Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tetê

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

When I say failure in France, I mean he was unwanted by a mid table club. They couldn't get rid quick enough. That part is indisputable. 

Nah that's unfair. Lyon have one of the biggest budgets in France but didn't look on course for Europe, so had to re-budget. They had a change of manager and change of style/formation. Freeing up their wage bill to sign get a defender back in on loan (Gusto) and sign two attackers on permanent deals. Canny dealing really from their point of view. 

Edited by CosbehFox

54 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Exactly that for tonight especially. Just give me the steady eddy of Dennis on the right to work in tandem with Timmy. That'd do.

I seem to remember it was Praet in the home game v Leeds and it worked well but then for whatever reason, injury perhaps, it wasn't really repeated, not for any whole games anyway

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Torn between this or having Seniorman in the #10 role and Maddison wide right and them interchanging in their support of Vardy or Daka.

It's a decent conundrum to have, Tete's work rate and movement seemed much better on Saturday.

His curved run inwards seemed to catch Wolves out a lot, especially giving Castagne room to overlap too. 

Could be useful again today

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Tete doesn't improve and signs permanently then he too will get criticism and it would be warranted as although you'd be a bit unfair to grant no time for adaption to the PL, there's only so long before you have to get tough.

It makes you laugh how people judge players. Players that had to play one shite way with a tosser for a manager.

Everyone deserves a fresh start. Only last week Soumare was the biggest lump of shite we had singed.

But Saturday he was a super hero.

Fickle is an understatement for some of our fans.

Soyuncu was had it by some and wanted him dropped, then wanted him back.

It seems now he's a super hero again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Anything but. I didn't fancy Tete from the get go. I've been absolutely consistent. I did think, I then thought and now still think he's rubbish.

Fickle was an in general comment about a large part of our fan base not aimed at any individual.

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

When I say failure in France, I mean he was unwanted by a mid table club. They couldn't get rid quick enough. That part is indisputable. 

He got 6 goals and 5 assists in 19 games in France this season. If he's been a failure anywhere its the PL so far.

You evidently didn't rate him from the off which you're entitled to but I'm fascinated where you gained that fixed opinion because he wasn't a failure in France, anything but, his stats had him amongst the very best wingers in that league and in Ukraine he was similar.

I'm not saying you're wrong as overall he's been very mediocre so far but I'm old enough to know that some players start pretty iffy and can still go on to be a success in the PL. Ricardo Pereira being our most recent example, he was honking the first 5-10 games.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kill the idiot Mahrez obsession and we can judge him properly. The Frenchman ,because that is what he is , is becoming ancient history. We should be about the here and now.

Any winger at this club needs to provide a minimum 10 PL goal contributions a season. That's nothing to do with being accustomed to the brilliance of Riyad Mahrez, it's just par for the course if we want to get back to being at the top end of the PL table rather than mid table at best.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any winger at this club needs to provide a minimum 10 PL goal contributions a season. That's nothing to do with being accustomed to the brilliance of Riyad Mahrez, it's just par for the course if we want to get back to being at the top end of the PL table rather than mid table at best.

I give you Jadon Sancho, 75 million and 250 grand a week. Very ,very few wingers in this league get half decent figures. Barnes , by the way, is more striker than winger.

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I give you Jadon Sancho, 75 million and 250 grand a week. Very ,very few wingers in this league get half decent figures. Barnes , by the way, is more striker than winger.

He really isnt. 

Not sure why price gets brought up on players so much. That is on the clubs buying and selling not the player. 

10 PL contributions for a team like ours would be a great return. 

10 from each winger and 20 from a striker minimum would put us right back in the mix with Europe. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kill the idiot Mahrez obsession and we can judge him properly. The Frenchman ,because that is what he is , is becoming ancient history. We should be about the here and now.

I bet you are one of those few that booed him on his return to the KP. I think anyone that booes an ex-LCFC player is the highest of disrespect. (not including fofana)

Edited by Simoken

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

And Jadon Sancho has massively flopped. I repeat, wingers that don't provide 10+ goal contributions a season in the PL have absolutely no business at a team aspiring for top 7. Certainly not 1st team regulars.

• Like 2

He's not been great so far, sure, but he's played 10 games in the best league in the world, in a new country, in a shit team that is struggling, not the best English also. His whole life has been turned upside down. He was living and playing in Ukraine, left because it wasn't safe. Went to France and did pretty well and now here. He's lived in 3 different countries and played in 3 different leagues in the last 18 months and people expect him to be ripping it up and performing miracles. He's now being compared to Demarai Gray 😂 I despair sometimes. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

...if there is a Mahrez obsession it all comes from you!!!

