Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

I think he was better on Saturday. Closer to the levels he showed on his debut, though it's massively helped by him getting service and defensive support from Castagne, which has been sorely lacking as he went through a rotten period of form and confidence himself.

One gripe I had with our overall play was that we seemed to play down the left the majority of the time, despite Wolves often leaving space which a crossfield ball to Tete or Castagne could have exploited. I hope they'll see that and we'll see the partnership between the two thrive, because there were glimpses of it starting to bear fruit with Tete getting into better positions and allowing the overlap.

Needs to have the balls to beat a man in a 1-on-1, but I put that wholly on Rodgersball, which has had the same rotting effect on Barnes' overall play.

Get Harvey fit with Kristiansen playing in the same way on the left, and we could be scary out wide again. Hoping we'll see that tomorrow. 🤞

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 14:57, sacreblueits442 said:

...he doesn't have to be that quality, just competent in the position!!!

The frustration is that we failed to find anyone to take up a position that was so fundamental to our success. Why it has taken so long I do not know,  but other teams have brought players in at a fraction of the price for Mahrez.

Olise might be an option if we stay up, Eze could well be another  and Ovie Ejaria could be a stand in for Barnes.

On 23/04/2023 at 15:14, An Sionnach said:

We are never going back to that sort of football which fundamentally relied on the lethality of two high class players. Its history and the continual search for the next Vardy and Mahrez is an exercise in futility. Tete is unlikely to stay with us anyway and our main target should be a powerful central striker that Barnes and Iheanacho can play off.

Forum wasn’t happy with Mahrez, until he accepted the gauntlet in title season,and even then after, he was criticised…

But searching for the.  „next anything“ is the wrong attitude,we want the „new lad from the unknown“.  Just like all quality players are…We won’t recognise our next best player,because many must put him first through the ringer..The fact that Tete has had few games none of yus have seen enough of him to recognise lack of potential,or quality fit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

Be tempted to start him again tonight. Kelechi up top , Barnes on the left with Maddison playing just behind Kelechi 

Torn between this or having Seniorman in the #10 role and Maddison wide right and them interchanging in their support of Vardy or Daka.

It's a decent conundrum to have, Tete's work rate and movement seemed much better on Saturday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Torn between this or having Seniorman in the #10 role and Maddison wide right and them interchanging in their support of Vardy or Daka.

It's a decent conundrum to have, Tete's work rate and movement seemed much better on Saturday.

Could see them going for this as Vardy has started the last 2 games since Smith has taken over. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was decent, just not spectacular, and i would be inclined to stick with him. Should have done better following Vardy's pass in the fist 5 mins. He took some decent corners too which is something we really see for Leicester at the moment. I think he will stick with Tete and Vardy for the first half tonight. This game could be frantic and it think that could suit them.

I despair. Here's my literally on bended knee willing hom not to play, yet others Wanting him.

I can't think of another player for us who has been so poor  yet gained so many loyal followers. 

I mean, we all know the answer as to why.. If this lad had been recruited from the SPL or championship and had familiar European name, he'd be as unpopular with FT as he is with me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I despair. Here's my literally on bended knee willing hom not to play, yet others Wanting him.

I can't think of another player for us who has been so poor  yet gained so many loyal followers. 

I mean, we all know the answer as to why.. If this lad had been recruited from the SPL or championship and had familiar European name, he'd be as unpopular with FT as he is with me. 

He is a decent player but the hype was ridiculous of course.  Is he better than Madueke?  Probably. Is he better than Lookman? Certainly not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

He is a decent player but the hype was ridiculous of course.  Is he better than Madueke?  Probably. Is he better than Lookman? Certainly not.

The abuse Demarai Gray used to get, a young lad with some big contributions and big goals for us ..... versus the delusional desperation for this lad to be good.  Gray is X10 the player this lad will ever be

City fans are just so odd at times. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

The abuse Demarai Gray used to get, a young lad with some big contributions and big goals for us ..... versus the delusional desperation for this lad to be good.  Gray is X10 the player this lad will ever be

City fans are just so odd at times. 

That's a big reach but I don't disagree with the sentiment of the post. 

