Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Villa v Leicester 2-4 post match we’re back !!

Cracking away end; the best in a good few years. Credit to Rodgers, he got it tactically spot on. They made errors but we forced them to make the mistakes. New signings made a massive difference. Tete is different gravy, Kristiansen is hard as nails and Souttar looked assured after a shaky start. We can beat Spurs next week. 

Got the line up spot on. We were dodgy at the back and probably lucky to only let two in but I felt assured that we had enough at the other end to get us out of jail and that's the kind of chaos I think I can get behind. We looked like a side who can rack up the goals today. Easily our best attacking display of the season. Iheanacho's without doubt our best striker now, Tete was everything I hoped he'd be, Kristiansen arguably MOTM.

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

The last dozen or so times you have posted that, I've ignored it.  But at some point it needs addressed.

xG IS THE QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF CHANCES EXPRESSED AS A NUMBER.  There are shot-based and non-shot models.  No one is claiming a perfect quantification is possible.

Now if do you really think quantity and quality of chances are "absolutely meaningless" when discussing a match or a season, then carry on.

Meaningless in the same way that "possession" is meaningless when discussing the results and outcomes... see season 15/16. 

It is used to suggest how good or bad, how successful or deserving a team is, but in truth its just irrelevant pub talk that is being treated as something factual.

Its the football equivalent of the political..."Well...Its my opinion"

edit... but thats just my opinion :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not really sure what relevance you think that has to their performance today. 

Because they're a decent outfit and we deserve some credit for it. Obviously when we win though its because the opposition are dreadful. 🤣

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Good attacking display, and for parts looked like Rodgers had misplaced his “how to be cautious” notebook. Highly entertaining and very impressed with the new guys. Tete sometime looked Mahrez-like for his touch and skill.

We won’t go down with this lot.

Irrespective of the new signings we shouldn’t have been in a relegation battle at all, this win should be the first step in the journey back up the league table. We have the players , Rodgers just needs to stop tinkering and go for it, Come on Leicester!

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Huge win! I think it was impressive we did not concede in the second half, though we rode our luck at times in that respect.

All of the new signings were impressive. Souttar is the next in line of large bastards at the back after Huth and Maguire.

VK in my opinion is the most impressive signing we've made. To be that composed at 20 is very rare. He was put to the ultimate test by Bailey early doors but was superb throughout.

Tete is what this team would have looked like if we had Mahrez, Maddison and Tielemans at the same time. What a joy to watch.

Iheanacho was brilliant! Tactically it looked like we used him as a false 9, he dropped deep to link up play so that Barnes, Maddison and Tete could run past him. It worked brilliantly, but he should have bagged right at the beginning of the second half.

KDH was great whilst he was on too.

The only question mark for me is the midfield. With no out and out CDM in there I think there is too much room between the CBs and the back 4. Buendia had the freedom of Villa Park out there and almost made us pay. Perhaps we do need Ndidi in there to make it a bit tighter. That said, with Youri in there, we can play out of trouble more easily and he can make great forward passes. We scored 4 goals so there's something to be said there!

Result aside make no mistake we are in a relegation dogfight. Two goals conceded AGAIN is not a good look. Despite saying that, I think we defended quite well, but the issue is we give up too many chances.

Well said. 

It is a trade off. If we had Ndidi there, we may not have had 4 goals and in fact counterintuitively as we have seen time and time again we cannot beat the press with Ndidi there and we actually make more mistakes (lose the ball more in our own half) and concede more.  I much rather have Tielemans and KDH or Mendy there. Sorry but Ndidi to me just doesn’t cut it anymore unless he can somehow drastically improve his ball control and passing skills.

I think to me with Souttar there now I rather have Soyuncu back than to play Faes. He is a bit faster.  We also just need Tielemans, KDH and Maddison to play that much harder to close the gap. I actually thought we closed down well to prevent the long range shots. We just need to be better with the CBs but this is Souttar’s first game and hopefully we will improve there. 

Just now, scinnell said:

Keep that settled team now with only one change. Get the old form Ndidi back with the objective to only win the ball and we're cooking 🍳 

Yeah the classic Youri/Madders 8 with Ndidi behind needs resurrecting. Love KDH but it felt way too leaky yesterday for us to survive a team with better quality. 

• Like 2

That is a massive result, especially given that Everton and Wolves managed shock victories. Looks like the 3 new signings have given the club a big lift and hopefully we can build some positive momentum. What does excite me, is the next 3 games are arguable against teams where we will need to play a more counter attacking style which arguably will suit us and the likes of Barnes, Madders, Tete and Kels could cause some absolute carnage. I wouldn’t be shocked if we took a minimum

of 5 points from these 3 games. 

spurs are struggling at the moment, United without Casemiro will give us a chance to get at them and hurt them, whilst Arsenal will now be feeling the pressure after yesterdays defeat so hopefully we can capatalise on it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah the classic Youri/Madders 8 with Ndidi behind needs resurrecting. Love KDH but it felt way too leaky yesterday for us to survive a team with better quality. 

KDH was involved in all 4 goals ,so take his engine away....2-0 Aston Villa..

Posters love the easy cop out statement, but haven't a clue how to balance it out.

KDH will be one of the first on the teamsheet and rightly so.

Again some fans have chose the bolting horse,and think they have found a weakness....Football is about finding a balance, & individuals that can pump the side up...He's full off endeavour & not without a good eye for good movement....KDH stays, one foot or not!!

• Like 2