Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

8 minutes ago, so1 said:

No time for flair in the Premier League. All about efficiency and speed. If you want to see flair watch the lesser leagues on youtube. Plenty of time and space to roam for the show ponies.

It's a good job we're such an efficient and speedy team then. On the plus side, if we keep following our current trajectory we won't have to take to YouTube if we want a taste of the lower leagues and all our flair players will have left anyway.

3 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

Another Under perhaps with similar traits?

Possibly, but the chances of getting a tricky attacking winger with the ability to continually track back and be an ace defender are limited. He's no Cafu but in fairness, how many are? Play players in a way to realise their best attributes and stop trying to make clones of the ideal all rounder. There's 10 other players on the pitch, surely we can afford the odd purely attacking player. 

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

Great on his debut against Villa. Progressively worse each game thereafter and utter dross today.

Welcome to life under our ‘elite manager/great coach’.

Yep, he sure managed to knock any thoughts of running at people out of him. He'd have nailed Cafu's foot to his own corner flag!

Too early to write him off but then he might only be here until May anyway so there isn't going to be a great deal to judge him from. I'm a bit disappointed I can't lie, but then I think we're a fundamentally broken side, badly coached into an ineffective style of play so there's a small benefit of the doubt to give those who aren't quite clicking.

Not rubbish but just hoped for a little more. He's gotten progressively worse.

• Like 2

Do not know if I can blame him for yesterdays performance, we were very negative, said to one of my mates that it looked like we were playing for a draw, which is totally the wrong thing to try with sir drop a lot the star shaped clanger in goal.

If there's one thing I've learnt about FT in my 3 or 4 years of posting here is is to never get excited when we sign an obscure  foreign attacking player. I knew it when we signed this lad and called it. 

The hipsters who've watched Daka, Under, this lad  on FIFA and  via betting streams basically, it seems, know sweet FA about the game

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hammo said:

Great on his debut against Villa. Progressively worse each game thereafter and utter dross today.

Welcome to life under our ‘elite manager/great coach’.

Not everything is down to the manager. Players are responsible too. 

Tete wouldn’t be the first to have a decent debut then after that just look poor, and he does look poor. 

• Like 1

Least one of the big boys are not going to come knocking in summer :D 

if he can turn it on against teams outside the top 6 then still might be good to get us out of relegation. Hopefully he has found his level i think a timid 22 year old mahrez would of been similar in his first taste of premier league.

Edited by les-tah

Do people not remember Riyad’s first season in the PL? It’s a tough transition.

Think some of the reactions are over the top. Poor yesterday, but let’s judge him after this next run of games against mostly ‘poorer’ sides.

I do believe I’ve seen glimpses that make me confident that he’ll show up better in the coming weeks!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

people not remember Riyad’s first season in the PL? It’s a tough transition

41 minutes ago, les-tah said:

think a timid 22 year old mahrez would of been similar in his first taste of premier league

I sympathise with the points but this guy isn't in any way comparable to Mahrez. 

Even in the first season, Mahrez was quick and skilful and could score goals. Lightweight - yes. But his talent was there for all the see (for those who looked hard enough) 

There are subtle things you can look for in a player from the get go that are indicators of (hidden) talent. I looked v Spurs, Man U and yesterday and this lad has none of the green flags I look for. Not his fault. Manager's fault, 100% for picking him and then not substituting him 

26 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I sympathise with the points but this guy isn't in any way comparable to Mahrez. 

Even in the first season, Mahrez was quick and skilful and could score goals. Lightweight - yes. But his talent was there for all the see (for those who looked hard enough) 

There are subtle things you can look for in a player from the get go that are indicators of (hidden) talent. I looked v Spurs, Man U and yesterday and this lad has none of the green flags I look for. Not his fault. Manager's fault, 100% for picking him and then not substituting him 

Tete might be stay rubbish yes who knows.

but disagree on Mahrez.. timing is everything and if you stick a weak 22 year old mahrez in the premier league then he likely never becomes the player he is today regardless of talent.

Edited by les-tah

Tetê has played 17 Champions League games and has been playing top-flight football for several years in Ukraine and France. Not really comparable to Mahrez who'd been playing Ligue 2 football at Le Havre and had had a trial at St Mirren. I don't think it's unreasonable to be slightly underwhelmed so far although it's still early days.

People need to chill out… 

He was great against Aston Villa, looked very dangerous all of the first half against United and did nothing yesterday in the most defensive and negative set up I have ever seen in a home game (nobody did anything of note) 

We are never going to find another Mahrez, but this guy has the potential to be magic. Give him a chance🇧🇷

• Like 1

He hasn't made the immediate impact I'd hoped for, but the past few games are not the ones to judge him by. Southampton game I would expect to see him make a true impact. The reality is we are a poor side at the moment, and Maddison and Tielemans not being in the side have completely snuffed out any creativity. 

• Like 1

I didn’t go to Aston Villa so can only judge him off the three games I have seen him in.

He’s looked lazy and disinterested for the most part. 

Yesterday, despite him being a decent size, we ended up with a bizarre situation where our central striker was having to pull onto the wing as the aerial target for our long balls.

• Like 2