Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Villa v Leicester 2-4 post match we’re back !!

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The last dozen or so times you have posted that, I've ignored it.  But at some point it needs addressed.

xG IS THE QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF CHANCES EXPRESSED AS A NUMBER.  There are shot-based and non-shot models.  No one is claiming a perfect quantification is possible.

Now if do you really think quantity and quality of chances are "absolutely meaningless" when discussing a match or a season, then carry on.

It’s too subjective for me. Who decides what is a chance? Is a shot from 10 yards easier than a shot From 20 yards. What about the angle of the shot or if it is blocked etc? Maths to me is an exact science. This just seems a bit of a gimmick to me, but if someone can genuinely improve performance on the field by using it, then good luck to them.

We need to keep following the old blueprint. Fresh additions to the squad keep everyone on their toes and the whole team looks more vibrant and up for it.

Getting it right is tricky but we have to remain active in the transfer market both as a buying and selling club. Having new players maybe keeps Rodgers' voice more relevant as well. If we keep the squad churning over, we may see the better side of Brendan more often and for a longer duration.

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I remain convinced it’s just completely made up.

21 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The last dozen or so times you have posted that, I've ignored it.  But at some point it needs addressed.

xG IS THE QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF CHANCES EXPRESSED AS A NUMBER.  There are shot-based and non-shot models.  No one is claiming a perfect quantification is possible.

Now if do you really think quantity and quality of chances are "absolutely meaningless" when discussing a match or a season, then carry on.

So it is made up, then. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tete will offer our centre mid so much more than they are used to. We've been predictable in directing all our wing play down the left all season to Barnes and now we can mix things up both directions. 

Barnes will also need to learn to cover as he now has a full back who wants to overlap at ever opportunity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Shows what Brendan can do when he’s backed 

Considering the guy who assisted 2 and scored 1, has been set on the bench for the last 2 years, Brendan still had enough tools at his disposal to do a better job. No doubt though, Tete and Victor are a massive improvement.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Very odd, though Thomas for VK was possibly even stranger as VK still looked full of running. 

I thought VK was tiring, appeared even to have a bit of soreness. He'd handled his duties perfectly and kept them quiet, I reckon Rodgers was perhaps concerned Thomas wouldn't do so well so decided to double up (with Cags) whilst stiffening up at the back. We were dealing with a lot of incoming and I personally thought we were hanging on. 

59 minutes ago, Izzy said:

To those 'supporters' on here who've said recently that they won't watch us again while BR is still in charge, you missed a hell of a game.

I have been watching LCFC for 60 years now & even though I can't Rodgers I will always watch every game .