Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

I would think that we won’t go near any youth players released from man city. Simply because they probably would have asked marrscas opinion on them and that probably indicates that those released aren’t ones he rates. 

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like I named the wrong Nigerian lol

noticed the same thing about the types of players PIF were targeting. Muslim being a main one but also just genuinely respectful players. 

Vardy is genuinely a huge name worldwide but I don’t think they’d be interested in him because of his persona. 

I would think that we won’t go near any youth players released from man city. Simply because they probably would have asked marrscas opinion on them and that probably indicates that those released aren’t ones he rates. 

...as good enough for Man City.

Edited by JimJams

57 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

noticed the same thing about the types of players PIF were targeting. Muslim being a main one but also just genuinely respectful players. 

Vardy is genuinely a huge name worldwide but I don’t think they’d be interested in him because of his persona. 

Seems to be a lot of players from African nations linked - Ziyech, Mendy, Aubamayang and Koulibaly from Chelsea. Now Wilf from us. 

It’s all very predictable… we play hard ball with all of our sales and end up missing out on all of our top targets. 

We are going to be stuck starting the league without the squad in place because we aren’t able to get our sales done efficiently. Rudkin has been found out by everyone and i don’t think clubs are taking his bullshit anymore 

• Like 2

On 19/06/2023 at 15:37, Lambert09 said:

Tbf released man City youths are likely better than most of our players.

20 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m intrigued of Tanner’s article where he mentioned the club “don’t want a complete rebuild of the playing staff” I wonder what that truthfully means? Are players like Soumare for example going to be here next year?

Frightening if so. Loads of them out of contract in 12 months, several the year after as well.

Rip it up and start again. We've seen what happens when we have players who don't want to be here any longer and a DOF who can't sell them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Frightening if so. Loads of them out of contract in 12 months, several the year after as well.

Rip it up and start again. We've seen what happens when we have players who don't want to be here any longer and a DOF who can't sell them.

Couldn’t agree anymore, most likely Tanner waffling. If he’s not I find it concerning other than the key names that are going to leave regardless, I honestly don’t know how many I want to stay around other than Kel.

19 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s getting ridiculous now. The mother of all rebuilds and we’ve not got a single solid rumour of a signing. The club is a joke. We’re in for a horrid season I feel.

If enzo wants to keep a few players then so be it.  Those players know they must give 100% or wither on the bench 

Maresca has said those players that stay will need to change their mentality and any newcomers have to know they are  coming to a big club.

Certain he is analysing the squad, deciding who he wants and doesn't and this will accelerate once everyone is back from hols etc. and talks will be being held.

What we do know is that seven players have not been offered,  or did not want new contracts (YT,  cags,perez, Bertrand, Mendy, Amarty, tete).

I think we will see a lot of activity once we get into july.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick said:

As I said in another thread, sadly I think they are waiting for outgoings before signing anyone. Need to get Maddison and Barnes moved on ASAP.

...perhaps not selling them first, would indicate to other clubs, we have limited finance and teams would not be looking to increase their prices thinking that we have copious to spend!!!

As previously stated by a fellow poster, this period is very much a downtime for players agents and clubs as it would effectively be holiday time for the majority. The next week or so would be when rumours and other clubs' movements of players will take place, all we can do at this moment is to spin our wheels (supporters, not the club, they've been doing that for the last 18 months).

Although I like most am frustrated by the lack of movement in or out at the minute and I’m fully in the Job Rudkin out brigade I’d like to think the lack of activity is probably down to players being away on holiday… even if things have been agreed you’d like to think things will ramp up this week with players returning from their annual snap with Wayne Lineker… I’m probably giving Rudskid to much credit though as he’s probably been out horse shopping the last few weeks