Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

This thread sums up FoxesTalk in a nutshell.

How many times do we have to calm down “cult status” and on the flip side “they’re garbage”.

Tete would probably be disappointed with his influence/impact on recent games but he has ENOUGH traits to be a good to very good PL winger.

Comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces? Check

Likes running at defenders? Check

Has the pace to run past defenders/defensive line? Check

Coming in new as a defender is MUCH easier than a player expected to change how we attack - the lack of attacks down the right hand side highlight this, it’s still foreign to our players having an outlet on the right.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

*This does not include yesterday, but I still think it is incredibly harsh for people to write him off when 3 of his 4 games have been against the league leaders, 3rd, and 4th

It is harsh but sadly it's not wrong. 

Kristensen and Souttar have played in the same games and been largely impressive (even allowing for an own goal and an off the knee ricochet that led to a goal from each) ....and I would argue it is harder for a defender to enter a team than attacker, where one error can be brutally punished. 

It happens. It was a gamble but it's a boo boo of a signing. The signs weren't good when a weak Lyon were happy to get rid. Move on. At least it's not a permanent transfer. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Kristensen and Souttar have played in the same games and been largely impressive (even allowing for an own goal and an off the knee ricochet that led to a goal from each) ....and I would argue it is harder for a defender to enter a team than attacker, where one error can be brutally punished. 

It happens. It was a gamble but it's a boo boo of a signing. The signs weren't good when a weak Lyon were happy to get rid. Move on. At least it's not a permanent transfer. 

Tete was arguably the best of the 3 against Villa and looked very good again in the opening 30 minutes against Man Utd - probably our best of the 3 in that game as well with the whole team bombing in the 2nd half.

Whilst Souttar looked alright yesterday on another day he gives away a pen on Saka and did get done for the goal, Kristiansen also had a poor game defensively against Man Utd.

So it isn't like he has been WAY behind the other 2 performance wise.

I have seen more than enough from him at Shakhtar, Lyon, and the 4 games with us so far to believe he deserves more time rather than already thinking he is just another Under or Ghezzal.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, CloudFox said:

He hasn't made the immediate impact I'd hoped for, but the past few games are not the ones to judge him by. Southampton game I would expect to see him make a true impact. The reality is we are a poor side at the moment, and Maddison and Tielemans not being in the side have completely snuffed out any creativity. 

Literally scored on his debut and was part of an exciting victory in that Villa game lollol 

If that's not an immediate impact, what is? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

im not writing Tete off at all, think him and Ricky P could be the one down the right

Totally agree far too many writing this lad off already it’s bizzare how some think he can just come into a totally new to him  more physical comprehensive league which some take ages to get used to, even Jamie Vardy struggled when he first came to us his first year wasn’t exactly amazing but he got on with it learned his role and became the Goat we all respect & love today 

Tete has shown amazing flair was amazing against the Vile got his debut goal showed us glimpses of what we can expect from him, every game he plays is one step nearer his best another step nearer getting to grips with this demanding league ( and fans !)

Give the lad a bit of time back him not slate him I feel the same as @FrankieADZ  that Ricky P will be the ideal partner to play alongside to very talented players who can drop in play off each other and terrorise defences, give the lad a chance to shine don’t write him off yet he’ll be amazing in the months to come !:ph34r:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Totally agree far too many writing this lad off already it’s bizzare how some think he can just come into a totally new to him  more physical comprehensive league which some take ages to get used to, even Jamie Vardy struggled when he first came to us his first year wasn’t exactly amazing but he got on with it learned his role and became the Goat we all respect & love today 

Tete has shown amazing flair was amazing against the Vile got his debut goal showed us glimpses of what we can expect from him, every game he plays is one step nearer his best another step nearer getting to grips with this demanding league ( and fans !)

