Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’ve heard good things about Edwards at Peterborough but confess not to really know much about him. What type of defender is he and what sort of partner would he work well next to?

@Ric Flair you may have some answers lol

Edwards is a modern day centre half, he's very composed on the ball and seems to be very strong mentally. Seems a resolute player with lots of ability. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Edwards is a modern day centre half, he's very composed on the ball and seems to be very strong mentally. Seems a resolute player with lots of ability. 

He sounds interesting and should not cost too much.

The key question is can he defend. ?

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Why is everyone so convinced Vestergaard will leave lol we’ve been trying to offload the parasite for over a year he’s going nowhere till his contract runs out

I think no-one touches him and he actually becomes a squad member next year.

That maybe changes if we stay up and we decide to just pay him off.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounds good 👍. Type of signing to make if we go down. Maybe if we don’t and loan him to the championship to be fair!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LVFox said:

I'm by no means the oracle but from what I've heard, good on the ball, pretty aggressive defensively but a tad short at 5ft 10.

Think he would suit a back 3 nicely for us.

Sorry, I wasn’t doubting your knowledge when tagging Ric lol. I knew he’d have a view on a lower league gem!

Height helps but ultimately if he has the other skill sets and right mentality, he’d do well.

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Sorry, I wasn’t doubting your knowledge when tagging Ric lol. I knew he’d have a view on a lower league gem!

Height helps but ultimately if he has the other skill sets and right mentality, he’d do well.

Haha no offence taken! Rics the man (despite his Tete shocker).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

There's no way we're paying anyone off. Soy and Amartey are out of contract. We're not going to pay out to be rid of a 3rd.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

There's no way we're paying anyone off. Soy and Amartey are out of contract. We're not going to pay out to be rid of a 3rd.

Yeah fair point. He almost has to stick around and be 4th or 5th choice doesn't he!

Tammy Abraham being linked to Villa, West Ham and even Man United. Be nice if we can make a move also, little connection also Deano of course managed Tammy at Villa. Of course all depends on our league status and finances.

3 hours ago, LVFox said:

Can't see us paying him off, ceilings to paint, light bulbs to change, we can put him to good use. 

What we need to do is stop going for players that are weak as piss. We need more of a physical presence in the squad. Big athletic defenders and midfielders…. Why Rodgers was obsessed with skinny midgets I’ll never know. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pliskin said:

What we need to do is stop going for players that are weak as piss. We need more of a physical presence in the squad. Big athletic defenders and midfielders…. Why Rodgers was obsessed with skinny midgets I’ll never know. 

Short man syndrome you might say but then he buys 6'6" and 210 lbs Jannik Vestergaard. I think the truth is his gospel of ball retention , ticky-tack suits smaller players.

Sincerely hope we have 2 lists depending on whether we stay up or go down. Either way it’s going to involve a major overhaul…

If we stay up will likely need (minimum): 

1 x FB - 

2 x CB - Bella Kotchap?,

1 x CDM - Hjulmand

1 x CM - Le Fee / Kokcu

1 x CAM - Alex Scott

2 x WR - Madueke (loan)?, 

Possibly another GK and versatile FWD

If we go down (again min):

1 x CB - 

1 x CM - 

1 x CAM - Alex Scott

3 x WR - 

1 x FWD - Gyokeres

44 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Sincerely hope we have 2 lists depending on whether we stay up or go down. Either way it’s going to involve a major overhaul…

If we stay up will likely need (minimum): 

1 x FB - 

2 x CB - Bella Kotchap?,

1 x CDM - Hjulmand

1 x CM - Le Fee / Kokcu

1 x CAM - Alex Scott

2 x WR - Madueke (loan)?, 

Possibly another GK and versatile FWD

If we go down (again min):

1 x CB - 

1 x CM - 

1 x CAM - Alex Scott

3 x WR - 

1 x FWD - Gyokeres

Love those CM shouts.

Would love to see Ludovic Blas in from Nantes at RW, especially if they get relegated.

I don't think you get Scott or Gyok if we go down unfortunately.