Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

Here is a thought from the depths of left field. But could, whoever is our manager, get Dele Ali’s head straight and if so then could we and he possibly be a great combination for him to rebuild his career and to spur us on to promotion. The Dele from a few years back I would have snapped your hand off for.

Only 27. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Here is a thought from the depths of left field. But could, whoever is our manager, get Dele Ali’s head straight and if so then could we and he possibly be a great combination for him to rebuild his career and to spur us on to promotion. The Dele from a few years back I would have snapped your hand off for.

Only 27. 

Unfortunately I think Dele is finished - crazy how good of a player he was/is but he clearly has big issues. You don't just lose that talent overnight surely !? 

it's not a terrible shout but I just don't think we're the right club for him and he doesn't have the right mentality we are looking for imo. 

With Ricardo and Castagne being linked away today, and JJ having being linked away earlier on, going to need at least 1 possibly 2 right backs:

Louis Patris - 21 years old at Leuven

Probably one of the easiest deals we could do and one I would probably expect us to look to do if we want a younger right back, had a good season with Leuven and can also play at centre back if needed

Pedro Malheiro - 22 years old at Boavista

6 assists last season from right back and wing back

Costina - 23 years old at Rio Ave

3 goals and 3 assists last season, played as a wing back but still gets stuck in defensively so could still be comfortable playing as a right back

Yukinari Sugawara - 22 years old at AZ Alkmaar

4 goals and 11 assists last season mostly as a right back but on occassion also played further forward as a right winger

Sean Klaiber - 28 years old at FC Utrecht

2 goals and 4 assists last season all from right back, bit more of a defensive full back but does still get forward and is very well rounded on Fbref

Ryan Strain - 26 years old at St Mirren

4 goals and 5 assists as a right back and wing back last season

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would someone really want to leave Leuven in the top league of Belgium to the 2nd tier of English football?

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would someone really want to leave Leuven in the top league of Belgium to the 2nd tier of English football?

Are Leuven buying Pedro Malheiro then? :ph34r:

But about Patris yes I definitely think they would

Although Kompany obviously helped, Burnley were signing players from Belgium at clubs around and even above Leuven's level

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With Ricardo and Castagne being linked away today, and JJ having being linked away earlier on, going to need at least 1 possibly 2 right backs:

Louis Patris - 21 years old at Leuven

Probably one of the easiest deals we could do and one I would probably expect us to look to do if we want a younger right back, had a good season with Leuven and can also play at centre back if needed

Costina - 23 years old at Rio Ave

3 goals and 3 assists last season, played as a wing back but still gets stuck in defensively so could still be comfortable playing as a right back

Yukinari Sugawara - 22 years old at AZ Alkmaar

4 goals and 11 assists last season mostly as a right back but on occassion also played further forward as a right winger

Sean Klaiber - 28 years old at FC Utrecht

2 goals and 4 assists last season all from right back, bit more of a defensive full back but does still get forward and is very well rounded on Fbref

Ryan Strain - 26 years old at St Mirren

4 goals and 5 assists as a right back and wing back last season

Love Sugawara, suggested him before but like a lot of players he's probably out of our range now

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Are Leuven buying Pedro Malheiro then? :ph34r:

But about Patris yes I definitely think they would

Although Kompany obviously helped, Burnley were signing players from Belgium at clubs around and even above Leuven's level

Bollocks lol

Interesting, I'd assume money and potential to move to a bigger team would do it 

If Parker is our man, I’d expect Joe Bryan to come in. He’s just left Fulham and pulled out of a return to Bristol city as “new opportunities arose” 

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

If Parker is our man, I’d expect Joe Bryan to come in. He’s just left Fulham and pulled out of a return to Bristol city as “new opportunities arose” 

Kristiansen is surely our main man at LB next season with Thomas waiting in the wings… not a bad move if 1 was to leave though

• Like 2

As they should be. And I'm yet to be convinced that Kristiansen is actually the better of the two because of the small sample size of displays for us. Thomas had great games for us at times. I think the clamor for him to be an improvement on what we had and his first few performances where he looked good has made people make judgements a bit early on that pair. He's also had honking games.

Funny thing is there were a number of fans who said we should loan Thomas out to a championship club. Those same fans are now saying he's too lightweight for the championship.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

As they should be. And I'm yet to be convinced that Kristiansen is actually the better of the two because of the small sample size of displays for us. Thomas had great games for us at times. I think the clamor for him to be an improvement on what we had and his first few performances where he looked good has made people make judgements a bit early on that pair. He's also had honking games.

Funny thing is there were a number of fans who said we should loan Thomas out to a championship club. Those same fans are now saying he's too lightweight for the championship.

Exactly what I’ve noticed! The amount of players who get called ‘Championship standard’ or ‘need a loan to the Championship’ but are now suddenly downgraded to league 1 level or needing a loan to league 1 now we’ve dropped lol

As you and others have said, Kristiansen and Thomas are very good options for left back and it’s reassuring that one position is sorted.

With the amount of work to do already, and with the fact our board are so slow and incompetent that they don’t have a clue on the manager yet, if we have a position that is ready, just be happy with that and focus on the others. Same goes for the keeper situation.

On 07/06/2023 at 10:41, moore_94 said:

Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool

21 year old centre mid expected to be available for a permanent deal this summer

Just been on loan at Aberdeen where he got 6 goals and 9 assists in 38 appearances

Joining Aberdeen permanently, shame.