Give the lad a bit of time back him not slate him I feel the same as @FrankieADZ  that Ricky P will be the ideal partner to play alongside to very talented players who can drop in play off each other and terrorise defences, give the lad a chance to shine don’t write him off yet he’ll be amazing in the months to come !:ph34r:

lets not forget, hes been thrown in at the deep end too, 3 out of his 4 starts have been against top 4 teams, and coming upto the speed of the premier would be hard too against teams like them imo

• Like 3

I don't think he has been bad, he certainly has been more threatening than Perez or Albrighton. The problem is that he was massively overhyped by many on here. A few were claiming he was going to be a huge difference, and it's those same few who are now taking exception when others are saying, quite rightly, that he's not as outstanding as we were being told by them. For what it's worth, his numbers in the Ukrainian League were similar to Barnes's in the Premier League. Which shows just how some are willing to overrate him because of his Nationality. His presence is offering us a bigger threat currently than his ability. This hype surrounding him wasn't the same when we brought in Lookman, who is currently proving to be a better player. 

27 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah. It seems like we're using him to give Barnes space currently

...if that really is the thinking, then what is the point of bringing him in, if it is solely to occupy the thoughts of the opposition, so another team mate on the far side can shine!!!

Letting him see the ball every now and then to keep him relevant. 

These games are where your new recruit should be absolutely ready to showcase what he can do, only to be neutered by the manager who sees him only as a foil.

10 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't think he has been bad, he certainly has been more threatening than Perez or Albrighton. The problem is that he was massively overhyped by many on here. A few were claiming he was going to be a huge difference, and it's those same few who are now taking exception when others are saying, quite rightly, that he's not as outstanding as we were being told by them. For what it's worth, his numbers in the Ukrainian League were similar to Barnes's in the Premier League. Which shows just how some are willing to overrate him because of his Nationality. His presence is offering us a bigger threat currently than his ability. This hype surrounding him wasn't the same when we brought in Lookman, who is currently proving to be a better player. 

...Lookman on the right was not effective for us, and was more proficient on the left, when Barnes was failing to deliver!!!

My first look at Tete, before he signed for Lyon was of an electric player, with great wing playing quality and a player just within our reach. The most recent views are prior  to him signing for us, and he looks not much to write home about. I have seen what he can do, I hope he gets back to who he was.

6 minutes ago, Sacrebleuits442 said:

...Lookman on the right was not effective for us, and was more proficient on the left, when Barnes was failing to deliver!!!

My first look at Tete, before he signed for Lyon was of an electric player, with great wing playing quality and a player just within our reach. The most recent views are prior  to him signing for us, and he looks not much to write home about. I have seen what he can do, I hope he gets back to who he was.

This is the premiership , they are not going to let you play if they can help it. Wide men who consistently (and that is the word) cause damage are very few. One season wonders or even the odd match types are more common. Tete can contribute but is unlikely to set the PL on fire.

Fans getting on Tête case…just sit back and wait,you impatient bar stewards, let him first get use to Abbey park & Braggy fresh air,and time to find a good local where ALL his entourage will fit in, & enjoy a good vindaloo..

Not forgetting a good dolloping of Tete a Tete at Bruciannis…

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Fans getting on Tête case…just sit back and wait,you impatient bar stewards, let him first get use to Abbey park & Braggy fresh air,and time to find a good local where ALL his entourage will fit in, & enjoy a good vindaloo..

Not forgetting a good dolloping of Tete a Tete at Bruciannis

...are they still going!!!

6 minutes ago, Sacrebleuits442 said:

...are they still going!!!

Good question…fox lane,never will be the same again….

youngsters losing out on ice cream sodas,iced buns, tete a Tete, knickerbockerglory,toasted tea cakes,eclairs, & pasties.

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

But it is wrong. When we’re on the back foot it’s defenders who feature most. Attacking players will shine more when we are doing most of the attacking,

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Good question…fox lane,never will be the same again….

youngsters losing out on ice cream sodas,iced buns, tete a Tete, knickerbockerglory,toasted tea cakes,eclairs, & pasties.

My wonderfull past memories gone into @davieG history books

8 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

United took Antony off today and bought on Sancho…….that’s the league we are competing in…..

...we are not competing with them!!!

Those prices are out of our reach, but we can't just throw up our hands and say we are not good enough, Chelsea have spent more but are floundering, we can look to compete, 38 games, they have to play the same, let's see where we are at the end of it.

Guest TheBear

Tete vs. Villa (less than a week training under Brendan) Fearless, taking on players.

Tete vs. Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal (following a full week training under Brendan) - scared to take anyone on, cutting back inside and laying it sideways and backwards.

The problem isn't the player. It's the instructions he's being given by this fraud of a manager.

Edited by TheBear