Either you are missing him from the team or there is some other reason you keep on bringing him up. The fact that every one can see, that we need a right sided player to compliment Barnes on the left, seems to have escaped you. Having a player on the right wing, who is preferably an inverted winger, does not mean we are pining for  Mahrez. Is it because a player plays on the right that you associate with Mahrez, do we continually compare Schmeicmel to Shilton, I cannot recall this forum making those comparisons, strange, as they played in the same position. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And Jadon Sancho has massively flopped. I repeat, wingers that don't provide 10+ goal contributions a season in the PL have absolutely no business at a team aspiring for top 7. Certainly not 1st team regulars.

interestingly though, the main reason sancho is flopping is because he lacks raw pace.  I would say you get away without raw pace in all the top leagues except the prem.

You have to be incredibly gifted if you do lack it. As the physicality is so high, so if you can’t escape the challenge you have to be built like grealish to ride it. 

I would say that Tete might be experiencing the exact problem Sancho has. He can do a neat trick to go past someone but doesn’t have the pace to then actually get away from them: 

Edited by Lambert09

10 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

He's not been great so far, sure, but he's played 10 games in the best league in the world, in a new country, in a shit team that is struggling, not the best English also. His whole life has been turned upside down. He was living and playing in Ukraine, left because it wasn't safe. Went to France and did pretty well and now here. He's lived in 3 different countries and played in 3 different leagues in the last 18 months and people expect him to be ripping it up and performing miracles. He's now being compared to Demarai Gray 😂 I despair sometimes. 

Makes one question that English trait of „fairness“.  Dunnit.

We get ourselves lost in the mists of Football rage or need to pre-judge to gain respectfull pundit ITK points…

Tete’s Leicester Story will be played out in these next few games, then his Leicester career extension,will be decided both from him & our own recruitment management, adding any influence the incoming management team will have.

over the years we have become too critical of any new boy,going well OTT with our analyse.. Tete,Kristiansen,Souttar even Faes, need patience & time.

Of all Tete actual loan contract,put him under more pressure to perform, either for us to make permanent,or his holding club,to revalue his value has a future player.

So far it’s ran as I expected…Hes not been our Chris Garland,but he’s done ok.and not so bad as some will have..He’s also a frontfoot player being asked to perform in a struggling team,who’s midfield & front 3 have difficulties in meshing.We have individual mistakes,and often individual speculation to score. 
The move on Saturday for our 2nd goal was one of our best team moves, & Tete was involved..But this Drang to point out negatives rather than positives lays deep in some posters phsyc. I enjoy watching the challenge that every player and team faces in every game, I see improvement where others have blinded their views,looking more for the errors..

One notes the errors, & mistakes, but must Not grave them into the mindset.

Rodgers and many fans IMO,did this when judging Soyuncu,a top PL CB and player who should have had a permanent 1st choice place in our team,with those occasional bench times , when those mistakes & run of form would be part of his/ any players career path.  Too many Go really OTT,this time Rodgers.!! 
Before I meet my maker,I really want to know Rodgers reason why, on Soyuncu

and holding far too long on Ward..but I have indirectly digressed..

Tete deserves our support,because we need an attacking front 6,and not a backfoot

running scared front group..Tete can be that important missing link,we have been looking for,for so long.Though never,never a Mahrez replacement but a player in his own name & style…Look through my eyes,since the 50s we have had some sweet

wingers,some over 1-2 seasons,some over half their careers. Today it’s far easier to drop than keep such players,more the shame..

I’m not gonna begrudge why some of our hot headed fans are slagging Tete’ off. I get it. We’re in deep doodoo and we need somebody, anybody to conjure up some magic and pull us out of this mess. Tete’ hasn’t done that but neither has anybody else.

I’ve seen enough in his hand against villa to know there is a quality player in him. We as in the club, coaches and fans have to support him. This is a bloody hard team and situation to settle into ffs! We’re fighting relegation in the toughest league in the world who just sacked their manager. Seriously that’s some serious pressure!

tete’ will come good. Please get behind him and support. Smiffy & shakey will get the best out of him soon enough.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Just over the last few seasons there's Barnes, March, Mitoma, Trossard, Almiron, Raphinha, Bowen, Mbeumo, Zaha, Benrahma, Harrison, Wissa, Cornet, Saint-Maximin, Neto and possibly more, and that's excluding players at the big six. I'm not sure why you think citing Mahrez and Sancho ad infinitum somehow proves that productive wingers are impossible to acquire. I think I preferred it when you were obsessed with George Hirst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1