Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

On 29/05/2023 at 08:38, CloudFox said:

Agreed on Iversen. I think he's earned a chance to be first choice for next season, and that will save us a pretty penny for a "great" goalkeeper for now too. One less position to have to fork out for.

With Maddison, Barnes and a few others likely to go, and Ricardo plus Justin stays, I think we're going to need the following:

x2 CBs

x3 wingers

x3 CMs

x2 STs

We're probably covered for fullbacks, but that's about it. I guess Faes x Souttar is a CB partnership we can cope with, but I just don't trust Faes any more. I'd rather we found a new partner for Souttar, who at least has Championship experience.

...Faes keeps on making inexplicable decisions in defence and I just cannot understand why!!!

He wasn't doing that when he first came in, so why does he continue to do these poorly judged decisions now?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Nisbet - Hibs - ST

Gustav Isaken - RW - Midtjylland 

Mike Tresor - AMC - Genk 

Ayase Ueda - ST - Cercle Brugge 

Miles Leaburn - ST - Charlton 

Mads Juel Andersen - CB - Barnsley 

Nigel Lonwijk - RB - Plymouth - on loan from Wolves

Costinha - RB - Rio Ave

Georges Mikautadze - ST - Metz

Formose Mendy - CB - Amiens 

Stand outs when having a trawl of the stats 

In the Leaburn club, good lad. He's going to be a star.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Nisbet - Hibs - ST

Mike Tresor - AMC - Genk 

Costinha - RB - Rio Ave

I'm a giant Mikautadze fan

On 30/05/2023 at 18:53, CosbehFox said:

Nisbet - Hibs - ST

Mike Tresor - AMC - Genk 

Costinha - RB - Rio Ave

Love the Ueda shout and Isaksen is my #1 pick for a winger

Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool

21 year old centre mid expected to be available for a permanent deal this summer

Just been on loan at Aberdeen where he got 6 goals and 9 assists in 38 appearances

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Lascelles not getting a new contract at Newcastle…. I’d be surprised if we’re not all over it

If we weren't offering Evans a new contract I'd be happy with this. Not the best CB but a good leader and we do need a couple of those.

Local lad too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Lascelles not getting a new contract at Newcastle…. I’d be surprised if we’re not all over it

Would take - offers experience and leadership, and is probably too good for Championship level. Has he had injury problems, or just out of favour at the human rights abusers?

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool

21 year old centre mid expected to be available for a permanent deal this summer

Just been on loan at Aberdeen where he got 6 goals and 9 assists in 38 appearances

That's a decent shout, I also like the look of Jensen Weir at Brighton. Was on loan in League One last season and got 15+ goals and assists.

It appears his contract is up this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a decent shout, I also like the look of Jensen Weir at Brighton. Was on loan in League One last season and got 15+ goals and assists.

It appears his contract is up this summer.

I would be interested in Jan Paul van Hecke from Brighton as well

22 year old centre back who will only have 1 year left after they have used an option to extend his contract

Has had 2 good loans at Heerenveen and Blackburn but then this season was barely used by Brighton

He has said he wants to play regularly but sounds like if not given those promises it looks he would want to leave permanently

“For other clubs, it is now also becoming interesting, because I will be relatively cheap to take over. It will probably be another transfer window in which I am glued to the phone.”

"Renting (being loaned out) out is out of the question. That has happened twice, but then you are just acclimatised and you have to leave again. I’m done with that.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

I hope we don't try to emulate Forest with their mass purchase of 20+ players last summer. I think it really took them a while to find the best XI and also to discover some were not up to it.

Once we have moved on the players who want to go there will be a number of players remaining to form the basis of our team for next season. Hopefully some of the young players can step up for a place in the squad especially those who have been out on loan rather than injured.  The latter are going to need time to get back up to speed.

Finally let's hope all our purchases are necessary and well thought out with players who have potential beyond the second tier.

On 30/05/2023 at 21:24, Ric Flair said:

In the Leaburn club, good lad. He's going to be a star.

His middle name is Lester as well, it's written in the stars. :ph34r:

Sadly I reckon chances of him or Rak-Sakyi leaving Greater London anytime soon are minimal.