Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Villa v Leicester 2-4 post match we’re back !!

51 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Without Grealish they're weak in attack. Mings is a minger of a defender. They have no players that can change or influence a game. Don't forget that one of their goals came from an unfortunate deflection (at which point, many FT posters on the match thread ridiculously wanted BR sacked). They had no real dominance. We did look a bit shaky at times but also looked so much more positive going forward. The side to side passing across the back line was thankfully, no longer evident.

Also, take Ward away from our team. Shambolic, despite the 2 decent touches he had to deflect the ball which makes him look better than he is. 

No dominance in his box, a bigger flapper than a stranded whale. No confidence to organise and instruct his defence and when we concede he just looks blank. No shouting or having a go at the players that exposed him. Just... weak. Not the right characteristics for a top GK.

You do know they have more points than us?

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m going to miss this guy when he goes. Nearly as much as I miss Mahrez. 

How he isn’t our captain right now, I’ll never know. 

Yep he's turned into a top class player, and he's English. But I think Maddison is somewhat replaceable, whereas Mahrez was almost impossible to do so. Will be gutted to see him go though.

28 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m going to miss this guy when he goes. Nearly as much as I miss Mahrez. 

How he isn’t our captain right now, I’ll never know. 

Surely going to run away with our Pkayer of Year award again this season as well. When was the last time a player won it 2 seasons running?

Definitely think Maddison is our greatest player since the title winning players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

5 more wins needed to stay up. 4 and a couple of draws maybe...

Maybe I am being delusional but with a team THIS laden with attacking talent, surely we can muster up five more wins.

A proper defensive midfielder will help as well.

Kudos to Brendan for starting all the newbies, all did very well considering it is their first match in the Prem.

• Like 2

There was so much more space upfront today. Tete has literally revolutionised our team. 

Kristiensen is a player. He is full blooded which I ****ing love, he’s going to snap some legs that’s for sure, he leaves nothing out of those challenges. 

Souter I like a lot. Not a lot he could do about his goal, but he actually wins his headers, which is odd for a big chap. To step into a side and play like that for the first time was admirable.

Tete, wow, everything we needed…. He is MnS baked beans that kid. 

• Like 2

@Pliskin summed it up on Souttar. After the Vestergaard debacle, I was starting to question whether we'd had it wrong all these years that height was actually an asset when it comes to winning headers. Very refreshing, especially with Ward putting in a truly Sunday League performance at times. lol

A promising debut. Unlucky deflection for that OG, and I was fearing a second 'Faes moment' that would derail us, but he showed some real gonads to pick himself up and looked pretty solid for the rest of the game.

Anything that proves the Irish Guy wrong is a positive in my books. :whistle:

• Like 1

Today we were BACK.

The away end was superb even from long before the first whistle. It felt like a proper away end for the first time in a long time. Everyone was bang on it. 

Elements to improve on defensively, but this is the first time they've all played together and half of the defence wasn't fully fit either.

Kristiansen looks an absolute gem. Once we have Ricky back on the other side too... Wow. 

As for Tete... It's taken a long long time, but we have finally replaced Mahrez like-for-like. We need as many Brazil flags at every single game to persuade him that this is where he wants to come at the end of the season.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Today we were BACK.

The away end was superb even from long before the first whistle. It felt like a proper away end for the first time in a long time. Everyone was bang on it. 

Elements to improve on defensively, but this is the first time they've all played together and half of the defence wasn't fully fit either.

Kristiansen looks an absolute gem. Once we have Ricky back on the other side too... Wow. 

As for Tete... It's taken a long long time, but we have finally replaced Mahrez like-for-like. We need as many Brazil flags at every single game to persuade him that this is where he wants to come at the end of the season.

Replaced Mahrez like for like! Jesus, give him time!

😄

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Replaced Mahrez like for like! Jesus, give him time!

😄

Nah, I didn't mean in terms of ability. What I mean is what we finally have a competent inverted winger on the right hand side. It leads to us being so much more balanced.