Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

29 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Joel Piroe

10 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Callum Doyle from Man City on loan. Been excellent for Cov and he’s one we could get permanently if we straight back up. 

Two very good shouts.

Realistic as well.

GK - Iverson

GK - Guillaume Restes (GK)

CB- Noah Mbamba 

CB - Harry Soutter

CB - Jarrad Branthwaite

LB - Victor Kristiensen

LB/RB - James Justin

LB - Luke Thomas

RB - Djed Spence

CDM - Lucas Gourna-Douath

CM - Sammy Braybrooke 

CM - KDH

CM - Alex Scott

RM/RW - Will Alves 

LM/LW- Tobias Gulliksen

LM/LW - Alberto Moleiro

RM/RW - Kayky (loan) 

CAM - Charlie Patino 

ST - Marcos Leonardo 

ST - Viktor Gyökeres

ST - Vardy

Just get cracking Top.

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

GK - Iverson

CB- Noah Mbamba 

CB - Harry Soutter

CB - Jarrad Branthwaite

LB - Victor Kristiensen

LB/RB - James Justin

LB - Luke Thomas

RB - Djed Spence

CM - Sammy Braybrooke 

CM - KDH

CM - Alex Scott

RM/RW - Will Alves 

LM/LW- Tobias Gulliksen

LM/LW - Alberto Moleiro

RM/RW - Kayky (loan) 

CAM - Charlie Patino 

ST - Marcos Leonardo 

ST - Viktor Gyökeres

ST - Vardy

Just get cracking Top.

Worryingly I don’t know many of these, but Gyökeres is a definite no go. He will be Premier League next year 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

GK - Iverson

CB- Noah Mbamba 

CB - Harry Soutter

CB - Jarrad Branthwaite

LB - Victor Kristiensen

LB/RB - James Justin

LB - Luke Thomas

RB - Djed Spence

CM - Sammy Braybrooke 

CM - KDH

CM - Alex Scott

RM/RW - Will Alves 

LM/LW- Tobias Gulliksen

LM/LW - Alberto Moleiro

RM/RW - Kayky (loan) 

CAM - Charlie Patino 

ST - Marcos Leonardo 

ST - Viktor Gyökeres

ST - Vardy

Just get cracking Top.

Mbamba only recently joined Leverkusen, Leonardo isn't going to the Championship, would Moleiro get a work permit? Same for Gulliksen (unless those new rules come in to play for players not eligible). If we go down the South American route, we've ideally got to target players from outside the big 2 nations, to get value for money.

I've got no idea who to bring in, but the order should be...

1. Confirm the releases of everyone out of contract and make all of the squad available for contract other than Iversen, Souttar, KDH and Vardy

2. Hire a manager in the next week. While he's not done great, Smith probably gets the nod as he has things in place

3. Do all of our business in June. Set an internal transfer deadline day of 30 June. If we receive no acceptable bids for a player by then, the player stays. No more situations of players leaving too late to replace them (lots of big players seem to have left too late in a window - Schmeichel, Fofana, Maguire)

4. If acceptable bids come in, bring in replacements by the end of June. Some might be frees or loans - act quickly or the best ones will have clubs 

5. Then use July to bed the team in, maximise the pre-season and be ready to hit the ground running when the season starts (August 5)

11 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes and Maddison will not accept championship football at this point in their careers so we sell for for 80 million or so. You can pick up six or seven players for that. Braybrooke will come straight into the squad , Hamza may return and Justin will be fit. I would offer Amartey a couple of years as well. Castagne and Praet are done here  Jonny should retire now so a new captain will be needed. Soumaré will get offers at 20 million or so. Our real need is a much stronger midfield physically. The position of Ndidi has to be sorted quickly. 

Agreed with most of this but not Amartey. I think he’s had his time and we need to move in from him.

Of all the out of contract lot, there is only one I want to keep and that’s Mendy. And yes I include Tielemans in that, he can foxtrot Oscar!

On 27/05/2023 at 08:19, lcfc_forever said:

The issues with the goalkeeping position are a fundamental reason why we’re in this position. If the club had only bought a top drawer keeper in January, I’ve no doubt we would be safe already. 

It’s the one position you can’t mess around with. 

Iverson will be fine for the Championship. He's still got room for improvement. I'd move Ward on but I don't think there will be any takers. If Ward isn't moved on there's not much point going after another good keeper and having all those resources tied up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fkas said:

Iverson will be fine for the Championship. He's still got room for improvement. I'd move Ward on but I don't think there will be any takers. If Ward isn't moved on there's not much point going after another good keeper and having all those resources tied up.

