Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

22 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Stick him on lower wages, keep him in the dressing room for this season. We can't just rely on Coady as the only leader at the club. 

Besides he can cover on the wings at at fullback if necessary late in the game. 

That's the whole point he went to West Brom though. He wanted to take his kids knowing he'll play and that won't always happen here

Edited by HybridFox

On 28/06/2023 at 10:21, wardyfox86 said:

I'm suddenly not so nervous about who leaves. There was a stagnation in the camp and with the names announced, although not hugely exciting, they seem right. Coady is an absolute coup on and off the pitch, exactly the kind of 1st signing to get me onside. Winks, although safe, is an instant upgrade on present day Ndidi.

Then, if we can get Piroe done and dusted, what a statement of intent that is! A few Man City loans in the right positions, then it could be argued we'd have a stronger XI than last season.

You say Winks is an "instant upgrade on present day Ndidi", which admittedly, isn't very good.. However, what are you basing that on? The Winks who played regularly under Poch? Because I'd assume two things there. The first being that isn't the Harry Winks we're getting or we wouldn't be getting him, and secondly, you haven't watched enough Sampdoria to know if "present day" Winks is an improvement on Ndidi at all?

That isn't to say Winks can't be a good signing, it's more the fact that no one on here (unless they watch Sampdoria week in, week out) really knows what we're getting. 

1 minute ago, CaliFOXnia said:

You say Winks is an "instant upgrade on present day Ndidi", which admittedly, isn't very good.. However, what are you basing that on? The Winks who played regularly under Poch? Because I'd assume two things there. The first being that isn't the Harry Winks we're getting or we wouldn't be getting him, and secondly, you haven't watched enough Sampdoria to know if "present day" Winks is an improvement on Ndidi at all?

That isn't to say Winks can't be a good signing, it's more the fact that no one on here (unless they watch Sampdoria week in, week out) really knows what we're getting. 

I've seen enough of Ndidi trying to play any form of possession football, terrible back passes, not offering a pass out from CB. I'm comfortable with my belief that Winks, in the Championship, will offer more. Especially if Enzo plays on a way that most think he will.

• Like 2

Given we again we will have a 25 man squad, at present very little is known of its eventual composition. Seems so much uncertainty 5 weeks out - both worrying and exciting.   Our DoF will have his hands full for next few weeks.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

9m is cheap! I imagine Sunderland want at least 15-20m for him.

Yep, not only would they want that, but also PL clubs are interested, and I think he is good enough. 

With Trafford gone, I hope we look elsewhere rather than going for Steffen

Would love for us to go for Andrew who plays for Gil Vicente in Portugal, only just turned 22 years old as well and I can't imagine he would be expensive

We failed with an attacking Brazilian, time to try a Brazilian keeper :thumbup:

image.png.c02eb262a3ac0f77954761fb782d7cf6.png

• Like 4

When's our first friendly? In two weeks? I'd expect there to be 3-4 new faces here by then, just a month until the season starts, I get we're probably not gonna have everyone here by then but there's still some way to go with the squad we currently have or rather don't

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With Trafford gone, I hope we look elsewhere rather than going for Steffen

Would love for us to go for Andrew who plays for Gil Vicente in Portugal, only just turned 22 years old as well and I can't imagine he would be expensive

We failed with an attacking Brazilian, time to try a Brazilian keeper :thumbup:

image.png.c02eb262a3ac0f77954761fb782d7cf6.png

Send to [email protected] 👍

Edited by Silebyfox_89

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

New GK

Souttar Coady Doyle

Justin.                          Thomas

Bernabe Winks KDH

Piroe.          Vardy

Yes please

Why do we seem almost incapable of selling any of our available players. Last year nothing happened and fees may have been turned down. All we completed were a couple of loans. This year (Maddison apart) we are still struggling to sell and have had to release for nothing those out of contract from last year.

It is vital that we start the coming season without any of the negativity that hung around last season. Certain players (no names) seemed to epitomise this more than others. I hope we are prepared to accept reasonable fees for most of these players.just to improve morale. It will be worth it eventually.

Meanwhile, I am hoping we do not get stuck with off-loading the unwanted. Unsaleable players do tend to hang around!!! (No loans or deals just straight fees please).

6 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

Why do we seem almost incapable of selling any of our available players. Last year nothing happened and fees may have been turned down. All we completed were a couple of loans. This year (Maddison apart) we are still struggling to sell and have had to release for nothing those out of contract from last year.

It is vital that we start the coming season without any of the negativity that hung around last season. Certain players (no names) seemed to epitomise this more than others. I hope we are prepared to accept reasonable fees for most of these players.just to improve morale. It will be worth it eventually.

Meanwhile, I am hoping we do not get stuck with off-loading the unwanted. Unsaleable players do tend to hang around!!! (No loans or deals just straight fees please).

We have repeatedly been told by the press that in the past (and quite possibly still doing it) we quote unrealistic transfer fees for seemingly unwanted players. You only have to see the transfer fees we seemingly part with and you can see we have an appetite to over pay and over charge. Mingin'

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have repeatedly been told by the press that in the past (and quite possibly still doing it) we quote unrealistic transfer fees for seemingly unwanted players. You only have to see the transfer fees we seemingly part with and you can see we have an appetite to over pay and over charge. Mingin'

How I would love to hear that we have sold one of our available players for 5M, 10M, 12M. To complete a rebuild this needs to happen multiple times. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LVFox said:

New GK

Souttar Coady Doyle

Bernabe Winks KDH

Piroe.          Vardy

Thomas won’t be a Leicester player come next season I’m pretty sure of it

20 hours ago, LVFox said:

New GK

Souttar Coady Doyle

Bernabe Winks KDH

Piroe.          Vardy

...this team is looking more and more vanilla by the second!!!

20 hours ago, LVFox said:

New GK

Souttar Coady Doyle

Bernabe Winks KDH

Piroe.          Vardy

Lacks a bit of X Factor, I'd go:

Iversen

Souttar

Coady

Doyle

Ricardo

Winks

KDH

VK

Piroe/Barnes

Daka/Vardy

Borges

24 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Lacks a bit of X Factor, I'd go:

Iversen

Souttar

Coady

Doyle

Ricardo

Winks

KDH

VK

Piroe/Barnes

Daka/Vardy

Borges

No Justin?

I can honestly see Justin starting as the RCB

With Coady/Souttar rotating as CB and Doyle LCB

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

No Justin?

I can honestly see Justin starting as the RCB

With Coady/Souttar rotating as CB and Doyle LCB

It was more that I didn't think he was as far along in his recovery as Ricardo, who has been back in the squad. Although I'm aware he's back for pre-season, I was under the impression we were looking at Oct/Nov for his return. Is that wrong?

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

It was more that I didn't think he was as far along in his recovery as Ricardo, who has been back in the squad. Although I'm aware he's back for pre-season, I was under the impression we were looking at Oct/Nov for his return. Is that wrong?

He could have played towards the end of last season but wasn’t in the squad. Probably a good thing for his recovery that he’s had longer without playing

• Like 1