Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

7 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

A lot up in the air, but we are in a financial sh*tshow so don’t be surprised to see multiple departures including bigger names.

2/3 reduction in commercial revenues and we have already pledged PL future broadcast revenues as security against Macquarie loans.

That maybe the case, but KP won’t want to languish in the championship. So they will have to gamble. What they can’t afford is seasons in the championship, they need to get back straight away. So there will have to be a few calculated risks taken. 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That maybe the case, but KP won’t want to languish in the championship. So they will have to gamble. What they can’t afford is seasons in the championship, they need to get back straight away. So there will have to be a few calculated risks taken. 

I hope you are right and Top backs the new manager to make the necessary changes to ensure we are ready to go come the 5th August.

Based on having no idea of who will be here next season, and that we'll lose maddison, Barnes, ndidi and anyone else out of contract. I'd consider playing JJ as a third CB giving us the option for 3 for long ball teams or switching him to RB and pushing Ricardo to right wing. Midfield is definitely where we need to target first, ideally with an AM who can play on the left too. If it wasn't for the injuries to alves and braybrooke they could have been part of the first team squad. 

Nacho, vardy/daka

New AM (Alves when recovered)

KDH, Choudhury,

Thomas/kristiansen, Souttar, faes, JJ, Ricardo 

Iverson

But this relies on us keeping our strikers, which is probably unlikely. I think most the defence will still be here, which I'm not sure is a good thing!

1 hour ago, StonyFox said:

Based on having no idea of who will be here next season, and that we'll lose maddison, Barnes, ndidi and anyone else out of contract. I'd consider playing JJ as a third CB giving us the option for 3 for long ball teams or switching him to RB and pushing Ricardo to right wing. Midfield is definitely where we need to target first, ideally with an AM who can play on the left too. If it wasn't for the injuries to alves and braybrooke they could have been part of the first team squad. 

Nacho, vardy/daka

New AM (Alves when recovered)

KDH, Choudhury,

Thomas/kristiansen, Souttar, faes, JJ, Ricardo 

Iverson

But this relies on us keeping our strikers, which is probably unlikely. I think most the defence will still be here, which I'm not sure is a good thing!

I reckon wanya Marcel be in and around the squad next season. 

• Like 1

Iverson (Smithies)

Max Aarons - 15mil (Clyne - Free)

Souttar (Jake Cooper - Free)

Ronnie Edwards - 5mil (Tomkins - Free)

Thomas (Kristiansen)

KDH (Pantino - Free)

Aaron Ramsey - Loan (Alex Scott - 15mil)

Archer - 15mil (Dolan - 7mil)

Hutchinson - Loan (Pritchard - Free)

Borges - Loan (Schlupp - Free)

Iheanacho (Daka)

Maddison - 40mil, Barnes - 30mil, Castagne - 10mil, N’didi - 10mil, Faes - 10mil, Soumare - 10mil, Ricardo - 5mil, Justin - 5mil, Praet - 2mil, Hamza - 2mil, Vestergaard - free, Vardy - free, Ward - free. Roughly 124 million. Spending roughly 57 million and leaves us with a strong championship team with youngsters and a few experienced players in there too.

Braybrooke, Alves, Wanya, Wormleighton and Maswanhise all become first teamers to add more depth. 

This is without signing any players from abroad as to be honest I don’t know much about the foreign leagues.

Really curious as to whether Ricardo, Faes, Justin, Kelechi & Daka are thinking they jump ship or stay.

The others seem obvious to me but if we can keep all the above I think we will annihilate the championship. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

One thing is for certain, we need a lump up front.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Clarke-Harris would definitely give us some physicality and isn't just a lump either. Told he can leave Peterborough and would do a job for us for a year or so, shame he isn't slighlty younger

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Really curious as to whether Ricardo, Faes, Justin, Kelechi & Daka are thinking they jump ship or stay.

The others seem obvious to me but if we can keep all the above I think we will annihilate the championship. 

I think annihilating the championship is a pipe dream. Its a gruelling, competitive, physical league. We are also going to be a scalp for everyone we play. To annihilate the league, we'd need a deep, premier league quality squad and a very good manager. That's a big ask to expect us to sort this in 3 months.

Just now, John12345 said:

I think annihilating the championship is a pipe dream. Its a gruelling, competitive, physical league. We are also going to be a scalp for everyone we play. To annihilate the league, we'd need a deep, premier league quality squad and a very good manager. That's a big ask to expect us to sort this in 3 months.

I don't think a winner of the championship has had a premier league ready squad since Wolves in 2018.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I don't think a winner of the championship has had a premier league ready squad since Wolves in 2018.

You maybe right . But to be a runaway leader, we'd need a competitive advantage which I can't see us having I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, John12345 said:

You maybe right . But to be a runaway leader, we'd need a competitive advantage which I can't see us having I'm afraid.

Yeah that's fair, can see all 3 relegated being strong next year, it's then a question of separating ourselves from those and a few other stronger teams (Boro,Sunderland etc)

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Jose Izquierdo - free agent. LW.

ex Brighton player. Looked a real threat a few years ago and we will need some good cheap players. I’d defo take him on a free.

Crocked with injuries by the look of things

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

Jose Izquierdo - free agent. LW.

ex Brighton player. Looked a real threat a few years ago and we will need some good cheap players. I’d defo take him on a free.

Wanted him a few years before he scored against us in the CL. But he was an injury magnet at Brighton. Don't know if he still is. Would be good if he's not. Gotta be a reason he's available.

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Yeah that's fair, can see all 3 relegated being strong next year, it's then a question of separating ourselves from those and a few other stronger teams (Boro,Sunderland etc)

Anyway mate, I hope your right, not me. Would be a brilliant outcome. Life is a journey!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

One thing is for certain, we need a lump up front.

Anyone have any ideas? 

What about Chris Wood again? surplus to Newcastle, didn't get much of a kick a Forest. Could be a good loan for us with us needing a few cheap and effective options and him looking to kick start his career again. Newcastle would cover the majority of his Salery.

Right, I’m marching into Tops office tomorrow with this, and a plan.

So this should be our starting 11.

Restes 

Ricardo          Faes           Souttar        Justin 

Gourna-Douath

Scott                                    KDH

Palmer                                                 Osorio

Kalechi 

Iverson

Kristiensen 

Colwill

Idowu

Braybrook

Alves

Thomas 

Vardy

Daka

Albrighton 

Piss the championship in record breaking fashion. 

Assuming we sell any valuable assets this summer to stay afloat financially, if we don’t get promoted, does that mean we’re royally fecked in 24/25?

I know the answer is most likely a yes, but that is an extremely worrying scenario. 

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Assuming we sell any valuable assets this summer to stay afloat financially, if we don’t get promoted, does that mean we’re royally fecked in 24/25?

I know the answer is most likely a yes, but that is an extremely worrying scenario. 

It won't help certainly but one of the key reasons we fell foul of financial fair play and had to cut back on spending was Covid. With that increasingly behind us we should be able to invest a little more or soak up some of the damage from being in the Championship.

The issue will be the interest on the financing loans we have and those were set against Premiership TV money we won't have anymore. More than one season will see us have to sell off any last players on good salaries.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 13:22, LCFCJohn said:

Did not know this about Jake Cooper. With our defence though, saying he would be 4th or 5th choice is taking the piss (out of him). He’d walk into our defence now let alone in the championship!

Very true. He could be our Robert Huth.

• Like 1