Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSince88

Away v Villa Match Thread

21 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It would be very Rodgers to moan on and on and on about a refresh for the past 18 months, get the players in and then not play any of them tomorrow.

On 01/02/2023 at 06:36, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Souttar? "He's not ready just yet. Coming back from an injury like he has, and stepping up a level, it'll take time".

Tete? "For a young lad coming in to a new setup, without speaking the language, it's tough for him. Hopefully he'll be ready 1-2 weeks time".

Kristiensen? "Good for him to get minutes last week, but he's not ready yet."

There's nothing I love about FT like being told exactly what Rodgers is thinking  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Looks good, my only worry is the midfield and how it will operate without a “proper” DM.

If we can start strongly then hopefully our threat from the front 4 will be enough to make them a bit more cautious, and take a bit of pressure off of the midfield. Defending from the front, and keep the intensity all over the pitch. Mendy off the bench if things start getting dicey.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The absolute maniac he's gone and done it. 

Not convinced by the lack of holding midfielder. Think you have to sacrifice KDH (or Tielemans if you're so inclined) for someone that's going to actually protect the back four. 

But it's a hell of an improvement. 

Going to be hard for KDH going from being able to press at will to having to sit.

To believe he played DM at Luton on loan a few times, but totally different to the PL.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I take it we won't get on their backs when the defence looks like it hasn't played together and when Victor and Souttare look tired as they haven't played for weeks.

And when KDH plays crap as he's coming back from injury.

We’ll be 4-0 up and game over by then.

ATTACCCCCCKKKKK!

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Haha 2

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

Amartey must be injured surely Soyoncu doesn’t get on the bench before him by Brendan’s rational, also says Ndidi is out due to personal reasons. 

That's my figuring too. I wonder if Dan is injured and that's led to a Souttar being named, leaving Cags on the bench as ever.