Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

On 16/05/2023 at 15:15, JimJams said:

Should look at Matheus Pereira again. He destroyed the championship and can play right wing or replace Maddison. Might even be able to get him on a loan.

...really wanted him when he became available from WBA!!!

He seemed to have gone down the money route and went to Al-Hilal, he should have taken that league by storm but last season 2 goals and 11 assists in 16  games. He had 20 goals and 26 assists in 77 games at WBA. 

It was said he had an attitude problem and he has not set the league alight again this season, as he has been farmed out on loan.

• Like 1

Peterborough have lost to Sheff Wed in the playoffs

Jack Taylor - 24 year old defensive mid / centre mid

10 goals and 6 assists

1 year left on his contract

Ronnie Edwards - 20 year old centre back

2 years left on his contract

Would be a good pick up to compete with someone else for 3rd choice centre back

• Like 4

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

10 goals and 6 assists

You left Poku out, @Ric Flair will be fuming!!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, kingfox said:

Physicality also seems the way forward for a lot of teams in the Championship, having a physical presence capable of holding the ball up has seen success for numerous teams, the top six being the perfect example.

Burnley - Barnes & Rodriguez 

Sheff Utd - McBurnie

Luton - Morris

Coventry - Gyokeres 

Boro - Akpom 

Sunderland - Stewart, also had Simms on loan for a bit

Shame Ross Stewart’s season got cut short by injury, signing him would be a bit of a gamble, but he’s out of contract and yet to sign a new one, prior to his injury he’d scored 10 in 13. 

Miles Leaburn 🙏

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

10 goals and 6 assists

If Clarke Harris is available for a decent fee, he'd be a decent option, too good for League One and didn't do awfully in the Championship for a Peterborough side that struggled.

Guest Mee-9
18 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If Clarke Harris is available for a decent fee, he'd be a decent option, too good for League One and didn't do awfully in the Championship for a Peterborough side that struggled.

Local lad too. Was born in Lestoh. 

We need to sign a few experienced players and players entering their prime, not just youngsters!! Some cheap options available: 

CB: Jake Cooper (Free) - Millwall shithouse. Squad depth as 4th/5th choice.

CB: Vyner (Free) - Could be available on a free if Bristol don’t get his contract sorted.

LB: Ryan Manning (Free) - 15 goal contributions this season.

DM: Milivojevic (Free) - Will probs want to stay in the PL.

CM: Oliver Norwood (Free) - Bossed the championship this season.

ST: Ashley Barnes or Pukki (Free) - Could play a Kevin Phillips role as a 4th/5th choice striker if we play 2 upfront.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shane said:

We need to sign a few experienced players and players entering their prime, not just youngsters!! Some cheap options available: 

CB: Jake Cooper (Free) - Millwall shithouse. Squad depth as 4th/5th choice.

CB: Vyner (Free) - Could be available on a free if Bristol don’t get his contract sorted.

LB: Ryan Manning (Free) - 15 goal contributions this season.

DM: Milivojevic (Free) - Will probs want to stay in the PL.

CM: Oliver Norwood (Free) - Bossed the championship this season.

ST: Ashley Barnes or Pukki (Free) - Could play a Kevin Phillips role as a 4th/5th choice striker if we play 2 upfront.

I’m sure I read that Ashley Barnes was signing for Norwich 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Ronnie Edwards is a decent prospect for a 20 year old. But a lot depends on whether we're looking to go straight back up. If we are, I don't think he's the answer. Last night showed he's not ready for the Championship and that he'd get given the runaround at that level.

Has to work on his game yes but has serious potential. I wouldn't put too much into last night, one of those freak occasions/atmosphere and definitely not a scenario where you'll see the best from him.

Reminds me of a young John Stones and he was constantly defensively tested at that age.

13 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Has to work on his game yes but has serious potential. I wouldn't put too much into last night, one of those freak occasions/atmosphere and definitely not a scenario where you'll see the best from him.

Reminds me of a young John Stones and he was constantly defensively tested at that age.

If we could bring him in alongside a few savvy veterans then I wouldn't be totally against it. But we really need to be returning to the Premier League as soon as possible, and I'm not convinced Edwards helps us do that.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If we could bring him in alongside a few savvy veterans then I wouldn't be totally against it. But we really need to be returning to the Premier League as soon as possible, and I'm not convinced Edwards helps us do that.

I think Edwards current weak points get covered nicely alongside Souttar. And it's a centre back pairing that are both very comfortable on the ball.

Agree with the experience needed in the squad though.

41 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah that is why when I mentioned him that you probably get him to be competing with someone else to be 3rd choice, behind Souttar and another experienced player who would be our first choice pairing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Ronnie Edwards

Charlie Patino

Kwame Poku

Jes Rak-Sakyi (Loan)

Carlos Borges (Loan)

Ilias Chair

Joel Piroe

Good list!

Edwards, Chair and Piroe would be the types you might even sign as a Premier League club. I wouldn't expect them to start right away, whereas in the Championship they might do.

Biggest issue for me is if we sign players that are good in the Championship but can't do it in the Premier League. But well that assumes we can get back into it, with such a massive player turnover I sadly think it will take a while... I am fearful of the double dip relegation scenario...

Some players I'd like to have a look at:

ST: Victor Boniface from USG (7G + 7A in ~2200 in the Belgian League) (we love a Nigerian Striker)

RW: Gustav Isaksen from Midtjylland (14G + 5A in ~2100 in the Danish League) (two footed, pacey, great dribbling)

LW: Koki Saito from Sparta Rotterdam (5G + 5A in ~1500 in the Eredivisie) (love how directly he plays)

CM: Adem Zorgane from Charleroi (4G + 8A from midfield in ~2800 in the Belgian League) (I love how he plays, somewhere between a 6 and an 8, could see him and KDH being a really nice midfield)

2 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

ST: Victor Boniface from USG (7G + 7A in ~2200 in the Belgian League) (we love a Nigerian Striker)

RW: Gustav Isaksen from Midtjylland (14G + 5A in ~2100 in the Danish League) (two footed, pacey, great dribbling)

LW: Koki Saito from Sparta Rotterdam (5G + 5A in ~1500 in the Eredivisie) (love how directly he plays)

CM: Adem Zorgane from Charleroi (4G + 8A from midfield in ~2800 in the Belgian League) (I love how he plays, somewhere between a 6 and an 8, could see him and KDH being a really nice midfield)

Boniface will go to Brighton if he's good enough to make the jump, and Saito will probably stay within the City group you'd imagine.

With Edwards & Poku getting numerous mentions, people seem to be sleeping on Ephron Mason-Clark who arguably had a better season than those two. 

9 goals, 8 assists and won two Peterborough end of season awards. 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

How in the shit are West Brom? John Swift has 17 goals and 22 assists in his last two seasons. They signed him for 7m from that abysmal Reading side.

John Percy produced an article the other week stating they’ll need to sell players. Their parachute payments have ran out and they have an owner not willing to invest. Dara O’Shea, Jayson Molumby & Okay Yokuslu should be looked at.

7 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

That list is pure filth!

Not quite a Tielemans but Zorgane would be my number 1 choice to replace him if we drop.

• Like 1