a tad short at 5ft 10.

Think he would suit a back 3 nicely for us.