Yeah, Iversen should be fine for the Championship - was commenting more from a lesson learned for the PL. We can’t allow ourselves to be in that situation again, it’s a position that makes a double digit points difference. Sir Alex said as much as well. 

• Like 1

Iversen is more than good enough, imo i dont think hes the problem, at times it feels like its Stowell, 

on players we need to get in now, we need to go back to the sort of player we got under Pearson, hungry and with some fight, 

the whole mindset of some of our players is so soft, 

10 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Iversen will be ok in the championship. We just need the players to let him kick it long when we need to, and not have to aim for the wing like we do now

It because he doesn’t have a suitable target to boot it up to, need players with more physical presence 

• Like 1

Agreed on Iversen. I think he's earned a chance to be first choice for next season, and that will save us a pretty penny for a "great" goalkeeper for now too. One less position to have to fork out for.

With Maddison, Barnes and a few others likely to go, and Ricardo plus Justin stays, I think we're going to need the following:

x2 CBs

x3 wingers

x3 CMs

x2 STs

We're probably covered for fullbacks, but that's about it. I guess Faes x Souttar is a CB partnership we can cope with, but I just don't trust Faes any more. I'd rather we found a new partner for Souttar, who at least has Championship experience.

18 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

No doubt Rudkin off for a well earned holiday for 4 weeks, after a stressful time.

thats my thinking too, we'll go weeks without doing **** all and try and do everything within a week

stupid twat shouldnt get a holiday after this season, nor paid tho for the shit show hes been involved in this season

So the pots simmered somewhat. And I don’t feel like killing anyone today.

So I think we can keep some of the squad intact…

Iverson 

Kristiansen 

Thomas

Souttar

Faes (Maybe)

Justin 

Ricardo (maybe)

KDH

Hamza

Barnes (maybe)

Albrighton 

Vardy

Kalechi (maybe).

Daka (Maybe). 

The maybes I can see the players taking a pay cut to try and get us back up. The likes of Ricardo could be stunning in the championship.

The fact is we can’t make wholesale changes it simply won’t happen. So some of the squad will have to stay together. 

It’s about adding it with potential quality that can transfer to the premier league. 

We have a core of a squad good enough for the championship, and if we want to get out straight away, we’re going to have to retain a few of the players. 

Edited by Pliskin

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So the pots simmered somewhat. And I don’t feel like killing anyone….

So I think we can keep some of the squad intact…

Iverson 

Kristiansen 

Thomas

Souttar

Faes (Maybe)

Justin 

Ricardo (maybe)

KDH

Hamza

Barnes (maybe)

Albrighton 

Vardy

Kalechi (maybe).

Daka (Maybe). 

The maybes I can see the players taking a pay cut to try and get us back up. The likes of Ricardo could be stunning in the championship.

The fact is we can’t make wholesale changes it simply won’t happen. So some of the squad will have to stay together. 

It’s about adding it with potential quality that can transfer to the premier league. 

We have a core of a squad good enough for the championship, and if we want to get out straight away, we’re going to have to retain a few of the players. 

Kels contract expires next summer so he needs to extend or be sold. Vards also is into his last year and even reducing his wage by 35% not sure we can afford to retain him.

Barnes will be pushing for a move and as he is 2 yrs until contract expiry realistically we need to maximise his transfer value.

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Kels contract expires next summer so he needs to extend or be sold. Vards also is into his last year and even reducing his wage by 35% not sure we can afford to retain him.

Barnes will be pushing for a move and as he is 2 yrs until contract expiry realistically we need to maximise his transfer value.

Vardy has already said he will stay. 

Kelch is a gamble but we know he will score goals. 

Barnes can push all he wants, but at the end of the day the club will want to get out of the championship at the first time of asking. If he can be replaced then great let him go. I’m just thinking there’s no way everyone can go, it makes the task far too big. But it’s why I listed Barnes as a maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Vardy has already said he will stay. 

Kelch is a gamble but we know he will score goals. 

Barnes can push all he wants, but at the end of the day the club will want to get out of the championship at the first time of asking. If he can be replaced then great let him go. I’m just thinking there’s no way everyone can go, it makes the task far too big. But it’s why I listed Barnes as a maybe. 

A lot up in the air, but we are in a financial sh*tshow so don’t be surprised to see multiple departures including bigger names.

2/3 reduction in commercial revenues and we have already pledged PL future broadcast revenues as security against Macquarie loans.

Edited by JimmyC74