Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

If we stay up my wishlist for ins/outs (unlikely to get that number of players leave but is just a wishlist)

Outs - circa 65-75 million raised but wage bill reduced dramatically, which is the key this summer.

Tielemans (free)

Cags (free)

Amartey (free)

Mendy (free)

Choudhury (free)

Evans (free)

Bertrand (free)

Vestergaard (anything we can get)

Ward - (2-3 million)

Albrighton (1-2 million)

Praet - (circa 7-10 million)

Maddison (30-40 million)

Soumare (circa 10 million)

Daka - (circa 15 million)

Ndidi (circa 15-20 million)

Thomas - Loan

Ins - I would look to go back to the strategy what worked pre Rodgers (young, hungry players with re-sale value)

Alex Scott - circa 15 million

Mahmoud Dahoud - (free)

Lois Openda - circa 15-20 million

Kieran Tierney - circa 15 million

Josip Sutalo - circa 10-12 million

Ibrahim Sangare - (circa 20 million)

Seko Fofana - (circa 25 million)

Reiss Nelson - (free)

Gnonto - (circa 15 million if Leeds go down)

Lafont - (circa 15-20 million)

Squad of 21 with room for a loan or lower cost signings. Not saying this is likely but this would be a brilliantly balanced squad. Upgrade at left back, much needed power and strength in Sangare and Fofana in midfield with pacey additions out wide. 

GK

Lafont

Iverson

Def

Ricky

JJ

Castagne

Kristiansen

Tierney

Sutalo

Faes

Souttar

Mid

Scott

Dahoud

KDH

Fofana

Sangare

Wingers

Barnes

Nelson

Gnonto

Strikers

Kelechi

Vardy

Openda (can play on either wing)

I'd love to see an XI of 

Lafont

JJ

Sutalo

Faes

Tierney

Sangare

Fofana

KDH or Scott

Nelson

Iheanacho

Barnes 

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Ric I see rebuilding our midfield as our biggest challenge next season (with Madders, and possibly Barnes exiting, Ndidi a shell of the player we first saw, KDH struggling etc). 

Do you see any potential targets who could transition to top EPL performers like Madders where there is value to be had?

OK so let's say we get £55m for Maddison. Here's 3 players we could get for £55m to replace him, Tielemans and give us another option in the CM/ACM role.

£20m Fabian Rieder - Young Boys

£15-20m Martin Baturina - Zagreb 

£10-15m Nicolas Dominguez - Bologna

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

OK so let's say we get £55m for Maddison. Here's 3 players we could get for £55m to replace him, Tielemans and give us another option in the CM/ACM role.

£15-20m Martin Baturina - Zagreb 

Dominguez takes me back to my favourite ever FM save with Velez, him and Robertone in the middle behind Tiago Almada

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£15-20m Martin Baturina - Zagbreb 

Thanks for that. Interesting one - particularly if you compare likes of Reider with Scott from Bristol City given the former’s  better goal/assist stats and Experience of European competition.

Would you see him as only an option if we stay up?

Also any ideas for a replacement at 6?

26 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Thanks for that. Interesting one - particularly if you compare likes of Reider with Scott from Bristol City given the former’s  better goal/assist stats and Experience of European competition.

Would you see him as only an option if we stay up?

Also any ideas for a replacement at 6?

I'd love Scott here but two things I'm cautious on - 1) there's going to be a bidding war on him and 2) his end product needs a lot of work.

If we could get him in for under £30m and allow him a year or two to improve, whilst having someone who can help chip in with goals and assists in the meantime then great.

Rieder I think is the sort who ends up at Dortmund or Leverkusen for £20m and is unbelievable for a year or two and then goes for £70m and everyone wonders how they do it. We need to try and steal a march on such teams.

I like Dominguez at Bologna to play the 6 role, or Kokcu at Feyenoord but he'll go for £25-35m this summer.

My wildcard pick as a box to box midfielder is Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht. His brother is in out academy and I love his style. 

Three ACM's that can play out wide or up front and therefore might be the sorts we go for, that I like the look of, is Chaibi at Toulouse, Blas at Nantes (I will die forever wanting to see him here) and Zeki Amdoumi at Basel.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love Scott here but two things I'm cautious on - 1) there's going to be a bidding war on him and 2) his end product needs a lot of work.

If we could get him in for under £30m and allow him a year or two to improve, whilst having someone who can help chip in with goals and assists in the meantime then great.

Rieder I think is the sort who ends up at Dortmund or Leverkusen for £20m and is unbelievable for a year or two and then goes for £70m and everyone wonders how they do it. We need to try and steal a march on such teams.

I like Dominguez at Bologna to play the 6 role, or Kokcu at Feyenoord but he'll go for £25-35m this summer.

My wildcard pick as a box to box midfielder is Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht. His brother is in out academy and I love his style. 

Three ACM's that can play out wide or up front and therefore might be the sorts we go for, that I like the look of, is Chaibi at Toulouse, Blas at Nantes (I will die forever wanting to see him here) and Zeki Amdoumi at Basel.

Sale of João Pedro for £30m I guess means Bristol City would expect a similar figure so more value internationally as you say

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shane said:

Everything depends on us staying up. We go down , our targets will be modest and cheap which is effectively what we did ten years ago.

Edited by An Sionnach

Iversen

Ricardo Faes Carmo VK

Soumare Dominguez

McAtee  iheanacho  Harrison

Abraham? 

would like a more hold up kind of striker, Abraham probably too expensive but you get the idea, maybe the Coventry striker would be a better fit.  give iheanacho a new deal and he can replace Maddison’s output. 

My Rough potential Shopping List (p.s doesn't include all sales)

GK

Schmeichel (Buy)

Ward (Sell)

RW

Reiss Nelson (Free)

LW

Gnonto (Buy)

CM

James Ward-Prowse (Buy)

Striker 

Viktor Gyökeres (Buy)

Macaulay Langstaff (Buy)

Lookman (Buy)

(multi-position) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

We need to wait until we know which division we're in first before we decide where we're shopping; Waitrose or One stop.

The club will have an either/or/both shopping list. We’ve been doing that for years. 

7 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

My mate who’s a massive Rovers fan seems to think we’re in for Adam Wharton, seen him linked to bigger clubs than us but looks as though he has potential to be very good.

Hope so

so... could be wrong but most a team has spent on transfers in a season in the championship I believe belongs to Burnley at £38m... am I wrong to assume that's probably gonna have to be smashed out the park by us depending on departures?