Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

When the team is so disconnected, then no winger will shine. For wingers to shine they need a solid base behind them. Our base last night was sickeningly feeble. This means that Tete and Barnes are pretty much always getting the ball on the back foot. Think Mahrez, outstanding when the team was solid, but looked clueless when we were poor defensively bar the odd moment of magic. You’ll never see the true potential of Tete while held back by these appalling tactics. 

• Like 2

More than able and willing to take any flak for Tete's perceived lack of ability because I will defend him to the hilt on that. He's got plenty of technical ability, his first touch is immaculate, he's quick, skillful and has end product.

His 3 home games for us are nowhere near what he is capable of. He has to take some responsibility for that, but at this stage and given it seems clear the Villa and Spurs games were the outlier for this team as opposed to the norm then the issues run far deeper than the individual.

I've got to laugh about last night. He started the game well, then as we saw from the whole team we were ran ragged until Iheanacho and Mendy were brought on and for the next 10 minutes or so Tete got more involved and delivered some positive switches of play, the first signs of any attacking threat we'd had since we'd gone behind.

Rodgers then inexplicably subs him and the shape of the team most certainly wasn't stronger as a result. 

Tete will go right to the very top, he'll be a successful winger in one of the top 5 European leagues for many years. If that doesn't happen here, he won't be the reason for it. We are an abomination right now, it's like blaming a Michelin chef for an unpleasant meal at a restaurant in a war zone.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

More than able and willing to take any flak for Tete's perceived lack of ability because I will defend him to the hilt on that. He's got plenty of technical ability, his first touch is immaculate, he's quick, skillful and has end product.

His 3 home games for us are nowhere near what he is capable of. He has to take some responsibility for that, but at this stage and given it seems clear the Villa and Spurs games were the outlier for this team as opposed to the norm then the issues run far deeper than the individual.

I've got to laugh about last night. He started the game well, then as we saw from the whole team we were ran ragged until Iheanacho and Mendy were brought on and for the next 10 minutes or so Tete got more involved and delivered some positive switches of play, the first signs of any attacking threat we'd had since we'd gone behind.

Rodgers then inexplicably subs him and the shape of the team most certainly wasn't stronger as a result. 

Tete will go right to the very top, he'll be a successful winger in one of the top 5 European leagues for many years. If that doesn't happen here, he won't be the reason for it. We are an abomination right now, it's like blaming a Michelin chef for an unpleasant meal at a restaurant in a war zone.

With you on all this, there seems to have been some action taken since Brendan classed our two biggest wins of the season as "chaotic" to calm the team down and stop playing the kind of football that lets our flair players shine.

• Like 1

They will still be talking about the next Mahrez in twenty years on here. Don't worry the annoying French/Algerian will want his job back in two or three years. Personally I would tell him to clear off. Tete is a useful wide man , just lower your expectations. Anyway we have a bigger problem in midfield at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

He isa relic 

..I  cannot agree with you on that, very good coach who found himself in a situation where his contract with us would be in jeopardy if it did not work out for him as a manager!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

On 01/03/2023 at 12:08, Itsthejoeker said:

Mahrez played some shocking games for us, give this lad time. 

Yeah against the bottom team in the Prem he needs more time his decision making today was like the team collectively awful