Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Clarke-Harris told he can leave Peterborough, got to be worth a punt if we go down and we do end up losing forwards

I like that policy, transfer list when having one year left, presumably if they have not indicated renewing. 

Would like him if we go down though!

On 25/05/2023 at 19:19, LVFox said:

If we stay up:

Van Nistelrooy in as manager.

Out

Iversen - £5m

Vestegaard- £0

Castagne - £15m

Ndidi - £5m

Maddison - £40m

Praet - £5m

Kelechi - £15m

Total = £85m

In

Lafont - £15m

Edwards - £5m

Oumar Solet - £15m

Sangare - £30m

Scott - £15m

Hamer - £15m

Blas - £15m

Diallo - Loan

Mikautadze - £15m

Total = £125m

Lafont

Justin Solet Souttar Kristiansen 

Sangare

Hamer         KDH

Blas                                Barnes 

Mikautadze 

Subs: Ward, Ricardo, Edwards, Faes, Thomas, Soumare, Braybrooke, Scott, Diallo, Albrighton, Daka, Vardy

How are you getting rid of Iversen and not Ward lol

Shouldn't be getting rid of Kel if we stay up, either. And Soumare and Albrighton still here. Nah. 

9 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Clarke-Harris told he can leave Peterborough, got to be worth a punt if we go down and we do end up losing forwards

If he was a couple of years younger I'd be all over that but think we'll likely get absolutely fleeced for an ageing player.

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

How are you getting rid of Iversen and not Ward lol

Shouldn't be getting rid of Kel if we stay up, either. And Soumare and Albrighton still here. Nah. 

I like Iversen but his kicking will never be there for a Premier League goalkeeper. He will however get us money in whereas Ward won't get touched by other clubs.

Kel will be in final year of contract, and unless we play two up top, I don't see us being a firm starter.

Soumare and Albrighton solely stay because squad turnover will already be so high, its worth keeping them another year.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If he was a couple of years younger I'd be all over that but think we'll likely get absolutely fleeced for an ageing player.

Said before his age is probably the sticking point, but with a year left if we can get him for a decent fee I wouldn't be against it as a squad option.

10 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I like Iversen but his kicking will never be there for a Premier League goalkeeper. He will however get us money in whereas Ward won't get touched by other clubs.

Kel will be in final year of contract, and unless we play two up top, I don't see us being a firm starter.

Soumare and Albrighton solely stay because squad turnover will already be so high, its worth keeping them another year.

Surely of all the traits you’d want from your goalie, kicking is the one that can be developed most easily through coaching? I’m not sure you could as easily do that with the actual reactions needs for shot stopping.

Schmeichel was awful at kicking from the day he arrived until the day he left. It’s a failure with the coaching.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Surely of all the traits you’d want from your goalie, kicking is the one that can be developed most easily through coaching? I’m not sure you could as easily do that with the actual reactions needs for shot stopping.

Schmeichel was awful at kicking from the day he arrived until the day he left. It’s a failure with the coaching.

Yeah I think you're right, but I don't think Iversen will ever be coached into being truly comfortable with the ball at his feet. As much as he's a far better goalkeeper to Ward.

So I'd bring someone new in and then you have a choice of bringing 5-10m in for Iversen or letting Ward go for pretty much nothing and I'd take the money choice on that one.

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Yeah I think you're right, but I don't think Iversen will ever be coached into being truly comfortable with the ball at his feet. As much as he's a far better goalkeeper to Ward.

So I'd bring someone new in and then you have a choice of bringing 5-10m in for Iversen or letting Ward go for pretty much nothing and I'd take the money choice on that one.

Yeah possible. Hard to say for definite yet. I am from that view that I don’t need my goalkeeper doing cruff turns etc and to focus on keeping the ball out of the net. That said, the ball being booted straight out of play isn’t great. I suppose I do think that he could be coached into being good enough. As I said, Schmeichel wasn’t very good but had many other attributes.

Also depends what league we are in. I have said on other threads but if we go down, I would not piss around trying to replace Iverson when we have so much to do and he’s already a very very good Championship goalie. Give him number 1 for the season, and see how he does.

If we stay up tomorrow, then maybe that changes!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yeah possible. Hard to say for definite yet. I am from that view that I don’t need my goalkeeper doing cruff turns etc and to focus on keeping the ball out of the net. That said, the ball being booted straight out of play isn’t great. I suppose I do think that he could be coached into being good enough. As I said, Schmeichel wasn’t very good but had many other attributes.

Also depends what league we are in. I have said on other threads but if we go down, I would not piss around trying to replace Iverson when we have so much to do and he’s already a very very good Championship goalie. Give him number 1 for the season, and see how he does.

If we stay up tomorrow, then maybe that changes!

The issues with the goalkeeping position are a fundamental reason why we’re in this position. If the club had only bought a top drawer keeper in January, I’ve no doubt we would be safe already. 

It’s the one position you can’t mess around with. 

Badredine Bouanani Algerian left footed right winger, really lacking in game time  at Nice a Loan with option to buy would be great, shown alot of improvement lately his major problem is he lacks the goal scoring intent he likes to assist the ball rather than go for a goal, but his delivey is on point nevertheless.

anyways there is an abundance of North african talent nowadays but their main issue is discipline especially the attacking players, same can be said to West Africans most notably (Senegal, Nigeria, Ivory Coast) even Mali lately are looking good.

Edited by BenTayfour

At this point, I just want to make sure we keep iheanacho! 

Still think we shouldn’t even consider letting barnes go for less than 50. 

A promotion is worth more than that. Don’t understand the fans happy to take 30… we’d have to spend 10 of that on a replacement.

Squeeze every penny for maddison, get what we can fro the fringe players and try to build around those 2 if we can. 

nacho  vardy

barnes 

kdh

Thomas/ Vk.  faes.   souttar.   ricardo 

iversen 

That’s a strong core to build off of. 

having to replace 2 wingers with our track record is terrifying. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

At this point, I just want to make sure we keep iheanacho! 

Still think we shouldn’t even consider letting barnes go for less than 50. 

A promotion is worth more than that. Don’t understand the fans happy to take 30… we’d have to spend 10 of that on a replacement.

Squeeze every penny for maddison, get what we can fro the fringe players and try to build around those 2 if we can. 

nacho  vardy

barnes 

kdh

Thomas/ Vk.  faes.   souttar.   ricardo 

iversen 

That’s a strong core to build off of. 

having to replace 2 wingers with our track record is terrifying. 

Can we afford to keep Kels and Vards even on a reduced wage?

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Can we afford to keep Kels and Vards even on a reduced wage?

That’s a big question but my hope is that we roll the dice on going straight back up. 

If we manage a clear out for nominal fees of the rest then it could be possible. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

That’s a big question but my hope is that we roll the dice on going straight back up. 

If we manage a clear out for nominal fees of the rest then it could be possible. 

All eyes on Top as to whether he will support that. Really important we make quick, correct decisions on the new manager and taking decisions on players.

Barnes and Maddison will not accept championship football at this point in their careers so we sell for for 80 million or so. You can pick up six or seven players for that. Braybrooke will come straight into the squad , Hamza may return and Justin will be fit. I would offer Amartey a couple of years as well. Castagne and Praet are done here  Jonny should retire now so a new captain will be needed. Soumaré will get offers at 20 million or so. Our real need is a much stronger midfield physically. The position of Ndidi has to be sorted quickly.