Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Miles Leaburn from Charlton to lead the line, he will be a very very good PL striker in the next few years. 

We could do a lot worse than getting Jason Knight from Derby in CM, vast experience at such a young age and he's a top end Championship player at the very worst.

Ryan Kent on a free

How have I only just found out about miles leaburn?! He looks a monster

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

who was that lad you were a fan of  from derby that palace took last summer? Pretty sure they sent him out on loan to Hull in Jan, cant remember his name. Wonder how he got on? Maybe he's worth a look if he progressed as expected. 

Malcolm Ebiowei, is not done much at Hull on loan but I think he'll be back on loan again next season at Championship level.

The one left footed RW / ACM that will also be available is Omari Hutchinson at Chelsea. Annoyed he traded Arsenal U21 for Chelsea U21 as he's more than ready for top end Championship / lower PL.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah you're bang on about Rak-Sakyi, been following him in PL2 for a few years as well. He destroyed out U23s a few times for Palace.

It would be very painful to think we might take players on loan from Palace if we go down but I doubt they'd sell him to us, which would be the preferred option. Surprised if Palace don't integrate him next season, I know they have Olise but they'll need competition. 

...I thought there was a rumour that Olise was looking to leave!!!

I have no details I can supply, but if Olise went, he would be a natural replacement for them. A very talented player, Palace have a lot of them, Ebiowei (a free from Derby) 

who could be good? Viera had quality attacking players available to him, yet he couldn't stop them from drifting down the table. This an undeniable sign that we should not be looking for him to come to us.

This player has it but seems to not have the ability to bring the ball back from outside the far post, with a lot of shots going down the keeper's throat. For someone with his skill set, it seems strange that the natural attack on goal seems difficult for him. Would still love to have him here though.

There was that mention of Chaplin from the Ipswich fan. Looks like he plays in the hole/number 10/shadow striker whatever you want to call if. Didn’t realise until now he was league 1 top goal scorer so would be a good one.

If Peterborough don’t come up, Ronnie Edwards and maybe Clarke-Harris if in need of another main striker (second top goal scorer in that league).

Of Coventry don’t go up would Hamer be going to the premier league? If not would be good. Gyokeres would be out of reach.

Really not sure about winger/wide forwards :dunno:

Would love us to sign Jack Clarke from Sunderland regardless of if we're relegated or not. I've seen a fair amount of them this season and he looks so direct and dangerous on the left wing every time. Scored 9 goals and is the joint top assister in the league with 11. Would be a great replacement for Barnes and actually takes the full back on. Obvs will depend if Sunderland win the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

Would love us to sign Jack Clarke from Sunderland regardless of if we're relegated or not. I've seen a fair amount of them this season and he looks so direct and dangerous on the left wing every time. Scored 9 goals and is the joint top assister in the league with 11. Would be a great replacement for Barnes and actually takes the full back on. Obvs will depend if Sunderland win the playoffs.

He looked a top talent at Leeds a few years ago and then messed it up by going to Spurs.

Would love him and Amad but highly unlikely to be anywhere close to either unfortunately.

Carlos Corberan for manager for me. Robbed of promotion with Huddersfield by the officials and upturned West Brom quite substantially too, albeit didn't make the top 6. They're a chaos club themselves. I think while we're heading that way we might be able to rectify it with a couple of smart appointments, of which I think he'd be one.

25 minutes ago, mannyfox98 said:

Jamaal Lascelles, Matt Ritchie, Jamal Lewis, Paul Dummett, Ryan Fraser all look like they are leaving Newcastle this summer.

Would you take any of those?

Only really Lascelles maybe

Didn't realise he is actually Newcastle's captain, and we are going to need some good experienced players in the Championship which he won with them

So on a free with a decent contract might be a good deal for us

A midlands lad as well

Don't think we will need a left back so no need for Lewis or Dummett, Ritchie is crap (probably wouldn't want to be on potentially the same team as Hamza either), and Fraser I am not sure why but there is just something I don't like about him haha probably because he ditched Bournemouth in the covid season rather than trying to help and keep them up, and at Newcastle he has been booted into the under 21s

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

given our good relationship with villa, i wouldn’t be surprised to see barnes join them and us loan archer and ramsey. 

🤮