Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Villa v Leicester 2-4 post match we’re back !!

18 minutes ago, The_77 said:

And Nigerian flags. The Seniorman was phenomenal.

It would be a nice touch by the club to have some of those honesty flags reflecting the multi national nature of our team/owners and the wider Leicester population

Nigeria 

Brazil

Belgium

Denmark

Thailand

Senegal/Wales/Zambia

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get it, I really do, as that was massively enjoyable! We just need to see if these extra capabilities are a new direction of travel as I am sure, despite the exciting anxiousness, everyone would want. Was this previously beyond us? Did we need these signings to make it work? Not sure, certainly we have not had a player similar to Tete for a while, and it was a very pleasant surprise to se them all start today!  lol

I think the signings help, especially Tete as another outlet up front. Shame about the OG for Souttar.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that was were crap in August (window open) and again after the World Cup to now (window upcoming and open). 

Probably a symptom of unsettled players and yes, Brendan’s negativity which now he has his signings, he seemed more chirpy this week! 

Hopefully they can all pull together and pull in the right direction now we know where we stand until the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think the signings help, especially Tete as another outlet up front. Shame about the OG for Souttar.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that was were crap in August (window open) and again after the World Cup to now (window upcoming and open). 

Probably a symptom of unsettled players and yes, Brendan’s negativity which now he has his signings, he seemed more chirpy this week! 

Hopefully they can all pull together and pull in the right direction now we know where we stand until the summer.

Just hope we either nab Lafont as soon as the Summer window opens or pre-sign that young Turkish keeper for the Summer

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Really important confidence booster today and great signs from some of the new players, even Souttar who was desperately unlucky. 

Important we don't get carried away though. I don't want to be a buzz kill but Villa were utterly atrocious defensively. We've had false dawns before against abysmal teams that have been backed up by crashing back down to earth. 

If we keep that front four together for a solid run though they'll be deadly. Shame Madders is probably playing his last few months for us. 

Villa were second in the form table before today.

17 minutes ago, Manini said:

Some game that. I’m away ta get me Stella…poured 

Did I beat you to it!  Mind you I'm open to accusations of being a wuss as it has a splash of lime cordial in it.

In the View Hotel on the front in Eastbourne but as a ST holder I'll be there next week 

image.png.8290a8fc4a8ca8cd2be2bcb83c0c4194.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Your estimation of me posting it a dozen times is about as accurate as xG.

And creating chances isn't meaningless, the stat literally makes no sense.

Villa missed an absolute sitter in the first half and scored 2 goals, yet they're expected to score 1.7 (which isn't actually possible)?

It's a totally flawed stat, that makes absolutely no sense.

Yet people are fascinated it.

There are plenty of factual stats that portray a game more accurately.

Possession areas, touches in opposition box, shots, shots on target...you know, things that actually exist?

Hey up, Richard Keys is here

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not really sure what relevance you think that has to their performance today. 

One team playing at home having been on a winning streak, the other away having lost a few, confidence in this league separates the team that are 7th from 14th, the ability gap is marginal.

• Like 1