Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Villa v Leicester 2-4 post match we’re back !!

Just now, taupe said:

Not the best of games (well, I couldn't enjoy it as such) but I love the result. The 3 new guys looked good, a much needed result. We look much more balanced and Tete is obviously a threat and much needed weapon in our armoury. 

You kidding 3 new players intergrating in the team, Nachos first or second start, Maddison back it was a great match and result 

• Like 4

Positives,   A much needed Win and 3 points.

The new lads done good.                  

Some good movement in forward positions.

Negatives,   Ward very suspect

We gave away possession too easy at times.

Still more work on the training ground should improve that.

Onwards and Upwards we go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Huge win! I think it was impressive we did not concede in the second half, though we rode our luck at times in that respect.

All of the new signings were impressive. Souttar is the next in line of large bastards at the back after Huth and Maguire.

VK in my opinion is the most impressive signing we've made. To be that composed at 20 is very rare. He was put to the ultimate test by Bailey early doors but was superb throughout.

Tete is what this team would have looked like if we had Mahrez, Maddison and Tielemans at the same time. What a joy to watch.

Iheanacho was brilliant! Tactically it looked like we used him as a false 9, he dropped deep to link up play so that Barnes, Maddison and Tete could run past him. It worked brilliantly, but he should have bagged right at the beginning of the second half.

KDH was great whilst he was on too.

The only question mark for me is the midfield. With no out and out CDM in there I think there is too much room between the CBs and the back 4. Buendia had the freedom of Villa Park out there and almost made us pay. Perhaps we do need Ndidi in there to make it a bit tighter. That said, with Youri in there, we can play out of trouble more easily and he can make great forward passes. We scored 4 goals so there's something to be said there!

Result aside make no mistake we are in a relegation dogfight. Two goals conceded AGAIN is not a good look. Despite saying that, I think we defended quite well, but the issue is we give up too many chances.

Don't think there has been a post on here that I've agreed with more. 

Litteraly, my thoughts exactly. 

• Thanks 1

I thought before the game when I saw team, looked a good squad and result beared that out, Rodgers got it right too today with his subs and seem to play them at the right time too, so credit where credit due.

Just goes to show that when we get it all right, we are a pretty decent side, Spurs next, bring it on 

We wouldn’t have won that without the new players.

Victor very solid and physical.

Tete just magic. Absolutely brilliant. A ludicrous upgrade on Perez 🤣 

Souttar was decent as well and a good presence despite the OG.

And the return of Iheanacho, and Maddison fit and looking good.

We’re certainly cooking again.

Steady on it is only one game, some on here are getting a bit carried away and it is understandable, because we need the hope put back into our club.  

Perhaps Brendon was just waiting for a couple of wingers to start Nacho, his masterplan was foiled at the start of the season, we just failed to see it:ph34r:.