Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

Garbage. It isn't even a discussion. 

Apologies as I vent on well meaning hipsters, sipping craft beer. But it's a classic case of them knowing loads but knowing nothing - not dissimilar to me in an art gallery admiring a drawing. In reality I'm just saying it's good as it's in an art gallery, was painted by a Japanese woman ergo it must be good.  

They watch these  dullard European leagues of a Sunday night. Or spend their afternoons watching lcfctv u/23 stream and say half of the players are oven ready to replace Tielemans. 9 times out of 10 those who know the game can spot a player a mile off, within minutes. Seconds sometimes. This lad ain't a player in a million years. And nor are those pair of lads who played at Gillingham. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KingsX said:

FFS.  Our attack in the first half was set up to give Tete the ball in space, exactly where wingers want it, and he got it and wasted it over and over.  He was handed many opportunities to "express himself" on a plate, and was absolutely shocking.

He had a bad game today but overall I don’t think he’s as bad as some say !

I get that he’s been poor for the majority of his game time but he’s shown some flashes of real quality, he was starting to get some joy when he had an intelligent footballer in Praet holding space on the left tonight. He needs to improve his first touch, he can’t get away with his current technique of purposefully pushing the ball away from his body as he takes it. It might work in France but in England you don’t get that time. His control and the first touch has to be tighter and quicker. Whatever, the fact is he’s still better than any other option we currently have available and I’ll reiterate, you can say he was shit tonight but he was still way better than Vardy. His substitution upset the balance of the team, inexplicably dragging Maddison onto the left when he is best central and moving Praet who’d been finding good space on the left across onto the right all to bring on an immobile Vardy. 

• Like 2

Starting to resemble a left-footed Perez - just as lightweight and easy to shrug off the ball. It looks like he can’t be doing with Rodgers’ stifling tactics - or is confused by them - and wishes he’d stayed in France.

Another one Rodgers got wrong

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Starting to resemble a left-footed Perez - just as lightweight and easy to shrug off the ball. It looks like he can’t be doing with Rodgers’ stifling tactics - or is confused by them - and wishes he’d stayed in France.

Another one Rodgers got wrong

Did Rodgers sign him?

Thought Glover was responsible as he’d also been chasing whilst at Southampton.

46 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Fast running out of patience with him. Quite clearly has skill but he is so far behind the pace of the game it is ridiculous. Needs to learn that you can not have 10 extra touches in this league.

Under couldn't get anywhere near and I see similarities that they can not play 1 touch football.

Needs to go to a secondary European league where it is slow enough for him to do the flashy showboating. 

He has marginally more skill than I show each week at 5 a side. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hammo said:

You think he had no input? Dream on.

Got the idea he’s been sidelined from the ‘the club will tell me when they’ve signed a player’ comment.

He may of course have some input but this isn’t a Vestergard type signing, Glover is clearly a fan.

I expected him to be more attack minded, cutting inside and taking shots with his left foot, like he did against Spurs. He spent a lot of this game, trying to take Walker Peters on the outside and crossing with his right foot. If that was the plan, we should've just kept Albrighton. 

Edited by sm1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Garbage. It isn't even a discussion. 

Apologies as I vent on well meaning hipsters, sipping craft beer. But it's a classic case of them knowing loads but knowing nothing - not dissimilar to me in an art gallery admiring a drawing. In reality I'm just saying it's good as it's in an art gallery, was painted by a Japanese woman ergo it must be good.  

They watch these  dullard European leagues of a Sunday night. Or spend their afternoons watching lcfctv u/23 stream and say half of the players are oven ready to replace Tielemans. 9 times out of 10 those who know the game can spot a player a mile off, within minutes. Seconds sometimes. This lad ain't a player in a million years. And nor are those pair of lads who played at Gillingham. 

Not gonna lie, this post made me laugh. Cheers.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Unfortunately we’re currently seeing the version Lyon saw since about October time, an indifferent player who has a good game about every 1 in 4.

So you’re saying he’s going to have a blinder against Chelsea?

tom-sizemore-grin.gif

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

I expected him to be more attack minded, cutting inside and taking shots with his left foot, like he did against Spurs. He spent a lot of this game, trying to take Walker Peters on the outside and crossing with his right foot. If that was the plan, we should've just kept Albrighton. 

...that is what you would have expected from him!!!

Cutting in and shooting across the keeper would be meat and drink for him but he seems to want to go on the outside. I can understand mixing up your game but surely you are boxing yourself in sticking to that process. He is either playing to instruction or stifling his own game.