Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

4 hours ago, Shane said:

We need to sign a few experienced players and players entering their prime, not just youngsters!! Some cheap options available: 

CB: Jake Cooper (Free) - Millwall shithouse. Squad depth as 4th/5th choice.

CB: Vyner (Free) - Could be available on a free if Bristol don’t get his contract sorted.

LB: Ryan Manning (Free) - 15 goal contributions this season.

DM: Milivojevic (Free) - Will probs want to stay in the PL.

CM: Oliver Norwood (Free) - Bossed the championship this season.

ST: Ashley Barnes or Pukki (Free) - Could play a Kevin Phillips role as a 4th/5th choice striker if we play 2 upfront.

Did not know this about Jake Cooper. With our defence though, saying he would be 4th or 5th choice is taking the piss (out of him). He’d walk into our defence now let alone in the championship!

Norwood, many Blades fans believe he is now passed it. He’s been out the side more in favour of the young Man City loanees I believe. Wouldn’t want him now although he’s made a career of promotion out the championship!

19 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

When was the last time we used the loan market half well?

Michael Keane was decent….in terms of then and the level we were at/what he provided!

Martin Fulop? 

Yeah years ago lol

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Don't think we will need one as I think both Thomas and Kristiansen will stay

BUT if we do need a left back then we should be going for Ryan Manning

Swansea have confirmed he is leaving

5 goals and 10 assists this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65646958

Been known Manning has been leaving for a while, so suprised there hasn't been more noise surrounding him and a new club

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Don't think we will need one as I think both Thomas and Kristiansen will stay

BUT if we do need a left back then we should be going for Ryan Manning

Swansea have confirmed he is leaving

5 goals and 10 assists this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65646958

Kyle Naughton as well, name from the past! 34 years old now. Past it or potential experience pro on a short term deal?

4 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

...when you see the replay of the goals, they are all about placement, not just shooting on sight!!!

The biggest thing for me is his ability to actually head the ball. He can get across his man, dart to the near post and adjust his technique to put the header where he wants it to go. At last, if we had a player such as this we could put crosses into the box and know he is capable of getting on the end of it. He has little flair, but can finish, it is hard to find this type of player, an all-round finisher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve heard Yakubu, Kamara and Gelson Fernandes are up for it. 

How long did it take you to come up with that then genius? Give yourself a pat on the back :dunno:

Ffs, I have no idea what he’s like nowadays (Naughton). It depends on fitness levels and mentality. If injury prone no. If looking for a last pay day, no.

I assume you were against the sort of signings Pearson made when we were in the championship such as Kevin Phillips as well?