Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

17 hours ago, 73LCFC said:

Championship it is then.

Out of contract.             Players to be sold.                Squad left.

Tete.                                Ward 3m                                 Smithies     

Amartey.                         Castagne 20m.                      Iverson

Cags.                               Vestergard 5m.                      Stolarczyk

Perez.                              Ricardo 10m

Mendy.                            Praet 5m.                                 JJ

Bertrand.                        Maddison 50m.                       VK

Evans.                             Barnes 50m.                            Thomas

Tielemans.                     Ndidi 10m

Soumare 10m.                        Faes

Daka 15m.                               Souttar

Nelson

Hamza                                                                                            KDH                                                                                           Braybrooke

Vardy                                                                                         Nacho                                                                                                           Albrighton

Lot to do to keep us up.

I think we cash in on Madders and Barnes after good seasons (at least in terms of stats). Get rid of Ward and Vestegard and then keep the rest unless the price is v good. All good enough for top half of Championship and it would be suicide to have a fire sale now. I think a couple of reasonable additions leaves us with a workable squad - very depressing but that’s the reality of where we are.

16 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

According to that random post Chaplin is on his way in lol

Yeah I’m not sure I trust that but you never know! He does look quality but quite small so think we’d need a target man in front of him to feed off, probably a BTEC Giroud. And no before anyone suggests it, NOT Hirst!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Keep Barnes until at least Jan, he'll rip in the Championship and that will inflate the price.

Not a chance Barnes stays. Will be one of the first out the door.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In time I will find solace in this thread, but right now it's like seeing a Papa John's menu fly through the door after you've done 8 Rustlers for yer tea.

Like looking through the worlds best Chinese takeaway menu, but your dad's in charge of ordering and you know he's going to choose the omelette from the "english dishes" section

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2023 at 02:04, Shane said:

Couple of gems from Ligue 2.

Jean-Phillippe Krasso (ST) - 16 goals & 9 assists this season. Available on a free. 

Yassine Kechta (CM) - Recently called up to the Morocco squad.

....just watched the first minute or so of Krasso, and he has this arrogance about him!!!

The most significant thing is that he has the awareness of his teammates and is more than prepared to play them in. He has this disguised layoff as if he is in a practice session. I would go and buy him now, take every opportunity to get ahead of the crowd.

I have not as yet seen Hechta but the name Le Havre makes me think he may just be special as well.

Miles Leaburn from Charlton to lead the line, he will be a very very good PL striker in the next few years. 

We could do a lot worse than getting Jason Knight from Derby in CM, vast experience at such a young age and he's a top end Championship player at the very worst.

Ryan Kent on a free

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Has any club been linked?

Pretty sure I've seen Villa linked. A villa supporting friend at work says it's the one their fans are talking about most should we go down anyway.

I don't know why but I've just always seen both Brendan and Barnes being at West Ham next year 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Miles Leaburn from Charlton to lead the line, he will be a very very good PL striker in the next few years. 

We could do a lot worse than getting Jason Knight from Derby in CM, vast experience at such a young age and he's a top end Championship player at the very worst.

Ryan Kent on a free

Charlton's best player by a country mile this season has been Rak-Sakyi.  If Palace want to loan him out for another season he's definitely ready for the championship.  

Leaburn is a very talented player, very good feet and has a knack of making things happen.  However, as with all young players, he can go missing in games.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Charlton's best player by a country mile this season has been Rak-Sakyi.  If Palace want to loan him out for another season he's definitely ready for the championship.  

Leaburn is a very talented player, very good feet and has a knack of making things happen.  However, as with all young players, he can go missing in games.  

Yeah you're bang on about Rak-Sakyi, been following him in PL2 for a few years as well. He destroyed out U23s a few times for Palace.

It would be very painful to think we might take players on loan from Palace if we go down but I doubt they'd sell him to us, which would be the preferred option. Surprised if Palace don't integrate him next season, I know they have Olise but they'll need competition. 

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah you're bang on about Rak-Sakyi, been following him in PL2 for a few years as well. He destroyed out U23s a few times for Palace.

It would be very painful to think we might take players on loan from Palace if we go down but I doubt they'd sell him to us, which would be the preferred option. Surprised if Palace don't integrate him next season, I know they have Olise but they'll need competition. 

I was down the Valley a couple of weeks ago and I know they'd love to have him for another year.  Still only 20 and I definitely think he'd benefit from another year out just in terms of his polish. 

He's got all the tools to be a very good player and makes the right decisions more than he makes the wrong ones which at that age is impressive.   In any event he's definitely a player who I think would not want to leave London.  Seems a nice boy who likes to be close to family.    

Totally agree that Leaburn should go on to be a prem striker, he's got something about him that lad. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

who was that lad you were a fan of  from derby that palace took last summer? Pretty sure they sent him out on loan to Hull in Jan, cant remember his name. Wonder how he got on? Maybe he's worth a look if he progressed as expected.