If Tete wasn't Brazilian I think most would be fed up with him already. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

notice you didn't address the response showing he had pretty reasonable stats at the weekend? like by any sensible metric he put in a reasonable performance at the weekend and should be in the running to start tonight 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

notice you didn't address the response showing he had pretty reasonable stats at the weekend? like by any sensible metric he put in a reasonable performance at the weekend and should be in the running to start tonight 

I can see why you thought that, but my post prior had said I'd shut up....l opted for the fa cup thanks emoji to the lad who posted the stats. 

But, the slack he gets is incomparable to Gray, who couldn't walk down the tunnel without criticism of his gait / attitude/ intelligence/ ability

Why the tolerance? It's rhetorical. It's coz he's Brazilian. And people WANT him to be good. The fact he was a failure in France and unsurprisingly looks out his depth at a level higher with us seems to wash over people. 

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's a big reach but I don't disagree with the sentiment of the post. 

If Tete wasn't Brazilian I think most would be fed up with him already. 

.. Tete has come to us, a team in crisis!!! 

He has been given instructions to play in a certain way, it has not helped him and the player is not benefiting from this. 

Hopefully he is starting again tonight, we play a higher tempo and he does not have to wait for the ball to get to him, whilst the opponents defenders are back in shape. 

He needs to develop an understanding with his defender behind him, I do not think he is that poor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounds like Smith likes pace out wide, so hopefully the days of Madders playing as a slightly wider 10 are over.

• Like 1

I think an efficient, competent wide man is a good idea. Someone who makes few mistakes, passes intelligently and can operate off either foot would fit in well. Someone who has the occasional moment of magic but is largely anonymous is of no real use to us.

All players in the mould of Tete, Gray, Lookman, Under etc. are wildly inconsistent. It's the nature of their game. High risk/high reward. 

Only the very best are able to do it week in, week out. 

Look at the likes of Sancho, Pulisic, Ziyech, Nicolas Pepe in recent years. Even they are/were all massively inconsistent in the Premier League. 

I think Tete needs time and I'd be happy to see him stay beyond this summer. It's ashame we didn't get Harrison from Leeds in January as he didn't need time to adapt to the league and is a decent player, and without his contributions, Leeds would be really in the shit right now. 

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think an efficient, competent wide man is a good idea. Someone who makes few mistakes, passes intelligently and can operate off either foot would fit in well. Someone who has the occasional moment of magic but is largely anonymous is of no real use to us.

Exactly that for tonight especially. Just give me the steady eddy of Dennis on the right to work in tandem with Timmy. That'd do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

That's why I always liked Perez. His work rate off of the ball and ability to help us press high up the pitch allowed others to create. Similar story for Albrighton in the years following the title win. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Tete has come to us, a team in crisis!!! 

He has been given instructions to play in a certain way, it has not helped him and the player is not benefiting from this. 

Hopefully he is starting again tonight, we play a higher tempo and he does not have to wait for the ball to get to him, whilst the opponents defenders are back in shape. 

He needs to develop an understanding with his defender behind him, I do not think he is that poor. 

...Souttar and Kristensen have done fine!!!!

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Trying to make it a comparison between Tete and Gray and why one gets more lee-way than the other is just ridiculous.

We had over 150 appearances and 5+ years of watching Gray for I would say the majority of fans to be able to form a very certain opinion of him.

We have had just 10 games from Tete, of course he is going to get more tolerance from fans than what Gray was getting in his time here ffs.

I get the logic. But my head works the other way. Players kinda have to earn a respect. Gray - for me - had given us enough value to be respected. Same as Youri. Fella behind me screamed 'get off you fat c*** 'on Saturday. Whereas for me, these players have earned some leeway. 

It's not personal. I'm too angsty to watch Tete, a proven failure in France, learn on the job. We haven't the time nor luxury to allow that 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I get the logic. But my head works the other way. Players kinda have to earn a respect. Gray - for me - had given us enough value to be respected. Same as Youri. Fella behind me screamed 'get off you fat c*** 'on Saturday. Whereas for me, these players have earned some leeway. 

It's not personal. I'm too angsty to watch Tete, a proven failure in France, learn on the job. We haven't the time nor luxury to allow that 

I wouldn't say he is a proven failure in France at all though.

30 appearances - 23 starts

1,951 minutes - 21.7 90's

18 goal contributions - 8 goals and 10 assists

Goal contribution every 108 minutes

That is a pretty good record for his time at Lyon.

• Like 1