Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

Leicester looks to be missing out on dahoud a bit concerning it looks like the club has gone a bit stagnant but hopefully we can get onto Nelson if we can stay in the Prem before anyone else can snap him up.

Edited by Future Fox

If/when we go down I'd have a look at Finn Azaz, 7 goals 10 assists this season for Plymouth as they got promoted from League One. I also think Scott Twine is a forward player that could get back to the form he showed at MK Dons given more of a chance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianBeane said:

If/when we go down I'd have a look at Finn Azaz, 7 goals 10 assists this season for Plymouth as they got promoted from League One. I also think Scott Twine is a forward player that could get back to the form he showed at MK Dons given more of a chance. 

Maybe he can be another String fellow

• Haha 1

Luka Romero is leaving Lazio this summer. His agent is the cause of this as he wants €5m for him to sign a new deal. Bit naughty that is but to get a player of his potential for a package less than £10m could be a calculated risk worth taking.

Would he drop in to the Championship? At 18 he's not going to be 1st choice in any of Europe's top 5 leagues next season bit at Championship level he'd likely be a star.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Elliot Anderson from Newcastle as part of the Maddison deal?

Will be one of those that gets stifled by their ambitions and would be great in the championship as one who can then progress with us.

I like the shout, loan with buy option would be most favourable 

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kwame Poku, Mason-Clark, Chaplin, Leif Davis, Cashin are realistic league one options. Edwards I think will be too expensive for us

Been looking into Poku lately and I'm a huge fan. Think his numbers will improve in the next couple of seasons and might even be one of those that gets much better when he plays with better players.

Cost wise I think Edwards is doable, Chaplin and Davis I'm not sure of at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

It would be a safer bet, can’t afford to buy players for big prices if we aren’t to then go straight back up 

That and not many pound notes to go around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LVFox said:

Been looking into Poku lately and I'm a huge fan. Think his numbers will improve in the next couple of seasons and might even be one of those that gets much better when he plays with better players.

Chaplin has 1 year left. Will be cheap due to that surely?

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Chaplin has 1 year left. Will be cheap due to that surely?

Fair play, didn't know that but I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign a new deal at Ipswich.

If he doesn't, would be worth a go!

5 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kwame Poku, Mason-Clark, Chaplin, Leif Davis, Cashin are realistic league one options. Edwards I think will be too expensive for us

Do you think Derby will need to Cashin?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LVFox said:

Yeah he's definitely got something about him for sure.

Get him in and Poku and Opoku in 12 months time can be the Ghanaian dream team.

14 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Loan to buy may well sum up our summer transfer strategy.

I think we shot ourselves in the foot with loan to buys. We’ve avoided the last 3 we signed up for (lookman, under and Bennett )  I think we will have a similar situation with Tete as it seems while we legally couldn’t agree to one, that was what was probably proposed to his club. 

We seemed to try to get some loan to buy deals in the summer and clubs and agents didn’t want it, as it was just the club giving itself all the wriggle room with out being serious about purchasing. Are we the english Torino? 

Edited by Lambert09

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah he's definitely got something about him for sure.

Get him in and Poku and Opoku in 12 months time can be the Ghanaian dream team.

Could definitely do with Peterborough losing their play off final. There’s a few, Poku, Edwards and Clarke-Harris who would be good for us.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think we shot ourselves in the foot with loan to buys. We’ve avoided the last 3 we signed up for (lookman, under and Bennett )  I think we will have a similar situation with Tete as it seems while we legally couldn’t agree to one, that was what was probably proposed to his club. 

We seemed to try to get some loan to buy deals in the summer and clubs and agents didn’t want it, as it was just the club giving itself all the wriggle room with out being serious about purchasing. Are we the english Torino? 

Just think loans / loan to buy will inevitably feature if we have to fill 10 - 15 positions and rely on raising funds from Madders and say Barnes transfers to fund business.

it will be a difficult Summer window. Especially if we dont get the new manager confirmed quickly and sell Madders early in the window.