Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We simply cannot afford to have a non participating passenger for 98% of the game. We basically play with 10 men when he's around. This isn't an exaggeration. 

The lad looks bewildered. 

To be fair that seems to be his natural expression..

I thought he was alright today. He looked like he could make something happen. When you've spent all season watching Ward, Amartey and Thomas look so far out of their depth, I feel the criticism of Tete is a little harsh. Granted, he's not been great for us, but I think he's got something to contribute until the end of the season. Personally I thought KDH had a bit of a stinker when he came on.

• Like 1

He is too one footed and doesn’t seem to have the pace one on one. He looks better cutting inside and opening up for a pass. That would allow the right back to overlap into the space (if we had enough midfield cover to allow both full backs to overlap) 

I wouldn’t dismiss him based on what I’ve seen thus far but neither do I think he’s the answer to our right hand side problem 

On 15/04/2023 at 22:58, Fox92 said:

He does the same thing every time, outside the defender then shoot at a silly angle.

Another player that will hopefully be moved on.

...you wonder what is stopping him from coming inside the defender!!!

Pretty sure he has the skillset to do so, and shooting across the keeper, into the far corner. We are not getting the best out of him while he continues to go through the motion, and he has to adjust,  in order to find a way to be more productive for the team.

Possibly being on the half turn may allow his first movement to go central, where the defender will no longer be set to show him  the outside. These things are not insurmountable, but the player and the playing staff has to recognise there is a problem in the first place. 

Guest Col city fan

Apart from the debut, I think he’s been generally rubbish really.

Not sure if there’s more to come, or not.

He was alright. If you’re adapting to a new league and joining a team who are underperforming it’s always going to be tough.

I can’t see the club paying 17.5m for him though. Too much of a gamble at that money. Given the Ukraine situation he might end up on loan again here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It would be easier to assess him if there weren't so many on here still looking for the holy bloody Mahrez. As every year goes by it gets more pathetic.

...he doesn't have to be that quality, just competent in the position!!!

The frustration is that we failed to find anyone to take up a position that was so fundamental to our success. Why it has taken so long I do not know,  but other teams have brought players in at a fraction of the price for Mahrez.

Olise might be an option if we stay up, Eze could well be another  and Ovie Ejaria could be a stand in for Barnes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he doesn't have to be that quality, just competent in the position!!!

The frustration is that we failed to find anyone to take up a position that was so fundamental to our success. Why it has taken so long I do not know,  but other teams have brought players in at a fraction of the price for Mahrez.

Olise might be an option if we stay up, Eze could well be another  and Ovie Ejaria could be a stand in for Barnes.

We are never going back to that sort of football which fundamentally relied on the lethality of two high class players. Its history and the continual search for the next Vardy and Mahrez is an exercise in futility. Tete is unlikely to stay with us anyway and our main target should be a powerful central striker that Barnes and Iheanacho can play off.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We are never going back to that sort of football which fundamentally relied on the lethality of two high class players. Its history and the continual search for the next Vardy and Mahrez is an exercise in futility. Tete is unlikely to stay with us anyway and our main target should be a powerful central striker that Barnes and Iheanacho can play off.

...once again, I am not looking for a Mahrez quality player,  just someone who balances the team and can stretch the opposition!!!

Tete does not have to match Barnes scoring records, just be a threat on the right, which creates the space for Barnes as not so many closing him down.

If there was an obsession it seems to be stemming from yourself as you constantly allude to us chasing a player of that ilk. I previously suggested three players two who are in the Premier League and one in the championship. Cost was £9.3m and £17.3m for the prem players. It is not breaking the bank and players perfectly available to be acquired, at more than reasonable prices.

• Like 1