Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

With so many of ours leaving for free, it's inevitable that we'll pick up some freebies ourselves. It'll be slim pickings for us and the names won't be too fanciful, I fear. But if be looking at:

Nelson (will definitely have better offers)

Lerma (may be able to attract him)

Milivojevic (same)

Denayer (been linked before)

Kent (crap, but we need wingers)

Lanzini (hasn't been great for a while, and probably going back the Argentina)

It's grim...

48 minutes ago, Sly said:

Out of Contract players this summer

It’s a shame we’re going down, as Jonathan Bamba might have been an interesting player. 

I now look forward to the inevitable arrival of Redmond. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The only good thing I can think of of being relegated is, we'll be first in the queue for the likes of Omari Hutchinson, Carlos Borges, Bashir Humphreys, Kobi Mainoo etc

You really think we are that clever 😄 welcome Matt Richie and Phil Jones

• Haha 1

Ever since @Ric Flair mentioned him I can’t stop thinking about getting Miles Leaburn upfront. Would be a long time since we’ve had a target man and he can play as well. Feels like an Ivan Toney kinda signing. If Percy is right we’ll be targeting players like that hopefully 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Ever since @Ric Flair mentioned him I can’t stop thinking about getting Miles Leaburn upfront. Would be a long time since we’ve had a target man and he can play as well. Feels like an Ivan Toney kinda signing. If Percy is right we’ll be targeting players like that hopefully 

I hear ya pal, this is the sort of signing I hope we go for. He'd cost £5m up front and wages wise, we could quadruple his salary and still be on less than £30k a week I suspect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Physicality also seems the way forward for a lot of teams in the Championship, having a physical presence capable of holding the ball up has seen success for numerous teams, the top six being the perfect example.

Burnley - Barnes & Rodriguez 

Sheff Utd - McBurnie

Luton - Morris

Coventry - Gyokeres 

Boro - Akpom 

Sunderland - Stewart, also had Simms on loan for a bit

Shame Ross Stewart’s season got cut short by injury, signing him would be a bit of a gamble, but he’s out of contract and yet to sign a new one, prior to his injury he’d scored 10 in 13. 

• Like 1

One positive of getting relegated will be most of the fringe players we have been struggling to shift, may well have an incentive and become more affordable on the back of a 35-50% wage reduction. All of a sudden players such as Vestergard, Praet etc may well be able to negotiate a salary of £50-60k and be better off than their potential revised championship wage. Part of our issue over the last 18-24 months has been shifting deadwood due to high salaries, with relegation this issue changes overnight. 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The only good thing I can think of of being relegated is, we'll be first in the queue for the likes of Omari Hutchinson, Carlos Borges, Bashir Humphreys, Kobi Mainoo etc

I thought you said good thing

11 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

With so many of ours leaving for free, it's inevitable that we'll pick up some freebies ourselves. It'll be slim pickings for us and the names won't be too fanciful, I fear. But if be looking at:

Nelson (will definitely have better offers)

Lerma (may be able to attract him)

Milivojevic (same)

Denayer (been linked before)

Kent (crap, but we need wingers)

Lanzini (hasn't been great for a while, and probably going back the Argentina)

It's grim...

Im certainly a little worried that we do go for a few ex prem players that are clearly on the way down. 

Wouldnt surprise me at all if we went for Phil Jones or Tuanzebe now that man U arent renewing. 

I think ryan kent wouldnt be a too bad signing 

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Physicality also seems the way forward for a lot of teams in the Championship, having a physical presence capable of holding the ball up has seen success for numerous teams, the top six being the perfect example.

Burnley - Barnes & Rodriguez 

Sheff Utd - McBurnie

Luton - Morris

Coventry - Gyokeres 

Boro - Akpom 

Sunderland - Stewart, also had Simms on loan for a bit

Shame Ross Stewart’s season got cut short by injury, signing him would be a bit of a gamble, but he’s out of contract and yet to sign a new one, prior to his injury he’d scored 10 in 13. 

Hulls top scorer was a big lad as well. Tom Bradshaw had a good season for Mill

I wonder what Steve Howard is up to. 

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hulls top scorer was a big lad as well. Tom Bradshaw had a good season for Mill

I wonder what Steve Howard is up to. 

Bring back Marko Futacs. 

Rak Sakyi on loan. Left footed right winger on loan at Charlton from Palace last season, scored 15 and assisted 8.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

On 16/05/2023 at 12:43, RowlattsFox said:

Is there anyone we can pinch from Leuven that will be good in the championship? 

Kompany used his contacts in Belgium for a lot of his signings and he's proven you don't need to buy English based players to succeed in the Championship. Some bargains to be had, similar to how we signed Mahrez and Knockaert. 

...we have known that for some time, our club, or rather DoF chooses not to cast its net too wide!!!