Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

As I said in another thread, sadly I think they are waiting for outgoings before signing anyone. Need to get Maddison and Barnes moved on ASAP.

The problem runs in to trouble though if we want to stand a chance of not paying through the nose for players. 

• Like 1

Tricky one. If we get decent dosh for maddisoniazid,   Barnes,  castagne etc, selling clubs will assume we have money  burning a hole in our pockets and hold out for more for any targets we may have. On the other hand if we rush into selling then buyers will lowball us thinking we are desperate.

Similarly, if we spend big before selling it could show we are not skint or that we are now desperate to sell to recoup outlay. It's all a game of poker and hence why traditionally the club tend to keep its cards close to their chest and do their deals quietly

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, urban fox said:

tend to keep its cards close to their chest and do their deals quietly

In recent times they have quietly bought a lot of underwhelming players. With Fofana , the noise was deafening but hey ho at least they made a few bob on a well overrated player.

I don’t think they’re waiting for outgoings. I think the likely reason for delays is Enzo has come in, and will more than likely want a different player profile to Brendan. So, they’re a probably a bit of a conflab going on about which players to target. 

The more time passes, the more likely it is that lost of the squad will remain. We may struggle to shift some of the players for the prices we want. 

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think they’re waiting for outgoings. I think the likely reason for delays is Enzo has come in, and will more than likely want a different player profile to Brendan. So, they’re a probably a bit of a conflab going on about which players to target. 

The more time passes, the more likely it is that lost of the squad will remain. We may struggle to shift some of the players for the prices we want. 

It’s all becoming very similar to the Sunderland decline.

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

least be right too, the transfer window doesnt officially open till the 1st july, could easily be wheels turning behind the screens that people dont know about

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

least be right too, the transfer window doesnt officially open till the 1st july, could easily be wheels turning behind the screens that people dont know about

...I think you need to look into this!!!

June 14

Key dates — 2023-24 Championship season
The summer transfer window opened on June 14 and runs until 11pm on September 1.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

June 14

The summer transfer window opened on June 14 and runs until 11pm on September 1.

This is the point isn’t it?

We know we need players.. where are they?

And before anyone starts with ‘be patient’, don’t forget this is the same administration that’s just taken the club down.

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

June 14

oh wow, thanks this has made me ever so happy:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Pre season starts shortly and no firm bids for any of our players ( again). No transfer targets identified ( ignore the hack gossip ). This is becoming our normal way of business which has served us so well in the past. -  not!

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Pre season starts shortly and no firm bids for any of our players ( again). No transfer targets identified ( ignore the hack gossip ). This is becoming our normal way of business which has served us so well in the past. -  not!

there have been bids but theyve been well under value and the club will have targets in mind too

I’m hoping for some links to younger players with more potential. We seem to have completely abandoned the previously successful model of buy, develop, sell. 

We’re linked with older players who MIGHT get us promoted on probably 4 year contracts for high wages and transfer fees. 

It’s going to completely screw us should we be promoted or not. Hopefully the Coady and Winks signings are the “experience” we need and not the new norm.