Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

14 hours ago, sm1 said:

I expected him to be more attack minded, cutting inside and taking shots with his left foot, like he did against Spurs. He spent a lot of this game, trying to take Walker Peters on the outside and crossing with his right foot. If that was the plan, we should've just kept Albrighton. 

Yes thought this myself, I even had to check if he really was left footed 

• 1 month later...

Seemed to realise the urgency and tried to make things happen, he’s “slippery” rather than overly skilful, avoids challenges without necessarily beating his man but got his final ball in a few times, over 90 minutes one or two of those would fall to someone in the box, not great but we know a bit more about him now, he wasn’t as anonymous as he has been.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Pretty rubbish again to be fair. But stleast he showed some desire. Just not very good  

I think he just needs to get use to the league, i see something in him and I liked that, despite being a loan player, he put in more effort than most 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 4

agree with those that said he came

on realizing the urgency to get a goal. He was moving the ball quickly and getting attacks started. I’m not gonna beat the kid up he tried his best. Just too little too late. I blame the two clueless guys in charge.

we have lost even the crumbs of good play we showed against spurs and villa earlier.

just out of sorts now clutching at straws

• Like 1

Do we think Smith will start him, and if so, more importantly, can he get him firing either with assists or goals (or both)?

He was clearly good for Grealish and had a positive effect on his development. 

Hopefully he can get the same out of our wingers, with the support from Pereira and Kristiansen. 

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If, as I've seen reported, Smith wants us moving through the lines quicker, Tete could be in his element - being able to run at players 

defends well for a winger as well, which smith will like as he wants to defend and counter 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do we think Smith will start him, and if so, more importantly, can he get him firing either with assists or goals (or both)?

He was clearly good for Grealish and had a positive effect on his development. 

Hopefully he can get the same out of our wingers, with the support from Pereira and Kristiansen. 

...significantly Smith had Grealish playing out wide left and Maddison has been used also from a wide position!!!

Can he develop Maddison to fit this role and vacate the middle of the park.

Grealish had Terry as his mentor and you wonder if that same relationship could happen between the two. Rodgers not being there on a day to day basis could leave a vacuum which Maddison would need to fill.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...significantly Smith had Grealish playing out wide left and Maddison has been used also from a wide position!!!

Can he develop Maddison to fit this role and vacate the middle of the park.

Grealish had Terry as his mentor and you wonder if that same relationship could happen between the two. Rodgers not being there on a day to day basis could leave a vacuum which Maddison would need to fill.

Interesting enough, I'm sure Shakey played Nacho in the #10 role, so if Maddison did go wide right, would Nacho play centrally? 

If we can get the ball to Tete/Barnes and get them 1 on 1 running at defenders they will be a handful for most teams in this league.

Under Rodgers they were both held back to some extent by our slow passive build up.